You know what is really sad?

I havn't been on VMK for too long but I've seen a MAJOR decline in respect. People have become SO rude. I'm actually really sad about it. Has anyone else who has been a member of VMK longer felt the same way?

Well I've noticed it alot more too, I wonder if its because vmk staff is becoming more easy going on bans. When I first started vmk over a year ago, it seems like any type of rudeness play was banned but now you report and just get the same old ignore or leave message. :confused3

ive been playing ince the opening and YES there has been a drastic change in policy, even though there has been more rules from the beginning, i do feel they are being more easy on rude ppl.

I definatly agree VMK has lost it's magical touch. I've been playing since about 2-3 weeks after the opening and fell in love with VMK. Everybody was friendly. It was all good. Now everybody seems to be mean to each other and reporting each other. I'm also surprised that VMK is still open.

I joined VMK about 2 weeks following the "grand" opening (after beta) so I've been involved with it for a while.

Now, I don't post often here anymore but this thread caught my eye because it's something I really believe is happening in the game.

When I first joined, I had fun! People were being kind, helpful, and just great to be around. Pirate games consisted of "Congratulations" and encouragement and the majority of guest rooms were of actual creativity rather than of rooms that edged on being against values. Now, this is not to say VMK never had those few bad eggs, you just didn't see it as often. The game was also new, however, and it can almost be compared to the first day of school - in slow motion.

You wouldn't walk into the school on the first day and start to bully kids around or publically gossip about certain people. Then, as the days progress people become more confortable expressing what's on their mind and the idea of what is rude and what is polite becomes a mixed haze. Respect slowly becomes a lost trait. Let's face it, sometimes school (especially middle-high school) can be brutle! Consider VMK as a slowly progressing first few days of school. At first, people participated in the game fairly and respectfully, but then it slowly became at a "comfortable" playing level where more and more people started expressing what was on their minds leading up to a level where it just became second nature for some people to lack in respect and dignity.

Fortunately, not all of VMK is like this but sadly, there is enough to be noticed at any given moment.

I know I have said this on the boards before, but it's true! I haven't played VMK, like really played, for a long time. Months, actually. And after being "gone" from it for a while and then to come back to it is like entering an entirely different game. I could not get over how the game had gone downhill so drastically as far as players having respect for others goes.

Nearly every game of pirates that I played, I found myself either teamed with or against rude players. No matter what room I found myself in, there was at least one person either begging for items or begging to start a game. It's sad, really, because it certainly has changed since the beginning.

I agree with absolutely everything in this post. I have been playing since the beginning of September a couple months after beta of '05, and everything is just plain different.

I don't play much either anymore, if anything I'll just come on here and read a few threads that catch my eye. There has been little to no respect for other players, and I find myself booting/ignoring WAY more people in my rooms. Most of the time I only stay in my rooms, because I know if someone is being rude I automatically boot, usually without warning.

A few weeks ago, I was opening my Narnia Adventure Quest, and I get a message to "please come boot this person, they are being so rude" when I was fixing up another room of the quest. Well, to say the least I saw one chat bubble from this person, said omg, and then booted. I don't know if people don't realize people come on here for a break from life (which is why I used to come here) or something, but it's not been nearly as great as it used to.

Lion

I agree that their is some disrespect but right now i'm standing in a Central Plaza and everyone is chatting and no one is left out, no one is here asking if your "taken" and everyone is being nice.. I mean there is ALOT of good left in vmk!! :thumbsup2

Yes, some people can't be to nice but it starts with one person! If your nice, and then someone else is nice and then one by one everyone is a little nicer..

Now I'm what I consider nice.. If someone has a question i'll stop to answer. Also like today i was randomly walking around and someone in Big Thunder Mountain needed help finding Hidden Mickey's so most of today 3pm-7pm (my time) i was going to each places helping her find them..
I look for the good in everything.. Forget and forgive is my moto :) :)

There are a lot of respect issues, childish bull, hateful comments and ridiculous acting people in VMK. But, there are also a lot of good points that can and should be made.

• Trading with people who do fair trades.
  • Meeting Disboards folks on VMK.
  • Closings in VMK with your virtual friends.
  • Host Quests and games that give out freebies.
  • Your computer is not limited to only one account so mules are ok for point collecting.
  • Games online like Pirates 2, Nemo, Narnia and Terabithia that allow you to get freebies.
  • All of the people on the Disboards who help fellow VMKers who are starting out and have nothing.
  • The ability to "go to Disney" for free.

And there are many more.....

You know what? I use my ignore button. There are no telling how many people are on it, but I have the ability to use it and I do. As soon as I see people being childish or rude, I ignore them...no sense in letting somebody I do not know get under my skin.

There is a lot of good left in VMK, you just have to be the bigger person and not let these people wear on you. Don't let them be fun-suckers!!!

Idk don't know if someone has posted on this thread about the following subject but i would just like to bring it up.
Lately, i've been seeing horrible changes in vmk. Example: I was in the VMK Esplanade and i saw some guest asking others if they were taken. To me i believe people nowadays just want to play vmk to be taken. And that was not the reason why Disney made vmk. I believe Disney made VMK for people to have fun, make friends and get away from life for a while.
But now.... vmk has changed alot. Sometimes im afraid of what will become of VMK in the future.

I agree with Loves-Disney. VMK has changed so much from the first days.
I think we should create a force that can try to restore the magic that used to be in VMK. If you join, we can help VMK become its old self again..
Please PM me if you want to help make VMK a better place. And im not trying to take the place of staff members, i just want to help thats all.

Idk don't know if someone has posted on this thread about the following subject but i would just like to bring it up.
Lately, i've been seeing horrible changes in vmk. Example: I was in the VMK Esplanade and i saw some guest asking others if they were taken. To me i believe people nowadays just want to play vmk to be taken. And that was not the reason why Disney made vmk. I believe Disney made VMK for people to have fun, make friends and get away from life for a while.
But now.... vmk has changed alot. Sometimes im afraid of what will become of VMK in the future.

I agree with Loves-Disney. VMK has changed so much from the first days.
I think we should create a force that can try to restore the magic that used to be in VMK. If you join, we can help VMK become its old self again..
Please PM me if you want to help make VMK a better place. And im not trying to take the place of staff members, i just want to help thats all.

Your posts are difficult and somewhat painful to read. ;) You might want to pick a different font....and possibly color.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter