You want to know what's crazy? I have the "add-on" hungries!

Mickey Fliers

DIS Veteran
We haven't even been "home" once. Heck, we haven't actually closed on the 300 points we just purchased, and I am already thinking about calling my guide about getting another add-on. This is nuts!!!!

I would love another 100 pts at BCV or VWL, but I can't justify the expense when we just plopped down all the money on the 300 SSR pts. We also don't even know how our point spending habits are going to be, so I think it would be foolish to add more. However, I can't help wanting them :teeth: .

So, do I call my guide and get put on a waitlist for BCV or VWL now. Or, do I wait a year or so to see how we use our points to see if I actually need more.

How do I deal with the "add-on" hungries??

:thumbsup2

I feel your pain......we have gone last Easter and this Easter and are planning an addon. We have 277 at SSR and will add 25/50 more this month. I wonder if the addon fever goes away after awhile.

RCM

:rotfl: actually, I understand exactly how you feel!! we bought 200 SSR points in February and for 6 weeks I agonized and tortured ( not really) my guide who was great throughout the whole process......do I buy,don't I buy? where to buy? aaahhhhhh

...my outcome? I finally settled down and decided to hold back on adding at this point....I'll be "home" for the first time in less than a week so let's see if I hold steadfast! :rotfl2: but seriously, I want to see what the next DVC might be and I can always add-on... like you, the additional expense at this time doesn't seem warranted.....

good luck! :thumbsup2 Michelle

if you haven't actually closed - I would say change that 300 points to either two 150 contract - or 200 and 100 contract.

if something awful happens it is much easier to get rid of 150 points than your 300 points.

only DVC can change a contract.

spiceycat said:
if you haven't actually closed - I would say change that 300 points to either two 150 contract - or 200 and 100 contract.

if something awful happens it is much easier to get rid of 150 points than your 300 points.

only DVC can change a contract.

Actually, my 300 pts. are split into three contracts: 150, 100, and 50. :thumbsup2 My guide suggested the split when I bought the initial 250. Then I added another 50 pt. contract.

I just sent all of the contracts back on Wednesday.

I hadn't thought about the prospect of another DVC property. I think I will definately hold out on that add-on. Getting pts at a possible CRV would be great :cheer2:

Since the waitlist is so long at the BCV I would consider calling to be placed on the waitlist. From my understanding is that when you are called you can back out. I also think that they do not charge the deposit until they find the points. I have talked to someone who has been on the waitlist for over a year so the wait can be long. So you might consider starting the process now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter