You people are killing me!!!

Disney Ron

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
On 8/24/04 while on vacation at WDW we toured SSR and purchased 300 pts to become DVC members. Well we were staying at the WL and just loved it, so yesterday we started the process to add 200 pts, through the Timeshare Store, for the VWL.

How's that for getting the add-on bug only 3 weeks after initially joining DVC.

The agent at the Timeshare Store said he could guarantee we'll pass the ROFR so it's pretty exciting right now at the old homestead.

Now in the future I have my eye on a BWV purchase, but that will have to wait.

Thanks everyone for getting us all excited about the DVC.

Disney Ron

The agent at the Timeshare Store said he could guarantee we'll pass the ROFR...
Hmm. I presume you're buying at a high enough price that your agent believes that DVC won't exercise ROFR. Guarantee seems awfully strong. Good luck!

I had the add-on bug shortly after the intial purchase the only difference is that I can't justify allocating any additional funds to DVC right now. There are always ice skating, ballet, soccer and swimming lessons to consider! If money only grew on DVC trees!!

We bought our first two coontracs via resale (both OKW) the nanosecond those closed we added on at BCV, and a month later added on at BWV, so I can understand where your headed!

Enjoy those points!

Originally posted by Disney Ron
so yesterday we started the process to add 200 pts, through the Timeshare Store, for the VWL.

How's that for getting the add-on bug only 3 weeks after initially joining DVC.

You say that like its a BAAAAD thing ;)

Congrats and welcome home (and to the disboards).

Congrats on both, SSR & VWL add-on. We purchased 180 pts @ SSR. I would love to add-on @ either BWV or BCV, but seeing how it took me 2 years to convince DH to look @ DVC, I probably shouldn't push right now.

Originally posted by KristiKelly
I would love to add-on @ either BWV or BCV, but seeing how it took me 2 years to convince DH to look @ DVC, I probably shouldn't push right now.

My boat EXACTLY -- I'm waiting until 2005 for me to unveil my "evil plan" for mooooore points ::wha ha ha ha::

Hopefully :confused:

You know when you get on Pirates and the sign says: Abondon hope, all ye who enter? Well, this board is evil, very evil. I think that Disney pays for subliminal messages on here. Beware!!!!pirate:

(note: these are dying words---we haven't even closed yet and already I'm bugging dh for an add-on)

Originally posted by rocketriter
Hmm. I presume you're buying at a high enough price that your agent believes that DVC won't exercise ROFR. Guarantee seems awfully strong. Good luck!

I thought the same thing. ::yes::

Disney Ron....will you please adopt me! LOL!!! We have 160 BCV points and I almost have DH talked into an add-on. We are just trying to decide where and how much.....Lacee

That's what I'm paying and it seems to be close to the going resale rate.

laceemouse, and everyone else thinking about add-ons, good luck to you all and I hope you all get the home and pts you wish for!

Disney Ron

Originally posted by Disney Ron
Is $74 a pt too much?

If your paying closing etc. it sounds good. Not so low as to get RoFRed but not overpriced either. Well done.

For a minute there we thought we had made a mistake, but you made us feel better about our decision.

Thanks again!

Disney Ron

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter