Your Best Funny/Interesting Disney Story

bgohre

Always be the second one in the outhouse. It's goi
I was reading another forum and thought it would be great if people shared some of their stories that were either funny or very "interesting".

Here is mine.

On my very first trip (back in '85) to WDW we arrived in the early afternoon on December 31st. The temp was about 60 degrees and coming from WI, this felt darn near tropical. We checked into the Cabin (back then they called them Trailers) at Fort Wilderness, threw on a pair of shorts and tank top and went to Epcot with my Mom, Aunt, Uncle and two cousins. We all went our seperate ways and agreed to meet back at the ball at 1:00 am or so.

As the sun went down it started getting cold, around 10 or so it started to rain. Of course nobody was prepared and heck, we were at Disney so nobody cared. By the time 1 am rolled around we were pretty much all freezing. It was cold and wet and we were looking forward to getting back to the warmth of our Cabin. One problem, no Uncle. So we waited til the park closed at 2a, no Uncle. We loitered around the park until they kicked us out. We explained our situation to a CM and they sent a request out on the radio to look for our Uncle. We watched as Cast Members left until finally a Manager came out and said the park was completly empty.

They got a bus for us so we could get back to our Cabin, by now it was 4am and everybody was soaking wet and frozen to the bone. Everybody was really worried because my Uncle is a type A person. Very punctual and very VERY strict about sticking to our schedule. We got back to the cabin about 4:30am. We all stood in the kitchen area taking off our wet shoes and discussing what we were going to do next. Suddenly, my Uncle comes out of the back bedroom and says and I quote, "if you guys were going to stay out so late, you should have brought jackets with you". :mad:

All I could do was picture myself jumping over the couch and shoving my wet shoe...well you can guess the rest. :rolleyes1Turns out that he had been walking around with my Mom and Aunt. He went into the bathroom and when he came out he couldn't find them so he decided he was tired so he went back to the hotel at 9p to go to sleep. For the rest of the trip he was truly the best uncle anybody could ever have, pizza, snacks, souveneirs whenever you wanted something all you had to do was look at him and he would buy it for you. :woohoo:While we were all pretty mad at him for that, it turns out to be a great memory.

I was reading another forum and thought it would be great if people shared some of their stories that were either funny or very "interesting".

Here is mine.

On my very first trip (back in '85) to WDW we arrived in the early afternoon on December 31st. The temp was about 60 degrees and coming from WI, this felt darn near tropical. We checked into the Cabin (back then they called them Trailers) at Fort Wilderness, threw on a pair of shorts and tank top and went to Epcot with my Mom, Aunt, Uncle and two cousins. We all went our seperate ways and agreed to meet back at the ball at 1:00 am or so.

As the sun went down it started getting cold, around 10 or so it started to rain. Of course nobody was prepared and heck, we were at Disney so nobody cared. By the time 1 am rolled around we were pretty much all freezing. It was cold and wet and we were looking forward to getting back to the warmth of our Cabin. One problem, no Uncle. So we waited til the park closed at 2a, no Uncle. We loitered around the park until they kicked us out. We explained our situation to a CM and they sent a request out on the radio to look for our Uncle. We watched as Cast Members left until finally a Manager came out and said the park was completly empty.

They got a bus for us so we could get back to our Cabin, by now it was 4am and everybody was soaking wet and frozen to the bone. Everybody was really worried because my Uncle is a type A person. Very punctual and very VERY strict about sticking to our schedule. We got back to the cabin about 4:30am. We all stood in the kitchen area taking off our wet shoes and discussing what we were going to do next. Suddenly, my Uncle comes out of the back bedroom and says and I quote, "if you guys were going to stay out so late, you should have brought jackets with you". :mad:

All I could do was picture myself jumping over the couch and shoving my wet shoe...well you can guess the rest. :rolleyes1Turns out that he had been walking around with my Mom and Aunt. He went into the bathroom and when he came out he couldn't find them so he decided he was tired so he went back to the hotel at 9p to go to sleep. For the rest of the trip he was truly the best uncle anybody could ever have, pizza, snacks, souveneirs whenever you wanted something all you had to do was look at him and he would buy it for you. :woohoo:While we were all pretty mad at him for that, it turns out to be a great memory.

lol uncles for ya:)
Me and my bf were walking by Haunted Mansion and the train station they have there, well all of a sudden this cast member starts chaseing us with a treasure chest going "WAIT,WAIT!" I turn around, being me I'm thinking, maybe we won something, and there are pins, he wants to pin trade:laughing: my aunt stops and watches and she comes up from behind me, and goes "hey, christine, ask if the birthday girl could get a free pin" so I'm like"NO!!" but then i build up the guts to ask and he smiles, looks at my lanyard and my birthday pin and says, "hold on" he could have given me a small little one but instead he pulls out a nice pin with pluto and mickey on it, I say thank you and we go to eat. But I swear the guy came out of no where, half freaking me out.lol thanks mystery guy for makeing my birthday truley interesting XD :laughing: (july 29, 2007)

I only remember one thing from my first trip to DW and that was meeting Marry Poppins. We were staying at the Grand Floridian and there she was, hanging out in the lobby. I couldn't believe it.

Everything else I just remember from my parents telling me about it later. Like when we got to the the Magic Kingdom, the first thing we went on was the train and I loved it so much I wanted to go for another ride and my parents were like, but, there's other rides here!

Goofy once stepped on my foot, but I have completely blocked that experience from my memory.

My dad got stuck on the slide at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids park. Big man, little slide.

I lost my fiance in the MK this year because he waited by the wrong bathroom and he didn't have his cell with him. He had to call our hotel to get my cell number. I walked over to where he was at one point, but that's when he went to make the call, so we missed eachother ... yeah, still not funny yet.

I've been there 14 times, you'd think I'd have some better stories... I have some better universal ones. Close enough right?

It was really cold and I was pissed at Universal for various things, mostly making us buy a pass for both parks when we only wanted to go to one. It was late and we were walking over to Islands of Adventure to get some rollercoasters in before it hit 40 and I yelling something to the effect of "We're gonna have fun whether you like it or not!" to my friends who were even less enthused than I was, when I see Doc Brown from Back to the Future. I was like OMG! And skipped over to get my picture taken with him. My friends thought it was hilarious.

How about one night last summer when I head and saw this under my car at the Grand Floridian ! I would say almost 2 feet long :eek:
DSC06596.jpg

DSC06595.jpg

Or my first Disney trip !
5-1.jpg

eastern2.jpg

1979-1.jpg

Last year while my DW and I were visiting EPCOT, she had to use an ECV due to a DVT she had in her leg. As I was walking and she was rolling along, suddenly this little kid jumped in front of us and started shooting at the ECV with his pretend gun! It was so funny. It was like he was determined to "slay the dragon"....though he kept moving backwards and shooting at the same time anytime she moved foreward. I wish we had that on videotape!:rotfl:

Last September, while we were waiting on Main Street for the fireworks to start, a Mickey balloon floats down in front of my husband out of nowhere. He takes the balloon, and asks a man standing nearby with two children if that was their balloon. It wasn't, but the man told my husband his daughter had just asked him a few minutes ago that she wanted a balloon, but there were none available at the time. The children were adorable, one dressed like Buzz, the other a Princess. So my Princess Charming gave the little Princess the balloon!

...Two years prior to that, I was in a wheelchair when we visited MK. Before we entered the walkthrough to Main Street, I had the chance to pose with Minnie who lovingly placed her gloved hand atop mine as we took the photo. She then hugged me, and patted my shoulder. Those simple gestures brought such a happiness to my heart and tears in my eyes, I forgot about my problems for the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter