You meet the nicest people.....

Deb & Bill

DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
We just returned home from a 14 night vacation to Glacier Park, Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, Grand Tetons, Badlands National Park and the surrounding areas. We were seated in a restaurant in Keystone, SD, when a woman asked us if we were by any chance DVC members. I was wearing my VWL hat and carrying my Mickey and Minnie purse. My husband and son each had a WDW T-shirt on. When we stated we were, she announced that they were, too. We spend a good part of the next 1/2 hour talking DVC while we were eating. What fun!!!!!

Hey, GrizzlyMD. We'll be talking to you soon!!!!:wave:

Small world!

I met a teenaged-daughter of a DVC'er at a Hallmark store about a month ago---she was the friendliest & most helpful teenage clerk I've encountered in any store in a LONG time!

:sunny:

We met a DVC family at Hershey Park last summer. Talk about an even smaller world, we both lived in Massachusetts!

Originally posted by Deb & Bill
We just returned home from a 14 night vacation to Glacier Park, Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, Grand Tetons, Badlands National Park and the surrounding areas.

How was Glacier Nat. Park? We saw on the news that there are only a few glaciers left and by 2030 there won't be any at all. DH and I both said we need to go out there and see it before it goes.

Was it easy to get to some of the glaciers? Or do you need to be in REALLY good shape to hike to where you can see them?

Thanks!
DJ

We got pulled over by a cop in our city that was a DVC member and we talked Disney for 25 minutes then he sent us on our way no ticket nothing. HE asked how often we went to Disney as we have disney plates on our car and that was how the topic of DVC came up great guy and I hope if I am pulled over for speeding again it is him.

Hey Deb & Bill!!

We spent the next couple of days discussing the insights you gave us over where to stay next. We still have a difference of opinion. Oh well.

We just got home about an hour ago, and the first thing Catherine does is check the DisBoards. She was surprised (and a little disappointed) that you beat her to it!!:D

Thanks again for taking the time to give us your insights into the various resorts. It truly was a pleasure to meet you. As an exercise on our drive back, we tried to calculate the odds of sitting down at a restaurant after the normal lunch hour, somewhat "off the beaten path", and have a couple of DVCers sit down at the table next to you. We gave up on that exercise....:crazy:

We'll be watching for your post after your SSR visit!!

Thanks again!

Mark & Catherine

I have met several neighbors who have turned out to be DVC members! I happened to be next to someone in a line waiting to purchase Arbor Day trees this spring who was also a DVC member. I know there are a few people on this board who live very near me as well.

Originally posted by dianeschlicht
I have met several neighbors who have turned out to be DVC members! I happened to be next to someone in a line waiting to purchase Arbor Day trees this spring who was also a DVC member. I know there are a few people on this board who live very near me as well.

In the spring I received something from DVC (can't remember what it was). Anyway, we always get two of everything since we have two contracts in two different names. I start to open the packages and realize we received three instead of two. I read the names and see that one was intended for my neighbor directly across the street from me. I hand delivered her package with a "Welcome Home." We couldn't believe we had lived across the street from each other for 5 years and both owned at OKW! It really is a small world.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter