You Serious Clark? A Family Christmas Vacation Trip Nov/ Dec 2017

We both agreed to try the Fantasmic Dessert Party and Vip seating out! :goodvibes

I am pretty picky but most everything looked like something I would eat. Plus the price was only $39, which in Disney standards isn't to bad. At least it is worth a try. We have a few FP+ scheduled but we are going to try not to overdo it too much this night!

We thought about doing this too! Let me know if you think it was worth the price. We are waiting for reviews until we purchase it.

I mean so glad y'all are doing the dessert party! I agree it's a great price, for Disney. And congrats on the travel math working in your favor!

Plans are shaping up nicely! Can't wait to see how you wanna spend you party night!

I didn't realize you were going again in the fall! Are you doing a PTR? I use mobile a lot so I don't see signatures or links. I tend to miss a lot and usually accidentally stumble upon TR and PTRs.

I'm not doing a PTR but I might throw some of my plans into my TR! I'll be going late in October :)

We thought about doing this too! Let me know if you think it was worth the price. We are waiting for reviews until we purchase it.
Will do!:goodvibes

I'm not doing a PTR but I might throw some of my plans into my TR! I'll be going late in October :)
Ahhh gotcha!! :thumbsup2

Just started following along we will be there the same time as you!! 24th - 5th !!
Awesome! I am heading over to your PTR now! And....by glancing at your TR link we were there at the same time last year! :cool1:

You drew me in with the title, national lampoon's Christmas vacation is my favorite holiday movie. We love being at Disney during the holiday season its so beautiful. WL is also on our list of resorts to stay for our next trip. We stayed in a RR in 2013 and really enjoyed it I'm sure your group will too :thumbsup2

You drew me in with the title, national lampoon's Christmas vacation is my favorite holiday movie. We love being at Disney during the holiday season its so beautiful. WL is also on our list of resorts to stay for our next trip. We stayed in a RR in 2013 and really enjoyed it I'm sure your group will too :thumbsup2
Thanks for following along! I am hoping we will like it! I know the girls will be over the moon! And definitely add WL to your list! It is gorgeous!

This is a Full Blown Holiday Emergency!
w42ibIV.jpg

As many of you are aware by now Hurricane Irma is a possibility to hit Florida.
Ns4Ez9k.jpg

Yes I am aware it is still way too early to tell if and when it will impact my trip. It is just something I am keeping my eye on for the next few days seeing we fly out one week from today. As of now we are still planning on going but may decide on adding a day or so at the end of the trip if we get delayed too much at the beginning. And if some reason our flights get cancelled this will be us....
ym2JCg0.jpg

Time off is hard to come by when you don't plan in advance at the hospital. So it's Disney or Bust! Go away Irma!
And I will be coming prepared for torrential rain.
uGVcva7.jpg

AND
TpJFjrA.jpg

Much to @ariane37 's dismay, I will probably be sporting a fanny pack if there are monsoon like conditions. I have reached that point in my life I really just don't care how it looks I am going for practical. I am thinking tons of rain+poncho+soaked tennis shoes+soaked vera bag = grumpy Whitney. Sooooo we will see how the fanny pack works out and hey who knows it may become part of my Disney essentials. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Anyways, I will finish up where I left off last time.

The MNSSHP!
We know we will be eating a QS for dinner this night. Just not sure where. I have been looking at the QS at The Contemporary, Poly, and Grand Floridian for something different. I am sure we might be tired of MK food by this point so we opt to catch the monorail to one of those first. Something that did catch my eye was the Italian Beef Sandwich at the Contempo Cafe. And another plus is our AP discount works at all of the QS at these locations! Score! Hopefully we will make it to the parks around 3:30 or so. One of our priorities is to meet Moana.
jrYTKAa.jpg

We have missed her our last two trips. She didn't start her meet in DHS until 3 or 4 days after we left in November and they pulled her from DHS a couple of weeks before our April trip. :sad2:
Other than her we don't really have any priorities other than Halloween Party Exclusive stuff. I have seen online some of the cool Photopass shots I hope we can find!
Z9XueAZ.png

DEsWYpU.png

pu1Cp8v.png

Ohh I forgot an important detail! Outfit! :rotfl:
I had found this cute shirt on a resale board and planned on wearing it.
0xkTikA.jpg

Chelsy wanted me to make her one but then I found the actual site that makes the shirts soon I just ordered me the purple one and she is going to wear the orange one. :goodvibes
I got the ears from the Shop Parks App and the jacket was from last year but I found it on Postmark for super cheap! It looks like it was worn maybe once. Score! Too bad it will be so hot I can't wear it for the party but it will serve as my just in case light jacket for the week.
Hopefully our Party night will be awesome and not rain. When we did the party in 2015 it rained just enough that the Headless Horseman didn't ride. I am hoping we can see him this year!

Monday 9/18 Park Hopping ALLLLLLLLLL Day!!!
We have plans to hit up AK EMH this morning... We will see after spending such a late night out at the party. Since this will probably be our last day we will have some incentive! at some point we will hop to either Epcot and DHS and finishing up our night at MK. It just doesn't seem right not to end the trip at MK so that we will. I am sure there will be a break in there somewhere and lots of food. We just don't have anything planned out since we don't know where we will be when. :confused3

Tuesday 9/19 HOME :sad::sad::sad:
We have a 7:35 AM flight!!!! I am crazy for even agreeing to this but it was part of SW sale and I have been on the lookout for a later flight ever since. Fingers crossed we will snag one!

In other news.....The actual main point to the PTR!!!
I was able to finally apply a Passholder discount to our Royal Room so we saved $8 :banana: Which is money that can go elsewhere!
I ordered Carol and Finley's tickets so I would be ready to make FP+ reservations the week after I return from our trip. I had to request off for a class at work anyways so I just requested off the extra day so I wouldn't have to worry about trying to make FP+ if we are busy at work. Thats part of the reason I love working 3 days a week because I can be flexible with my days. :cool1: I think everything for this trip is finally coming together. The girls are getting excited as are the adults! Soon we will be at the 60 mark and then it will fly by!!!:jumping1:

Oh gosh, I'd forgotten about your September trip! And then I went back to catch up on your report today and saw your post about Irma!! Hopefully it won't impact your travels this week! I looks like the cleanup will take some work, but that it could have been much worse and that things are on track to open back up tomorrow. Good luck, and I hope you have a great trip with no major Irma issues!!

The rest of your September plans sounds great! Really hope the rain doesn't ruin everything for you!

Oh gosh, I'd forgotten about your September trip! And then I went back to catch up on your report today and saw your post about Irma!! Hopefully it won't impact your travels this week! I looks like the cleanup will take some work, but that it could have been much worse and that things are on track to open back up tomorrow. Good luck, and I hope you have a great trip with no major Irma issues!!

I hope you're still able to fly out tomorrow!

Hope all is well and September is everything you hoped it'd be!!

Sitting by the pool before we fly home today. Unfortunately our flight down got cancelled and we rented a car to get here. Otherwise this trip has been awesome! Low crowds most of the week and decent but hot weather!

Looks like you're home safe. Can't wait for the TR, and I hope your post Disney depression is minimal, especially with the next trip coming up quick!

Looks like you're home safe. Can't wait for the TR, and I hope your post Disney depression is minimal, especially with the next trip coming up quick!
Girl I haven't had time to think about my post Disney Blues because I am squeezing another trip in next week! My husband finally agreed to go for a resorts only stay for our 5th anniversary/ my 30th birthday! :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:
Hopefully I can post an update before we leave and give all the details!

We enjoyed the Dessert Party for Fantasmic. Wasn't much of a party. The Desserts were already prepared in placed in a container each person got one, a drink of choice (alcohol or non) in a souvenir cup, bottle of water, and a light up Fantasmic necklace. For the price I think it was worth it not to wait in line or use a fastpass for the show. We enjoyed the desserts and drinks. I am pretty picky and I ate everything except the cheesecake. I will post a picture soon hopefully. I am via mobile tonight and can't figure it out.

the jacket was from last year but I found it on Postmark for super cheap!
I'm just seeing this :) Love the jacket! You told me about Postmark awhile ago and I meant to check it out, I really need to.

Girl I haven't had time to think about my post Disney Blues because I am squeezing another trip in next week! My husband finally agreed to go for a resorts only stay for our 5th anniversary/ my 30th birthday! :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:
Hopefully I can post an update before we leave and give all the details!
I'm really so happy for you!!!!!! And Nick, because I could tell from the picture I saw that he is absolutely jumping out of his shoes with excitement!!!
I know he's going to love AKL and will be joining you on lots more trips in the future :lovestruc Can't wait to hear how this trip goes and what he thinks!

I'm just seeing this :) Love the jacket! You told me about Postmark awhile ago and I meant to check it out, I really need to.
I find a lot of great Disney deals there!

I'm really so happy for you!!!!!! And Nick, because I could tell from the picture I saw that he is absolutely jumping out of his shoes with excitement!!!
I know he's going to love AKL and will be joining you on lots more trips in the future :lovestruc Can't wait to hear how this trip goes and what he thinks!
Bahaha he is thrilled! I really want to make it as smooth as possible for him. Operation dipping his toes in the water!

Awesome news about the trip anniversary/birthday trip!!
Thanks! I'm beyond excited to experience it with Nick. I'm still trying to figure out how to squeeze some park time in for my birthday without being rude lol! Have you started a TR? I've been on mobile lately and can't see links in signatures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter