"You want to go where" for our 40th and take who...The Big 3 and the Littles..take on Disney

sheri18

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Thank you all for all the reports I have been pouring over. Now it's my turn...yeah

Let me introduce my cast of characters....there is Me (who loves all things Disney) DH (not so much..in fact not at all..sigh..) DS1 and DIL1 with GD1, GD2, GS2, GD4.....DS2 and DIL2 with GS1, and fingers crossed DS3 and DIL3 with GD3..

Our Grandkids are 9,8,6....3, 2 and 8 months...Hence the "Big 3 and the Littles"IMG_2707.jpg
This was us over 35 years ago..

This year will be our 40th wedding anniversary...when I told DH that is what I wanted to do to celebrate he almost fell off his chair....to be exact...You want to do WHAT...

When my 3 DS were younger we used to go to Disney every other year...the last time we went as a family my DH was skipping through Epoct singing how he didn't have to return until grandkids..

Little did he know at the time that DS1 would get married at Disney...

IMG_1566.JPG
This is the Big 3 and the Littles..

So as I was saying...we have taken many trips over the years...my DS1 loves, loves, loves Disney...in fact got married there and now owns DVC there...and all kids love Disney...so here we go.

DS1 and family were planning a trip for January 2019, asked if we wanted to go DH promptly said "no way" that I should go with them...so that was sort of the plan...then the grandma or in my case "VoVo" guilt set in...how do I go with 4 out of 6..and leave DH home (which he would love btw)...so I came up with the idea of us celebrating our upcoming 40th with the family .

DH1 and family will be staying at the Beach Club...sadly this was way to costly for us...I was back and forth with Swan and Dolphin, then CB but now just changed and booked 2- 2 bedrooms and Wyndham Bonnet Creek...a little disappointed...but if I want everyone to go...this is the way it has to be....
So the countdown and planning has begun...the Big 3 and the Littles don't know we are going...this is going to be a Christmas surprise...now to think...how to tell them...when DS1 went 2 years ago...he bought his 3 (at the time) now 4 each a character carry on suitcase and put a balloon in them which said "were going to Disney World..not to come up with a new idea.....any thoughts out there????

Now we are at the 180 day mark we have already made 2 reservations...BOG for breakfast and Ohana for dinner...

any thoughts for a character breakfast or dinner ....that all the kids will enjoy...the girls of course love the princess..the boys...not so much

Well besides the planning the buying has begun....Kohls had a sale on Disney Tee shirts ..stacked with a 30% off I got a few for each of my grandaughters... hopefully they will get to wear them in January...
I also have been buying Disney gift cards at Target each week to help with the cost...

My parents had their 25th wedding anniversary at Disney -- took my brother (then 16) and myself (then 20) with them. We stayed at the Grand Floridian and it was an amazing trip. We even ate at Victoria & Albert's. I'll never forgot it -- and that was in 1990.

My mom has since passed away (3 years ago) and she loved Disney World. So my husband and I are taking a 10th anniversary trip there this Summer.

Hope you have a WONDERFUL trip and a very happy 40th anniversary!

Thank you. Such wonderful memories. And so sweet of you to honor your mom. She will be with you in Disney spirit

This whole trying to plan ADR this far out is crazy...and hours at the park have not been released yet for our whole week...
Where does one begin. Getting overwhelmed. And might I say consumed with all this planning.
DS1 and I have been going over park times. Where do go and when. Jeez...what happend to the good ole days...you just showed up at the parks. And prayed you got to do everything you want...now it's plans, strategies ect.....
What to do...what to do...
Any must have dining... We are thinking 3 character reservation...breakfast, lunch and a dinner...

Well its definite now...no turning back or changing my mind over and over again.....have booked and paid for Wyndham Bonnett Creek...2- 2 bedroom units and cancelled my reservation at the Swan...my fingers are crossed that my whole Ebay/skyauction is real and that we have a place to stay come January.

Attachments

• 0E74B140-0EDD-4D88-9EBF-C1D871BDDA7F.jpeg
    0E74B140-0EDD-4D88-9EBF-C1D871BDDA7F.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 949D7C69-C6EB-498C-B4F9-3799FCC2FD73.jpeg
    949D7C69-C6EB-498C-B4F9-3799FCC2FD73.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 5
  • EBCA5571-4C81-4229-ABAD-3E078CAEEF75.jpeg
    EBCA5571-4C81-4229-ABAD-3E078CAEEF75.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 5
I have been checking air fares. Still expensive for January ..DS2 says to wait ..but I get so nervous..but guess wait we will...hopefully the price will come down with 11 flying.

8AFB30C9-E5D9-4780-84FD-8DD95E300D6F.jpeg Made a few more ADR.
DS1 is also planning so not sure which ones we will due.
I really want to do this one
But to have to prepay in full 6 months out is hard. So I will hope to do so at a later date.

image.jpg Trying to get as much prepaid for this trip as I can...
We used DH AMEX points for the 2 rooms. So paid off..yeah
Once I book air will use my JetBlue points for me and DH...
So in the mean time I have been buying Disney gift cards each week or so to use towards tickets or food...hopefully have enough by then

This planning seems to get harder and harder. Try g to figure out what day and time 11 people want to do or eat is difficult...and DS1 is also planning ....ugh. We need to get on same page... Still looking for matching shirts.and jus t got another delivery from Kohls with Disney shirts for the kids.will post pics later.

Hi Sheri, I'm here! :wave:

I don't blame you for being overwhelmed-- planning a trip for 11 people is hard!

Let us know what you still need help with! You're doing great so far!

Hi Sheri, I'm here! :wave:

I don't blame you for being overwhelmed-- planning a trip for 11 people is hard!

Let us know what you still need help with! You're doing great so far!

Thanks. Ha..all of it...with ages runnin from 1 year to 64 it's hard to please everyone...I think I am trying to plan to many sit down meals. Need to start thinking of a few that might be easier with the Littles..

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Been shopping on line at Kohls. For the Big 3 and the Littles....used 30% off coupon and Kohls cash.
Well got the delivery yesterday...I might have just gotten a little carried away.

View attachment 340574 Trying to get as much prepaid for this trip as I can...
We used DH AMEX points for the 2 rooms. So paid off..yeah
Once I book air will use my JetBlue points for me and DH...
So in the mean time I have been buying Disney gift cards each week or so to use towards tickets or food...hopefully have enough by then

OH! This is such a GREAT idea!!!
I am going to start doing this now too.

If you have a Target store near you or also online you can buy the gift cards using a Target Charge card and save 5%. every little bit helps. So every 100 you get for 95.00, 50.00 for 47.50, 25.00 for 23.75.

I also have been giving them for the birthdays to my son and daughter in law...and for the upcoming birthdays of 5 out of the 6 grandkids...everyone gets Disney gift cards.

I feel like Oprah....and YOU get a Disney Gift card....And YOU get a Disney gift card...ect...

Hi Sheri! I hopped over from my PTR so you know I'm already feeling the overwhelm, too - and I'm only planning for 6 (plus one meal for 10)! What characters are the kids into? My daughter LOVES princesses and my son isn't crazy about any character in particular so we are leaning heavily on the princess side for our character meals. Did I read you already have an Ohana dinner planned? I've heard great things about Ohana's character breakfast so I think that's where we are going with our big group of 10.

Hi thanks for joining in..
The girls of course love everything princess...the 2 boys ..not at all
There ages are at the time we go. GD1-10, GD2-7, GD4-1, GS1-9, GS2-4...if my DS3 comes (they haven't decided to yet) would have GD3-2,

It's hard trying to plan for all of them, we do have Ohana booked but we are on the fence for that one.
Also have Chef Mickeys, BOG, RIX Sports bar, Trattoria al Forno, Garden Grill, and the wave
We have done Ohana for breakfast before, and really liked it.

I am hoping to get more pointers from other TR,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!