You win some you booze some, a HOT August 2017 dining report! complete 1/25*

Yummy first meal! I've had dinner at WCC twice, but its been awhile. After seeing your review, I'd like to try it again...

Looks like a Lifesaver in my drink lol but it's an ice cube.

I'm glad you said that b/c I was like, What the heck is in this drink anyway?? Since it ended up being too sweet, maybe it WAS a lifesaver!!

a shy, whispering Barney Fife

an oxymoron, and yet I can totally picture it! (if you're a fan of Don Knotts, I suggest the movie The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, because it is perfect for the Halloween season in a very fun way!)

img_6605-jpg.268626

This guy is adorable!

Whispering Canyon played a big role in my first ever trip in 2001. We were at WL for two full weeks, and we ate there several times because it was easy to get a walk up then. We ended up with the same couple of servers most of the time and they all knew our names by the time we left and we took pictures with them like they were old friends. I love seeing all of the fun things they still do...and even though your server was on the quiet side, I'm glad he kicked it up a notch with the ketchup call!!

Yeh you guys got screwed with Fife - and yes, we watch Andy Griffith all the time in this house! Lol. We had a lady server and she was awesome! They had "horse" races across the restaurant and made the men sing I'm a Little Teapot! It was hilarious! And yes we got ketchup!

Love the review. I'm so glad WCC is good because it's so very convenient to eat there when staying at WL!

It's Best If You Like Ketchup
After our first ever tour through a club level lounge we were ready for a real meal, our first one of the day. Luckily we only had to go down to the lobby, because we were eating at Whispering Canyon Cafe in the WL lobby! We'd eaten dinner here once before but it was back in.....2010? 2011? Therefore the boys didn't remember it at all. The lunch menu looked better to me than dinner and since I didn't want to check in late it worked perfect today.

I mentioned in my last post that the CL CM called down to tell them we'd be late due to the MB issue. Our reservation was for 12:30, we got there about 12:50 and were seated right away. First thing, drinks! Steve wanted a beer and went back and forth with our server for a bit because he wanted a dark beer and apparently they don't have any. Our server came back and suggested the Moosehead so Steve tried it. I ordered the Moonshine Lemonade with Watermelon:

View attachment 268594

Looks like a Lifesaver in my drink lol but it's an ice cube. Steve liked his beer but my drink was WAY too sweet, and you all know I like sweet drinks. You can also get different flavors instead of watermelon like blueberry or strawberry. This was like a glass of sugar with some watermelon juice squeezed in. I told Steve I'd forge ahead and kept it for the time being.
Let me discuss our server for a minute. Any of you familiar with the antics at WCC know that your server's personality plays a big part in this, similar to 50's Prime Time. Our server, as described in my TR, was like a shy, whispering Barney Fife. I realize as I type that, that many of you may not know who Barney Fife is..... google him :surfweb: And then watch "The Apple Dumpling Gang" which is my favorite Disney movie from my childhood which stars Don Knots, who played Barney Fife.

Ricky ordered one of their bottomless milkshakes, chocolate:

View attachment 268619

He didn't say if it was better than the one at the Plaza, but he loved this one enough to finish it. I can't remember what Chris got and for some reason I don't have a picture.
Next they brought bread to our table, which was cornbread:

View attachment 268620

I love me some cornbread and this didn't disappoint! It also tastes just like the cornbread at the HDDR and Trail's End, both of which I love. I had two small pieces and seriously had to hold myself back from eating more, but in addition to my meal I had an app coming that I'd had my eye on:
Gold Rush Western Chips with Chili, Queso Dip and Fresh Salsa:

View attachment 268621

Yup, nice and simple but sooo delicious! I love nachos and these were like pseudo-nachos. The salsa was ok but both the queso dip and chili were out of this world! And I'm not even a big chili fan. Chris and Steve helped with this but I did most of the damage, and when all was said and done the chili and queso were gone. The salsa and queso have a slight kick to them but nothing overpowering; the salsa had a bit more of a kick but that's not why it wasn't our favorite, it just wasn't anything special. The chips were chips but they were crispy!

While we were eating this and drinking the server at the table next to us was going crazy with her guests. Our guy was like :confused:. It was ok though, we weren't really there for the antics but it was fun watching everyone else enjoy them. Something else that happened while eating that delicious app was that I realized I could no longer stomach my drink. WAY too much sugar. Steve flagged down Mr. Fife and instead I got this:

View attachment 268627

Which went down much smoother. Soon our food came- Ricky and Steve both got the All You Care to Eat Skillet: Slow-smoked Pork Ribs, Barbecued Pulled Pork, Roasted Glazed Chicken, and Western-style Sausage served with Mashed Yukon Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, an Cowboy-style Baked Beans

View attachment 268624

Ricky loved the chicken; couldn't get enough and asked for seconds which he finished. He also enjoyed the ribs and mashed potatoes, really liked the pulled pork (this was his first time trying it) but wasn't a fan of the sausage, but he normally doesn't eat sausage anyway. He didn't try the beans because that's something else he doesn't eat but Steve said they were ok, definitely not the best part. Steve enjoyed all of it!

Chris ordered the St. Louis-style Pork Ribs: with Chipotle Barbecue Sauce, Slaw, and French Fries

View attachment 268623

Loved the fries, loved the ribs, which are different than the ones in the skillet-he gave Steve one of his so Steve confirmed this. Chris is a huge BBQ sauce lover and he thought the sauce on these was the perfect combo of tangy and sweet with a kick.

I ordered the Applewood-smoked Turkey Sandwich: on Toasted Multigrain Bread with Arugula, Tomato, and Cranberry Mayonnaise with your choice of French Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, or Cucumber Salad

View attachment 268622

First, I've had this cucumber salad other places on property and it's really good. Whatever the dress it with is kind of sweet but not too sweet. The sandwich itself was so fresh tasting, perfect on a hot muggy day. The cranberry mayo OMG, delicious! Sadly I could only eat half of this and some of the salad because I filled up too much on Western Chips :P

Chris did need ketchup for his fries and we couldn't WAIT to hear our server do what they do when you ask for ketchup! Well, this little man opened his mouth and let out the loudest yell I've ever heard in my life, it was hysterical! Everyone in the restaurant brought us every single bottle of ketchup from their tables, the boys thought it was great. Once we had it all I had to move it out of the way of everyone's food; another server saw me trying to make room, came over and told me I needed to make a castle out of it:

View attachment 268626

Not as pretty as Cinderella's but a cute gesture nonetheless!

We all enjoyed our meals, more than I thought we would. We were too full for dessert, plus there were snacks upstairs, so we left to explore the resort and show the boys why we both love it so much!

I had to come back over here looking for recent WCC food pics since we are planning to go on our next trip (February). Life has been nuts and I was so disheartened after the photobucket thing and all of the work I put into my report with photos I haven't had the heart to spend much time here. But I am glad to see that you went and liked it, and especially good reviews on the skillet! I think my kiddo will be banging out his "under 10" status with the kid's price on the skillet (one last hurrah, he'll be 10 in June and we are going in February.) It is my "big dinner" when my parents arrive before the cruise and honestly *I* would prefer Artist Point but they are not really fancy food people and since they will insist on paying I felt uneasy about suggesting a place that is both high priced and not their type of food. My dad loves ribs and steak, my kid loves bbq and I promised him the all you can drink milkshake last trip but we ended up cancelling our WCC breakfast ADR because I was too tired to trek over there and my mom and I are not as fussy but I do like good food (obviously!) and my mom is REALLY not fussy! So I think for this circumstance it is the better way to go for us but some reviews are awfully mixed.

I think I went there once about 15+ years ago (no joke, I think when VWL first opened) and have never made much effort to go back, but we are staying at Copper Creek in a 2 bedroom, having dinner and then doing a HEA fireworks cruise departing from the WL. It is their travel day so I think dinner at the resort and the fireworks cruise will be as much activity as my parents can handle. Have still been feeling somewhat wishy washy about the decision but your review really helps. I am not letting my kid see the chips and queso photo though, older photos of it show the chili mixed into the queso and that would be no bueno for him... if he sees a bowl of plain creamy cheese he's gonna want but I want him to enjoy the skillet too! I'm going to run him ragged in the MK before dinner ;) He may end up being the only one at the table with the skillet, wonder if they make it smaller if it's a kid ordering it or if they just have one "single serving" size they bring out!

Ricky and Steve both got the All You Care to Eat Skillet: Slow-smoked Pork Ribs, Barbecued Pulled Pork, Roasted Glazed Chicken, and Western-style Sausage served with Mashed Yukon Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, an Cowboy-style Baked Beans

img_6606-jpg.268624
Did they each get their own or did they split one?

I ordered the Applewood-smoked Turkey Sandwich: on Toasted Multigrain Bread with Arugula, Tomato, and Cranberry Mayonnaise with your choice of French Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, or Cucumber Salad

img_6600-jpg.268622
I love cranberry and turkey together so this is right up my alley

I think "bottomless milkshake" might be the best combo of words ever. Sounds like lots of "hits" at this meal... which hopefully made up for the "miss" that was your server :sad2: Seems like at a restaurant like that, a prerequisite for a server would be having a bit more... personality? :laughing: Your sandwich looked delish!

Your meal at WCC looks great, although reading reviews of food right now when I've been living off chips and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I think all food will look amazing to me lol. I love the stack of all the ketchup bottles that is hilarious! I might have to check this place out since I'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge in December.

We rescheduled because of Irma, lost our YC CL but now have GF CL. It was the only room on the entire property in Sept with the military rate
Ugh :headache: very stressful and disappointing I'm sure but very happy you found something with the military rate, and GF ain't nothin' to sneeze at! Are you there now?

Geez they must stock a lot of ketchup at that place! The food looked really good though! I love cucumber salad too!
LOL they do put extra out!

:scared1: this better not be true. Andy Griffith is a STAPLE of AMERICANA! Plus you know I'm a little old lady and really love him (Andy that is) for Matlock...:lovestruc
I should have known Melinda that of all people YOU would know who Barney Fife was :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

See, I think I would like that better. "Hi, I'm checking in for my reservation. Is Barney's section available?" :rotfl2:
Honestly he was fine for us, gave us enough to joke about but we weren't the center of attention like some other tables. It also wasn't crazy busy and I think it's more fun when it is. Although my boys do well with servers who have a sense of humor, we were all so hungry someone may have bitten our server if we had an overly zealous one!

I was totally prepared to razz you for getting the healthiest option on the menu but then you reminded me of your nacho foray, so I will give you a pass. It does look refreshing! I think the St. Louis ribs look great too though!
Um, I don't even think I get one healthy option per trip! But yes, since I'd had the chips I felt like I should take the cuke salad, and I do like Disney cuke salad :D Since the dressing is a bit sweet I'm sure it's not the healthiest, so rest easy knowing that :laughing:

So sorry your drink wasn't all you dreamt of. Wonder if they could do anything to make it less sweet. Ick!
I suppose I could have asked them to dump a bunch more alcohol in it.........:drinking1

Crack me up. Barney Fife.
:P

I've had dinner at WCC twice, but its been awhile. After seeing your review, I'd like to try it again...
Our dinner was years ago and the boys were so young they got kids meals, so like chicken nuggets - nothing memorable. Steve couldn't really remember the food either so I'm really glad we tried it again! I'll definitely do breakfast and either lunch or dinner on our next WL stay.

The chips look good. Too bad the salsa wasn't better. I love a good salsa. :)
Chris loves salsa also and since he wasn't a big fan of this, I knew it wasn't a great one. Not a BAD one, but we've had better. The queso and chili more than made up for it though!

I'm glad you said that b/c I was like, What the heck is in this drink anyway?? Since it ended up being too sweet, maybe it WAS a lifesaver!!
LOL maybe it was! Maybe a watermelon flavored one with extra sugar in it!

an oxymoron, and yet I can totally picture it! (if you're a fan of Don Knotts, I suggest the movie The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, because it is perfect for the Halloween season in a very fun way!)
I've heard of that movie but don't believe I've ever seen it. Now I'm going to have to watch it :goodvibes

Whispering Canyon played a big role in my first ever trip in 2001. We were at WL for two full weeks, and we ate there several times because it was easy to get a walk up then. We ended up with the same couple of servers most of the time and they all knew our names by the time we left and we took pictures with them like they were old friends. I love seeing all of the fun things they still do...and even though your server was on the quiet side, I'm glad he kicked it up a notch with the ketchup call!!
Aw, I enjoy stories like this about Disney memories :hug: He was a fine server, very friendly. And surprised us when he did the ketchup call! We did wonder why they placed him at WCC though.......

- and yes, we watch Andy Griffith all the time in this house! Lol.
That's two Georgia gals watching Andy Griffith, you and @pepperandchips ! Glad to know he's still the rage in the south :cool1:

They had "horse" races across the restaurant and made the men sing I'm a Little Teapot! It was hilarious!
I remember the horse races from when we did dinner there years ago! Maybe they only do that at dinner; the Little Teapot singing does sound fun!

Love the review. I'm so glad WCC is good because it's so very convenient to eat there when staying at WL!
I know, SO convenient. I still want to try Artist Point but the kids wouldn't have liked it and while I love Territory Lounge, it's nice to have a TS there that serves all 3 meals. The best part is you can often get a reservation day of :)

I had to come back over here looking for recent WCC food pics since we are planning to go on our next trip (February). Life has been nuts and I was so disheartened after the photobucket thing and all of the work I put into my report with photos I haven't had the heart to spend much time here.
Ugh, that photobucket thing SUCKED, I feel your pain. I haven't gone back to my old reports to fix the pictures and honestly, I don't think I ever will. I'm just too busy with work, PTA, and trying to keep up with these reports lol, but it was very frustrating and took me a few weeks to figure out how to upload pictures again. I'm very glad you came back though and I do hope after your Feb. trip you do another dining report :)

But I am glad to see that you went and liked it, and especially good reviews on the skillet!
Steve and Ricky LOVED the skillet. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised by how much all 4 of us enjoyed every part of this meal (minus my too sweet drink). I wasn't sure how it would go, but eating at our resort just "fit" the plan that day. I knew we'd be hot and sweaty from our morning park so didn't want Geyser Point and I wasn't thrilled with the new menu at Roaring Fork so WCC seemed the best option, and luckily it turned out to be the case!

My dad loves ribs and steak, my kid loves bbq and I promised him the all you can drink milkshake last trip but we ended up cancelling our WCC breakfast ADR because I was too tired to trek over there and my mom and I are not as fussy but I do like good food (obviously!) and my mom is REALLY not fussy! So I think for this circumstance it is the better way to go for us but some reviews are awfully mixed.
It does sound like this will work well for you! I haven't read any reviews at all lately so I don't know what the negative ones say or what meal they're from, but I will recommend it going forward.

I think I went there once about 15+ years ago (no joke, I think when VWL first opened) and have never made much effort to go back, but we are staying at Copper Creek in a 2 bedroom, having dinner and then doing a HEA fireworks cruise departing from the WL.
Well, WL is my favorite resort so I think Copper Creek is great. Also we heard about the fireworks cruises from WL when we were there in August and we did the Pirates and Pals; seeing the fireworks from the lagoon is really magical pixiedust:

Have still been feeling somewhat wishy washy about the decision but your review really helps.
Good, I'm glad I made you feel more confident about it!

I am not letting my kid see the chips and queso photo though, older photos of it show the chili mixed into the queso and that would be no bueno for him... if he sees a bowl of plain creamy cheese he's gonna want
lol, I preferred the queso and chili separate; so you've seen pictures of them serving it mixed? Or have people just mixed it once they get it? Weird to serve it mixed I think :scratchin

He may end up being the only one at the table with the skillet, wonder if they make it smaller if it's a kid ordering it or if they just have one "single serving" size they bring out!
I believe they have a skillet on the kids menu but I could totally be wrong about that!

Did they each get their own or did they split one?
Each got their own :thumbsup2 Nobody in my family shares food lol!

Sounds like lots of "hits" at this meal...
Totally! Everything was a hit except my sugar-filled drink; completely unexpected and we loved it!

Seems like at a restaurant like that, a prerequisite for a server would be having a bit more... personality?
Yup exactly what I thought. Like, don't they have them audition for the restaurants that CM's need to "perform" in? I mean, he was very nice and competent and he did manage to yell pretty damn loud for ketchup lol, but he wasn't your typical WCC server.

Your meal at WCC looks great, although reading reviews of food right now when I've been living off chips and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I think all food will look amazing to me lol.
Aw :( I'm so glad you have power back and are OK! I hope you've had some good food now lol

I might have to check this place out since I'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge in December.
Ah, my WL :love: You should check it out, as well as Geyser Point and Territory Lounge, both are fantastic!

I'm here! I've gotten as far as introductions—nice to meet you!—and I'll be back soon for the rest! :hyper:
LOL nice to meet you too, missy! Oh wait, it's Mrs. Missy now :bride: Glad you're (finally) here :goodvibes

Like, don't they have them audition for the restaurants that CM's need to "perform" in? I mean, he was very nice and competent and he did manage to yell pretty damn loud for ketchup lol, but he wasn't your typical WCC server.
Exactly!!! One would think anyway! I think I probably would have fallen over in surprise if I'd heard him yell so loudly for the ketchup after an otherwise pretty mediocre performance :rotfl2:

The lunch menu looked better to me than dinner and since I didn't want to check in late it worked perfect today.
I thought the same thing. I was debating making a reservation for one of our rest mornings. But I figured I could still change that up on the fly.

I ordered the Moonshine Lemonade with Watermelon:

img_6596-jpg.268594
Sad to here it was so sweet. It looks good!

Looks like a Lifesaver in my drink lol but it's an ice cube.
Ha. I totally thought the same thing.

Gold Rush Western Chips with Chili, Queso Dip and Fresh Salsa:

img_6599-jpg.268621

Yup, nice and simple but sooo delicious!
Looks relish!

Steve flagged down Mr. Fife and instead I got this:
Ha! Mr. Fife... :rotfl2:

Once we had it all I had to move it out of the way of everyone's food; another server saw me trying to make room, came over and told me I needed to make a castle out of it:

img_6605-jpg.268626
Love it! It is fun just watching the other families. We are usually the family observing not participating...

now I am reading the rest of your reviews, lol, and holy cow do I feel GYPPED by our visit to Narcoossees. it should have been SO GOOD. I'm still sick over my experience there!

Ugh, that photobucket thing SUCKED, I feel your pain. I haven't gone back to my old reports to fix the pictures and honestly, I don't think I ever will. I'm just too busy with work, PTA, and trying to keep up with these reports lol, but it was very frustrating and took me a few weeks to figure out how to upload pictures again. I'm very glad you came back though and I do hope after your Feb. trip you do another dining report :)
Steve and Ricky LOVED the skillet. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised by how much all 4 of us enjoyed every part of this meal (minus my too sweet drink). I wasn't sure how it would go, but eating at our resort just "fit" the plan that day. I knew we'd be hot and sweaty from our morning park so didn't want Geyser Point and I wasn't thrilled with the new menu at Roaring Fork so WCC seemed the best option, and luckily it turned out to be the case!

Definitely planning to do another report! Although we are only spending 2 full and 2 partial days in the parks... we're arriving Thursday at noon and doing CA Grill (and probably something as yet unplanned at DS for lunch), then Friday PPO Garden Grill breakfast and Via Napoli for dinner (I have never done Via Napoli so this is new for me).

Saturday is a full day in the MK... I have an 8am PPO BoG booked but I expect the park to open at 8am that day and will cancel it, it's just a hedge (it is princess marathon Saturday which is also at the tail end of president's week). If we go we are definitely doing the "cupcake for breakfast" route because I have an 11am LTT, a 4:30 BoG dinner (i have NEVER been to BoG either, so hoping that I actually get to cancel the breakfast because I'd rather my first experience be dinner, but not giving up the jump on the MK if they open at 9 with only 1.5 days there!) and a HEA dessert party (plaza viewing) booked. We are planning to be there from RD to close and last year that was 8am to 11pm so I think the breaks will be appreciated! I booked the first seating at LTT thinking that would eliminate wait for a table so it should not take that much longer than CS right at opening. Earlier BoG dinner so we have room for desserts later... right now it is scheduled for 6:45 but I expect fireworks to be moved an hour later like last year. I think it is going to be PACKED that night so I decided to splurge for the viewing because as you know I am not much of a dessert person :)

Then the next day my parents are arriving in the afternoon, we are doing CP breakfast at 8am not for PPO benefits but to move it out of the regular park day (I can't have a trip without Tigger. I just can't!) and staying at the MK until about 3:30 or so, then moving from our studio at the Poly to a 2 bedroom at Copper Creek. That is when we have our 5pm WCC dinner with fireworks cruise after (I think we need to meet around 7pm for the 8pm fireworks that night because it's sunday after the crazy week I don't think it will change.)

Then the next morning (monday) I have WCC for breakfast again (it is just the easiest thing with my parents, my dad doesn't travel that well lol) and we are heading out to the port for a 4 night Disney Dream cruise. Do people review cruise food here? Then we are getting off the ship the following Friday, my parents are heading home and we are heading back to Epcot. I have a Le Cellier dinner reserved but it is also the first day of Flower and Garden. The kiddo is not so much into "grazing around the world" so we'll see how that goes and he let me know that he "prefers TS greatly" lol (he talks like a 40 year old sometimes). So Le Cellier is an old favorite of mine but have not been there in years, and some people I know personally said it is still good in spite of mixed reviews so we'll give it a whirl.

Our departure morning we have 'Ohana for breakfast per the kid's request. I hope they will still bring bacon by request but the kid declared he "could live with ham if I HAD to, but I just want to see stitch!" He likes the idea of getting to see stitch first and then enjoying breakfast with the rest of the characters so there we are. Somehow cramming a lot of dining into not much time! can you tell that it was recently my 6 month window? lol

Well, WL is my favorite resort so I think Copper Creek is great. Also we heard about the fireworks cruises from WL when we were there in August and we did the Pirates and Pals; seeing the fireworks from the lagoon is really magical pixiedust:

I had it all planned out... I was going to actually book at beach club, do yachtsman (imo the least "challenging" menu of all of the signatures for plain/picky eaters) and then do the illuminations cruise. Illuminations is my favorite nighttime show of all time but the more I thought about it, the more I felt like if you want to WOW your parents with ONE night at WDW, the MK area is the place to be. I actually could have also booked the villas at the grand floridian but I must be the only person in the world who is meh on the GF, lol. Then we might have ended up at narcoossees again but it feels like too much of a crap shoot to me. Right at the 7 month window I made the impulsive decision to switch from BCV to copper creek because I felt like it was more impressive and the MK fireworks cruise would just be more DISNEY. How can you not walk into WL and just be out of this world impressed? My parents have only ever stayed at a timeshare off site. But that is how we came to WL. I hope that card flipping thing works as my dad would not really be into the antics (not sure if the kid would be either). Hoping to request a quieter area too, and as we are going to be there right at restaurant open it should not be a problem.

lol, I preferred the queso and chili separate; so you've seen pictures of them serving it mixed? Or have people just mixed it once they get it? Weird to serve it mixed I think :scratchin

yup, a year ago it was a "chili-queso" dip (found the menu and pics to prove it!). Now it is with "chili, queso dip and fresh salsa."

Whispering-Canyon-Cafe-16_-005-Gold-Rush-Western-Chips-700x490.jpg

definitely looks like a mix there and my child would not want that. But pure creamy cheese he is going to want and with the grandparents around he might just get it because they NEVER say no!

I believe they have a skillet on the kids menu but I could totally be wrong about that!
They do, it's $14! But I think most kids eat off of the family-size skillet. Just kind of wondering out loud if NO ONE but a kid gets it what they actually bring out for the $14 vs. the $32 adult price.

Glad to see @Lisa F back around. We were missing you!

aw, I missed you guys too! Boy do I have a lot of catching up to do! I mean I almost missed the change in chip dips at WCC, what else have I missed in my absence?!

Last edited:
:crazy2: ATTENTION: DO NOT EAT AT THE BOARDWALK PIZZA WINDOW :sick:

Oh no!! :(

img_6469-jpg.264655

He got this on our last visit and they always give you the cup with extra.

Yum!! This is how they serve them at the diner I sing at, too. The best milkshakes are ones that are too big to fit in a single glass!

And know the reason we came; my meal, the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich! A Deep-fried Green Tomato served with Bacon, Arugula, Tomato, and Pepper Jack Cheese topped with Alabama White BBQ Sauce on a toasted Kaiser Roll, with choice of Seasonal Vegetables, Homemade Chips, or French Fries (I asked them to hold the arugula):

img_6471-jpg.264974

img_6474-jpg.264987

I was a tad nervous this wouldn't live up to the hype; I'd read a few really good reviews of the sandwich- @Jenny Sanders and @FSU Girl, and I think someone else, too-but it totally did. This was lunch

Oh yay!! I was anxious to see how this held up to your expectations! Looks tasty!

We spent more time in MK using up our FP's before going back to Yacht Club to try this whole "afternoon break" thing. It worked pretty well, and Chris, Steve and I enjoyed Stormalong Bay while Ricky worked his biceps in the gym and then chilled poolside.

Awesome completion of the afternoon break! This is our preferred touring style all the time, but even if it's not yours most of the time it must have felt nice to take a break in such heat!

Before I booked our dining I'd asked the boys where they wanted to eat and I got two faces that looked like this :confused:. Then, about 5 days before we left they both showed an interest in our dining plans and Chris began requesting certain restaurants. Yup, that's how life with Chris rolls folks!

Oh my gosh that would be how it worked!! Nathan did the same thing to me for this coming January. Jeesh!

you simply cannot eat at Narcoossee's without getting dessert!

Your desserts looked amazing!!

In tech fail news, some of you may have noticed that I finally posted a picture on my Instagram account! One picture. Because I don't know what else to post. It's linked to my business FB page but......I still don't know what to do with that. Eventually I'll learn but if you got excited that I was active on there, you may as well get unexcited again

Yay!! I also never know what to post on Instagram. So far it's really only been mostly Disney and cat photos for me! haha

A little WL spa water of the day for @Raeven whom I know enjoys it!

img_6590-jpg.267853

Bahaha yes! I remember @Raeven's appreciation of spa water!

another server saw me trying to make room, came over and told me I needed to make a castle out of it:

img_6605-jpg.268626

Pretty nice castle, I have to say.

:laughing: Steve works for Starbucks so drinks it every day; the boys have their favorite Frappe's (cream based, not coffee based!). I however am a cappuccino drinker and I'm not a fan of theirs, so I stick with their teas!

I remember you mentioning that he works for Starbucks before, I do too. My DM just got Disney Springs, what a dream!

img_6596-jpg.268594

Looks like a Lifesaver in my drink lol but it's an ice cube. Steve liked his beer but my drink was WAY too sweet, and you all know I like sweet drinks. You can also get different flavors instead of watermelon like blueberry or strawberry. This was like a glass of sugar with some watermelon juice squeezed in. I told Steve I'd forge ahead and kept it for the time being.
Yikes. Glad you sent it back. Hopefully they didn't charge you for it. Nothing worse than a disgustingly sweet drink. What a waste of alcohol.

ur server, as described in my TR, was like a shy, whispering Barney Fife. I realize as I type that, that many of you may not know who Barney Fife is..... google him :surfweb:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Oh the days before cable when Andy Griffith reruns were one of the only options. Though I was much more of a Floyd girl. Love me a barber :-)

img_6599-jpg.268621

Yup, nice and simple but sooo delicious! I love nachos and these were like pseudo-nachos. The salsa was ok but both the queso dip and chili were out of this world! And I'm not even a big chili fan. Chris and Steve helped with this but I did most of the damage, and when all was said and done the chili and queso were gone. The salsa and queso have a slight kick to them but nothing overpowering; the salsa had a bit more of a kick but that's not why it wasn't our favorite, it just wasn't anything special. The chips were chips but they were crispy!
Um yum!!!

img_6606-jpg.268624

Ricky loved the chicken; couldn't get enough and asked for seconds which he finished. He also enjoyed the ribs and mashed potatoes, really liked the pulled pork (this was his first time trying it) but wasn't a fan of the sausage, but he normally doesn't eat sausage anyway. He didn't try the beans because that's something else he doesn't eat but Steve said they were ok, definitely not the best part. Steve enjoyed all of it!
Speaking of yum, this looks great. Wonder if they changed the beans though. We ate lunch here once and I remember the beans being just about the best I'd ever had. But opposite of Ricky I don't think I've ever met a baked bean I didn't like.

img_6605-jpg.268626

Not as pretty as Cinderella's but a cute gesture nonetheless!
Too funny. At least you got some antics.

Glad WCC worked out so well for you all. I was thinking about maybe going over the lodge one day on our trip and doing either WCC or Geyser Point. Which would you pick? We haven't been to the lodge since Apr '16 and its long overdue

Catching up! First of all... did Ricky grow like a foot and a half? Holy tall! They are so darn cute.

It's a little harder to take them since Ricky began high school, and Chris prefers not to leave his room. For anything. Well anything except meals, so for those of you that also follow my TR's his attitude will be a tad less over here!

JUST A TAD LESS.

:rotfl: Isn't that a teenage boy thing!? Swear my brothers were the same way.

And know the reason we came; my meal, the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich! A Deep-fried Green Tomato served with Bacon, Arugula, Tomato, and Pepper Jack Cheese topped with Alabama White BBQ Sauce on a toasted Kaiser Roll, with choice of Seasonal Vegetables, Homemade Chips, or French Fries (I asked them to hold the arugula):

img_6471-jpg.264974

That looks SO good. I mean even the bun looks so good.

img_6505-jpg.266058

Do you see that half moon-ish shaped thing on top of the pasta? Yeah, it's a shrimp! In fact there were like, 15 shrimp in this dish! They were caught in the wild, too: Wild Caught Shrimp and Garganelli Pasta: Spinach, Oven-roasted tomatoes, Basil Pistou, Cheese, and Chardonnay-Garlic Cream. I had seen this in I believe Kari's @kastoney's dining report once and it looked and sounded SO good, except for the shrimp. Then I realized I didn't HAVE to eat the shrimp...............so that's what I did! I passed that off to Steve and Chris - man, Steve made out good tonight - and I enjoyed the pasta, spinach, tomatoes, and the creamy, creamy cream sauce :cloud9: There was a faint taste of shrimp but I didn't mind it at all; it isn't so much the taste I mind it's the texture. This dish was so good and different from most dishes I get when in Disney, so I was extremely happy I tried it. Also the sauce wasn't heavy so while this and the cheese certainly filled me up, I wasn't disgustingly full. Which was great, because you simply cannot eat at Narcoossee's without getting dessert!

YAY! I never even thought of this without the shrimp, because I am shrimp obsessed, but it is so good on its own that I don't even think it needs the shrimp- I'm glad you liked it!

Ah, my beloved. Sounds like the perfect Narcoossee's meal. My mom and I are heading down in Nov. and I have Cali Grill and Narcoossee's booked. I think she'd really like CG but I selfishly think she'd also really like Narcoossee's for the shrimp pasta and the cheesecake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter