Your favorite inexpensive off-site WDW hotels?

mjallemand

Est. 1985
The wife and I are thinking of taking a 2 to 3 day WDW trip in early October for Epcot's 35th anniversary. Since Disney resorts within our price range are all booked up during that period, we're looking to stay off-site for the first time ever.

I'm doing a bit of research and it's overwhelming, so I come to you, DisBoards users, with a question:

What's your inexpensive off-site WDW hotel(s) of choice?

Definitely less than $100 a nice, with less than $75 a nice being preferable.

Last edited:
There are two new Marriott brand hotels just off Western Way. If you are a member of Marriott Rewards (you can join for free) they are $87 to $97 a night more or less, which includes a good hot breakfast and the rooms are studios, so you have a kitchenette. On a map, they look like they are a distance, but it's really just a couple of miles with about 2 short lights and almost no traffic through the back part of WDW. You can go the back way (and not get on the toll road) and get to 192 in a few minutes where there's plenty of nice, reasonably priced restaurants (most with happy hours!). They are now our go-to when we stay off property!

Our fallbacks are Wyndham Lake Buena Vista or Best Western Lake Buena Vista. DH does not consider these offsite so when everything is booked we hit one of these guys up./ If you search around you can normally get them in the $90 range, but remember the resort fee.

While Disney Resorts pricing is set by season, "regular" hotels have pricing that changes daily. As such, a hotel can be inexpensive one day and overpriced the following. For example, I've stayed at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista (across the street from Disney Springs) for $63/night. On different dates, they sell that same room type for $279/night.

If you provide dates, I'd be glad to search for rates. Although I tend to stick to the hotels adjacent to Disney Springs, I'm familiar with many of the other off-site hotels that are frequently recommended here on this board...like the ones snarlingcoyote mentions above. So, I'll include those in any search.

While Disney Resorts pricing is set by season, "regular" hotels have pricing that changes daily. As such, a hotel can be inexpensive one day and overpriced the following. For example, I've stayed at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista (across the street from Disney Springs) for $63/night. On different dates, they sell that same room type for $279/night.

If you provide dates, I'd be glad to search for rates. Although I tend to stick to the hotels adjacent to Disney Springs, I'm familiar with many of the other off-site hotels that are frequently recommended here on this board...like the ones snarlingcoyote mentions above. So, I'll include those in any search.

Certainly.

We're thinking of going for the weekend of September 30th, so we'd check in on the Friday, September 29th and check out Monday October 2nd. Just a weekend trip so we don't need anything fancy like kitchenettes and other amenities. Just a clean bed to sleep in, a clean shower to...shower in, as cheap as possible without being the roach motel, and within a 5 to 15-minute drive of the Ticket & Transportation Center.

It's tough to find stellar hotel rates for weekends during the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. If you really want to save money, you'll have to go further than 15 minutes from the Transportation and Ticket Center.

The best deals I see right now are for Hilton properties using their "Long Weekender" promotion. With that, Sundays are 50% off if you stay three nights. It's a public promotion, so just go to https://hilton.com to book. (They only show 3 rate options on the pricing screen. If you don't see this promo, click the "More prices from..." link.) This promotion is not available on third-party sites like Orbitz or Expedia. You must book directly with Hilton.

Best options (in my opinion):

Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista
  • 11400 Marabella Court, Lake Buena Vista, FL
  • About 15 minutes to the Magic Kingdom Toll Plaza
  • Full Service hotel with restaurant
  • Free parking
  • No resort fee
  • 1-day cancelation policy
  • Price: $287.50 plus tax for two queen beds for 3 nights = $95.83/night
Hampton Inn and Suites South Lake Buena Vista
  • 4971 Calypso Way, Kissimmee, FL
  • Limited Service hotel with free breakfast
  • Free Parking
  • No resort fee
  • Price: $245 plus tax for two queen beds for 3 nights = $81.67/night
Hope that helps.

There are two new Marriott brand hotels just off Western Way. If you are a member of Marriott Rewards (you can join for free) they are $87 to $97 a night more or less, which includes a good hot breakfast and the rooms are studios, so you have a kitchenette. On a map, they look like they are a distance, but it's really just a couple of miles with about 2 short lights and almost no traffic through the back part of WDW. You can go the back way (and not get on the toll road) and get to 192 in a few minutes where there's plenty of nice, reasonably priced restaurants (most with happy hours!). They are now our go-to when we stay off property!

I will be looking for a hotel in early December for a couple nights. Do you happen to know the names of these hotels?

It's tough to find stellar hotel rates for weekends during the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. If you really want to save money, you'll have to go further than 15 minutes from the Transportation and Ticket Center.

The best deals I see right now are for Hilton properties using their "Long Weekender" promotion. With that, Sundays are 50% off if you stay three nights. It's a public promotion, so just go to https://hilton.com to book. (They only show 3 rate options on the pricing screen. If you don't see this promo, click the "More prices from..." link.) This promotion is not available on third-party sites like Orbitz or Expedia. You must book directly with Hilton.

Best options (in my opinion):

Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista
  • 11400 Marabella Court, Lake Buena Vista, FL
  • Full Service hotel with restaurant
  • Free parking
  • No resort fee
  • Price: $287.50 plus tax for two queen beds for 3 nights = $95.83/night
Hampton Inn and Suites South Lake Buena Vista
  • 4971 Calypso Way, Kissimmee, FL
  • Limited Service hotel with free breakfast
  • Free Parking
  • No resort fee
  • Price: $245 plus tax for two queen beds for 3 nights = $81.67/night
Hope that helps.

Stayed at both and wouldn't hesitate to stay at either. Garden Inn is slightly nicer and in the hub of lots of LBV hotels. Hampton has breakfast and a very easy "direct" route to parks.

I will be looking for a hotel in early December for a couple nights. Do you happen to know the names of these hotels?

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...lando-at-flamingo-crossings-western-entrance/

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...lando-at-flamingo-crossings-western-entrance/

remember staying offsite (if you are flying) - you must have a rental car - go to the transportation board for discounts on flights and rental cars

Looking for mid-November or early December. Will be my sister and I so don't need tons of room. We will be staying a minimum of 8-10 nights. We want to be in the Disney Springs area, I think. Will be renting a car. She has an annual pass and tables in Wonderland card. We will be spending time in the parks, but also, driving around the area. I'm considering a move to the area and want to get an idea of what it is like driving around. Would like to have a kitchenette or studio to save on some meal costs. I want a clean and safe place. Any tips appreciated.

Best Western Lake Buena Vista. Stayed there a few years back and liked it so much I just booked to stay there again this coming November! Its in the Disney springs area so comes under those dedicated busses. You get an son-site experience without paying on site prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter