You know I'm a squirrel guy...

Today, I came to the conclusion that running in front of cars is the squirrel equivalent of Russian roulette.
giphy.gif

ea504abceb500255dcef19f0a61b76d262fb628049ecb2942fc62575581cb96a.jpg

I thunked they was just playing chicken. That or they were ad hoc employees for brake and tire companies.

Just be glad all she had was cookies.

Had there been pecans involved, it might of gotten ugly.

I would be careful Denise, You are QUESTIONING The Resident Squirrel Authority. Do you really want to risk having a full siege on your next visit to The FORT?

Michael you recently posted about being successful on a recent SAFARI congrats btw. My Question is:
Did you make the BOY's act as your Gun Bearer and Beaters and do they call you BWHANA?
or did you just have them hand around some in harvested corn and invite the others over

I have about 4 deer feeders on my property and leases. I use "deer feeder" loosely as the squirrels are probably the biggest customers (consumption wise).

I use petroleum jelly on the legs of the feeders to keep raccoons from messing them up (they can't climb slick surfaces) however the squirrels have mastered jumping from the trees and getting to the caster on the feeders to get extra corn.

Some of biggest laughs I've gotten was when a squirrel was greedily getting corn from the caster when the timer went off and it suddenly started spinning.

Usually the squirrels are good at letting me know something is coming through the woods. So I get a heads up. Outside of that, I do all the carrying. They will sometimes approach the tree stand if the feeders empty. I think it's their way of dropping a hint.

Notice his skill. When he left the rail the jar was perfectly upright. I think it might be attached to the rail though.

Last edited:
I was hoping there was a "squirrel" thread running. We have a couple of resident acrobats here on our site. I got some pictures this am of one that finally figured out how to get the lid off the bird feeder (time for some gorilla tape).

The "Acrobat"
The acrobat.jpg

The "break-in"
The break-in.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!