You won't believe what DVC did for us....

TChrist05

DIS Veteran
Hello fellow members....
My wife and I became members last May 2003 on the Disney Magic...we finally took the plunge....and have never looked back...but here is the deal....

On July 4th of this year...we had a horrific house fire that burnt our home down....we lost all of our possessions....everything we had on this earth including our pets....we were lucky to get our with our lives and yes, my 25 year old daughter made it out too....

We had a vacation scheduled for the 12th of September at Beach Club(which is our home resort) and we replaced our paperwork for our purchase.....so....to get to the real story....we spent 5 nights in Beach Club week before last and then sailed on the December 4th Magic.....at the member celebration they asked us to be part of a focus group because Disney wanted to know what the members think and would like for them to do for us.....anyway....during the group my wife and I mentioned our tragedy during the course of conversation...when the group was over a representative from Disney asked for our address where we are staying....they would like to send us some of our lost items that we had received.....well....today a duffle bag full of vacation club items arrived at our hotel that we are staying at until our home is rebuilt....simply amazing what they sent us....more than we lost to be honest with you....and they sent a card telling us how we are all "family" being a member and they wanted to make our loss a little easier.....just amazing.....we are thankful we survived our tragedy....miss our pets horribly....but feel blessed that we are part of a vacation club who honestly cares about there members....
Just wanted to share with you guys how wonderful they were to us..

Tom & Marilou Christian
Beach Club Members since May 2003

I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your tragedy -- but glad that your family made it out of the fire. It's so nice to hear that Disney/DVC went out of their way to provide you with a little joy. It must be awfully tough getting through this time. Take care and thanks for sharing the story.

My heart goes out to you for your tragic loss. How wonderful of DVC to do this for you. Hoping for easier and happier times ahead.

I'm terribly sorry about your tradegy and thank God everyone is safe.

This may not be the most appropriate time but I have to say more and more I read and hear about DVC, the organization, and DVC members, I'm just glad to be part of it. What other "timeshare" company out there would go out of their way like this :wizard:

Sorry to hear of your loss - pets are family, and I understand how you feel. I loved your story of how DVC responded when they heard your story. Good luck in getting your life realigned. Sandie B

This kind of story makes me proud to be a member of the DVC family!

I hope you get your new home and life back in order soon. What a nice "welcome home" for you!

So sorry to hear about your horrific experience. I'm glad DVC was able to put a smile on your face! How nice of them!

I too am sorry for the loss of your home and pets. I am glad that DVC did such a nice thing for you and your family and I wish you all the best for the new year.

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your home and of your much loved pets - I agree, they're family too :sad1: I'm happy to hear the rest of your family got out safely though and that DVC sent some pixie dust and Disney magic your way. :hug:

A safe and happy holiday season to you and your family!
noel.gif

Oh I am so sorry.

I don't know what I will do when Spicey dies - but to lose everything in a fire.

I had a fire once and lose just about everything - my dog died in that fire.

I still miss him. Time will help.\

You must be sweet people!

Tom - I remember that tragic day when you reported this to us on the cruise board. It is very upsetting as we feel we know you in some ways through your posts and friendship here on the Boards.

I am so glad that DVC did something to make you feel so good.

I am so sorry for your loss and hope that each day gets better for you and your family.

:grouphug:

Thank you all for your kind words of support....and I truly believe that the DVC is family....both a big part of mine as well as a lot of other people...thanks again!

Tom & Marilou Christian

I am so sorry for your loss and your pets - I never thought I would experience the loss of a pet, but I did. Very, very hard. I feel for you and Thank God your family made it. Thanks for sharing how DVC was able to "touch" you in some way, you brought tears to my eyes. Wishing you the best.

What a SMALL world it is . I started reading your post and it started to sound familar.
Glad to hear DVC was so nice.
PS Rosie is doing well but misses you.
Tim & Marie :cat:

I am soo sorry to hear about the loss of your Home, and it was great of DVC to respond the way they did. We`re happy to belong to such a caring "Family"!
_______
maria

So sorry for the loss of your house and all your stuff.

I'm so glad that you and your family got out o'kay. Sorry that your pets didn't.

It's nice to hear that DVC sent some much needed pixie dust your way. You guys definitely need it.

While things can be replaced, I know it still hurts. Hope you and your family get through this ordeal together. May God grant you strengh. May you all be drawn closer together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter