You won't believe what someone offered me for a trade for my DVC!!!!

anniet

DIS Veteran
I was at work today- actually I was out- I work in the Sales Department for an HMO and I go to employer groups, set up a table with signs, give away refrigerator magnets with our company logo on them and answer questions for people who are on the plan, or thinking they want to join.

So this man tells me his daughter is a full time student doing an internship in WDW driving the trams in the parking lots(he wants to know if she can stay on his plan) So I make conversation by telling him I own DVC, and she probably drove a tram I was on. (I call it Disney's timeshare because not everyone knows what DVC is).

So he asks me if I would be interested in trading DVC for one of his timeshares on Cape Cod! I said NO so fast I thought I was going to blow him over! I didn't mean to, it was just a knee-jerk reaction. Like someone asked for my first born or something. Now, I've got absolutely nothing against Cape Cod, but I grew up on the South Shore-not all THAT different, we've got beaches, we've got great seafood-pretty much the only thing we don't have that the Cape does is the Kennedys. I still live relatively close to the water and DBF lives in a house where I can roll down the hill and onto the beach.

So he clarified by telling me it was in the month of June, but I politely said No thank-you, I'm not interested.

He told me he paid $300 for the timeshare, but I didn't ask any other questions. I wasn't trading!:eek: ;) :p

I live on Cape Cod - right smack dab in the middle, and honestly, to compare a timeshare here to Disney - you just can't! It would have been an unfair trade (although hotel prices down here are a little expensive). I don't really enjoy the ocean (unless it's the caribbean - love that crystal clear water!!!) and the traffic in the summer is a nightmare! If I could bike to work, I would. I do enjoy the tourists - don't get me wrong - but Disney is just so much better. I'm so excited that I will have a vacation there every year for the next 39 years!!!!

the only thing we don't have that the Cape does is the Kennedys.

Actually, AnnieT that isn't entirely true :). A few Kennedys own houses in Cohasset including the late Michael of babysitter scandal fame. I spent a large portion of my childhood in Scituate and I agree that I wouldn't trade DVC for Cape Cod either.

- Carol

Howdy neighbors!!!! I live in Plymouth, moved here two years ago from Hanson. We actually BOUGHT a timeshare on the Cape 6 years ago for the SOLE purpose of being able to trade to Disney. ( that was the sales pitch) We stayed there the first year, and have traded out every year since. I have no desire to vacation on the Cape. I can go to the Cape anytime I feel like it. And I would NEVER go in June or any simmer month, you can't MOVE down there. We actuallu enjoy trading our timeshare to the Poconos, this summer will be our third year out there.

Well,Annie, I hope you refrained from laughing in his face!!!!

Originally posted by Disney1fan2002
Well,Annie, I hope you refrained from laughing in his face!!!!

It was difficult, Disney1fan, but I did my best to control myself. :p

zillow DBF's house is in Scituate, and I forgot about the other Kennedy's- I guess the South Shore DOES have everything the Cape does.:eek:

I live in Brockton and I'm sorry. But, I'd never choose the Cape over WDW(LOL), theres no OKW.

Good for you Annie! Ive never been to Cape Cod but that would have been a likely response for me also. Me do away with a trip to WDW, never!!

Cape Cod is a nice place to visit, but it ain't no Disney! :p

That is funny how you reacted though. I was laughing while I read that.

I live just over the bridge. Although it is a nice place to live, and raise a family, I have never understood why so many people visit here. I never go to the ocean (although it is nice to have as an option) we actually just put in a pool because I don't like to swim in the ocean. I would've said no right away too. That is pretty funny!

I actually LIKE going to Cape Cod, but I wouldn't trade my DVC points to go there either! I **might** trade them to go to Nantucket for a week, but only for a REALLY good location, and only because my DH likes Nantucket so much...just the plain old Cape, though...I don't think so!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter