Your point information

Just curious as to your DVC point journeys and why you made the journey that you did.

1 - How many points do you have?

2 - Why this number? (how large a family, how many vacations per year,...)

We go once a year - stay in a one bedroom, three in our family. We felt in the beginning that we might only go every other year, so we would roll over points. We have borrowed a few times now to get a 2 bedroom and have family come with us. Also - at the time 150 points at $79 a point put us around $12,000. We felt financially that was comfortable, but did not want to go higher.

3 - How many times have you added on?

We have not added on - and probably wont until this contract is paid off. We will then reevaluate our situation. Depends on jobs and economy. We may start going every other year as it will get more difficult to take our daughter out of school. We can always add-on at some point, but did not want to take on too many points - who knows what will change over time.

4 - How many points do you eventually want?

Eventually I would want enough points to get a 2 bedroom once a year. I think it would depend on the time of year to go, but I would guess we would need a total of 300 or so. Not sure if we will ever get to that point. We vacation in other places besides Disney, but even with a family of three, when our daughter starts bringing friends or other family joins us, we need enough to get a two bedroom. That would be the ideal for us.

We have just been trying to work through what our ideal number of points is going to end up being.

Good Luck - not a bad position to be in trying to figure out how many points you will get. It is hard to think about how often you will visit or use the points. I hope to go down for spring training one year, possibly a golf vacation with the boys, so you can always use more if the finances will allow. We live in NY - and although the flight prices are not bad, it is not a trip we do on a whim (although we did once), we usually are happy planning our once a year WDW trip.

1. 210 points at Old Key West.

2. We are a family of 4 and strongly prefer a 1 BR to a studio. On occasion, my mother-in-law comes with us, and when she does we get a 2 BR lockoff. We travel to WDW 1-2 times a year.

3. Have not added on yet, but we are always in the hole due to borrowing, so that may come soon.

4. I toss around the idea off adding on 100 pts somewhere from time to time, but havent pulled the trigger yet.

Just curious as to your DVC point journeys and why you made the journey that you did.

1 - How many points do you have?160
2 - Why this number? (how large a family, how many vacations per year,...)This was the buy in amount when we brought in...it's one contract...just right for me...I have a DD7...we get two trips per year...on in February during President's week and on in the summer months
3 - How many times have you added on?never
4 - How many points do you eventually want? I will most likely add on another 50 point contract or one 50 and one 25...as we expect the family to grow my one more DD:wizard:...in the near future

We have just been trying to work through what our ideal number of points is going to end up being.
good luck with your final decision

We have 600 points -- 350 at OKW and 250 at BWV

We don't have kids, however we enjoy bringing guests from time to time. We have never stayed in a studio .. we love the 1-bedroom villas. We are from the northeast and typically stay 10-12 nights. We vacation 1 sometimes 2 times per year at Disney. We do not use our points for cruises or any other exchages. We have rented our points a couple of times to friends. When bringing guests we like to offer everyone their own bedroom/bath, keeping the living area free for everyone to enjoy. When we joined the weekend points were much higher. We did not want to check out to avoid weekends on our longer, so we added points to provide the option of staying 4 weekend nights to maximize our vacation time. The recent point reallocation has worked in our favor with weekend nights changing to lower point values. We are in our mid 50's and we plan to retire in 4 years ... part of our retirement plan is using our points to stay as long as possible every year at one of the DVC resorts!

We initially purchased 230 from OKW in 1997. Over the years we have added 120 at OKW, 100, 100 and 50 all at BWV.

we don't believe we need any more points at this time. We are following Hawaii, but may just take our chances with the 7 month window. Hawaii is a LONG flight from Boston and not something we would do that often..but we do love Hawaii!

Best of luck with your decision ... it's so tempting to add on points ... I sometimes feel like Oliver .. always asking "May I have some more please"!! We really enjoy our DVC stays .. we're not park commandos and spend a lot of time enjoying the resorts and Orlando area ..so we are always wondering ... do we have enough..but when we think about how large of an annual dues bill we want to deal with every year we believe we have reached our final points level .....

1. 400
2. We have two contracts of 200 each, one at VWL and one at BLT - added the second after the second child, idea is one for each. We go each year, but every other year is longer and we invite one of our siblings and family along. The alternate year is shorter, 4 or 5 days, maybe for MNSSHP.
3. One, see above.
3. more than I have, but I don't have enough vacation days each year to make that practical yet. AKL, BCV, GCV and Aulani all sound attractive to me.

200 as of yesterday, 260 as of today :lmao:

We're not sure!? Our first trip home is actually not til September . . . but I love all things Disney and when we planned our first DCL cruise/WDW trip this year, we figured out that it would be cheaper for us to put that money towards a SSR resale purchase. rather than to pay it into oblivion. So we bought 200 SSR resale, and added on 60 at Aulani just this afternoon :goodvibes

Once, our 1st add on was today, which is only 2 months after the closing of our first contract. We're travel-holics, and in the last two months already used up our 2010/2011 SSR points by booking future trips. Went to Oahu this past month and saw Aulani, came home and added on.

We're planning on adding on at AKV sometime in the future...depends on the incentives offered on our December cruise. Although we're pretty young, we'd like to eventually have enough points to do 1 month at WDW by the time we retire (3 weeks WDW, 1 week on a cruise) every other year, with Hawaii/Aulani every other year. That's the hope ;)

1. 550 points (325 at SSR, 125 at AKV, and 100 at BLT)

2. Both of our children are married and have babies on the way (one next month and the other in January). We wanted enough points to take family vacations with everyone.

3. Our original contract at SSR in August 2006 was for 250 points and we added 75 points 1 month later. In August 2007 we added 125 at AKV after viewing the models. Last summer we added 100 more points at BLT while on a Disney cruise. We liked its proximity to the MK.

4. I don't know how many more points we'll add-on, but we're talking about more - not sure when!

400 - 270 BWV purchased 10 years ago, 60 BCV, 100 SSR

4 - DH and myself, 26yo DD, 21yo DS. we used to do a 1bdrm for all of us for 10-12 days, plus a 2-bdrm for my parents, DB and his family, and me for a week every other year. now DH and i go in oct in a studio for 11-14 days, DD and i in may in a studio 10-12 days, and parents still go every other year (with me:rolleyes1)

2 add-ons

we would love 500-700 BWV points ;). after trying all the other resorts, all of us find we only want to stay at the BWV. we do like SSR, but not a single one cares for the BCVs at all so we plan on selling those eventually.
we would love to get a BWV GV one year for all of us, including my other brother, but would prefer not using two years of points to do so.

We purchased the minimum at the time....150 points.

There are just two of us and we can financially and time-wise afford only one 7-10 day vacation per year. We wanted to give the minimum a try and decide later if we needed more. Why initially buy more than you can use, ya know?

This is where our surprise came in. We were almost certain we'd want/need to buy more points. After a few years we realized that we were absolutely 100% fine with studio accomodations and didn't even use the whole 150 for each studio vacation. I had stayed in a one bedroom time and was sooooo disappointed that I had *wasted* all those extra points. Never again!
Back into studios we went and started accumulating our extra points, enough to allow us to either stay extra long some years and on other years to bring family with us (and get an extra studio for them!). We've been so pleased with that little discovery....the fact that 150 has been more than enough points for us!

We're quite satisfied with our 150 points.

Have fun trying to decide!

We have 410 points- started with 230 and added on 3 times over the years, VERO,HHI & BLT, when we needed more points for whatever trip we were planning at the time!:rotfl:
Eventually we would like to have enough for DH and I to spend a couple of winter months in WDW:woohoo:

1) 275

2)Cause it's what I could afford, when I got them, lol...Got enough SSR pts to make sure 1 trip a year in 1 bedroom...Got small AKLV for my solo trips that no longer exist, lol...Now engaged and havent gone solo since I got the points:rotfl:

3) Added on 2x..Started w/150 SSR, added 50 SSR, then added 75 AKLV.

4)This is a dream right now, as fiance isnt working, and I'm not making much, but eventually we'd like probably another 50-75 @ AKLV and we've been dreaming about BWV pts for years...Probably 100 pts there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter