Young woman travelling alone - how safe is Hong Kong

Karin1984

DIS Veteran
Hello all!

I'm going to Hong Kong next year and I will spent some time outside Disneyland ;) As a young, white woman travelling solo, I'm wondering: how safe is Hong Kong? Of course the good old advice to avoid parks and dark alleys at night, and don't do anything what you wouldnt do at home. When making choices like public transportation or taxi? How female-friendly is Hong Kong?

Hopefully people here will have some tips on what to do and what not to do. :)

Thanks!

Karin

Hong Kong is a very safe city, any where in the city. Public transportation (MTR) is safe till it's close around 2:00am, then Bus runs 24 hours, along with taxi. All are safe, you will see children to grandma's at all hours of the day and night, all on public transportation. Parks are very safe, close about midnight I think, and there are no dark alleys in Hong Kong to worry about as the street lights are everywhere.

You will have a great time.

Cheers & Enjoy the Magic at Hong Disneyland!
(Hope to see you in the park!)

Thank you Rob! :) Good to hear first-hand information!

I'll probably go to Hong Kong the 2nd week of April 2014. Which should be a good time, crowd wise :)

Yes, I agree. I'm a white woman who has lived here nearly 10 years and I have never felt unsafe. Just use common sense and beware of pickpockets. I've never had anything stolen but I have some friends who have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter