Your opinion, please, on my trip choices

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
Hi. I have reservations for 4 nights at HH during my kids' Spring break (March 28-April l). I have 8 nights as ASSp for the last week in June with 2 other families (who've never been to WDW!) and have 5 nights booked at HH for the week after, which is the 4th of July week, but I plan on changing that to OKW when the 7 month booking window opens so that we can "relax" in WDW and do waterparks and maybe US/IOA after our friends leave.

Now, after getting the Unofficial Guidebook for the first time, I see that the days in March that I could go to OKW (only resort left with 2 bedrm at that time), rather than HH, are LESS crowded in WDW than the days in June/July. So, now I'm thinking to change my 4 nights to OKW and enjoy more days at WDW. I have been during Spring break and couldn't believe the crowds, but at least the weather is more tolerable.

The trouble with changing the spring break to OKW is more than double the points, so I'm not sure if it's worth it, since I know we will be back in WDW for 13 nights in the summer.

What would you do? Avoid the WDW spring crowds? Save the points? By the way, we will already be in Tampa celebrating Easter with DH family, so HH is on the way home, buuut WDW is only two hours away! And I know we can't go in the ocean at HH during that time, but the pools are heated and we can take walks and bike on the beach.

I'd love opinions. Also, we have never done US/IOA. We would be driving from OKW. Would summer crowds be different than Spring break crowds for those parks?

:earsgirl:

My only thought is agreeing that it is better to do HH and/or OKW after you do the ASSp. To go from a regular AS room two a 2BR at OKW or HHI will be like going to heaven. I think you should stick to your plan, save the points and relax.

I really dislike doing Universal when not staying there. I find it worth it to stay at one of their hotels for a couple of nights to get the front of line access. The lines are soooooo long when you don't have that.

HBC

Since the time in March is closer to Easter this year, I doubt it'll be any less crowded than June or July. Plus HH will be FAR more crowded in the summer than in March/April. Plus doing OKW and HH Premier season will be a lot more points than what you have planned.

Yes, Happy Birthday Cat, it will feel great when we move into a two bedroom villa! I'm not sure I we will do for 8 nights in two connecting rooms in ASSp (we are a family of 6), but I figure it is better to stay where are friends are and my kids are excited about staying at the ASSp, since we haven't since becoming DVC members and they miss the food court :rolleyes: .

Since we need two rooms, that's why we aren't staying at the hotels at U/IOA---too expensive! Only 3 of us (DH and two of my DS's were going to go to those parks anyway and I figure they can get those express passes and use fast passes. Maybe we'll save that for another year.

:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter