• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Your opinion...?

robynbird

So Very Pwnful
I'm wondering what your opinion is on this type of situation. Someone trades you a really valuable or rare item, and accepts a very cheap trade for it, and seems perfectly happy. There's no scamming, both sides are happy, but one side definitely comes out better off than the other in the whole scheme of things. Do you think that people are obliged to make sure a trade is fair for both sides, or is it ok to accept a trade that you know is unfair if the other person is happy with it? What do you guys think? :)

I think if you're both perfectly happy and both know the value of the items, I think it's fine. You're both getting what you want and if no one minds parting with the items to get something they want...then no one is really losing out.

I think it is your responsibility in a trade to make sure the person is aware of the relative "worth" of items, however if they are aware and are happy with the trade then I don't see a problem with completing the trade. (In other words, don't lie or fib about your items and how valuable they are)

Having said that, if I participate in a one-sided trade, I will keep it in mind and if trading with the same person again, I would agree to a one-sided trade the other way to even things up. Another alternative is to throw in a few extra goodies in the trade - something that is worth something, but you have lots of.

It really all depends on how much people value the item. Some people have multiples so they are willing to give a cheap trade. I do it all the time. I traded a shamrock pin for a few ice cubes, and I was going to give it for free. As long as they know that the other person is benefitting more from the trade, I would say it's fine.

pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter