You have not experienced a deluxe resort, DVC or not until you've been to Aulani!

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
Aulani is absolutely amazing. It's beautiful, it's relaxing, it's amazing!!! We spent 10 glorious days there. We spent 4 days at Waikiki and I wish I would have planned all our tours/excursions for the 4 days at Waikiki instead of taking away any days at Aulani.

We did Wiamea Falls, Pearl Harbor and Dolphin Excursion while at Aulani, which were all amazing. Had I known how incredible the resort was I would have moved all three of those tours in to the 4 days while in Waikiki.

I'm glad we saw Waikiki. Glad I can say, "been there, done that" but with the exception of the beautiful scenery when standing on the beach it could have been any beach, anywhere, IMO.

Aulani was amazing. It was probably our last big trip with our 3 daughters as our twins graduate from college in May and our oldest is already working full time and going to grad school. Hopefully, DH and I will be able to return there some day. Oahu is just gorgeous. Pictures do not do it justice.

To those that have a trip planned......I'm jealous! You will love it!!!

Glad to hear!! Even if we live here, we always take a Staycation there once a year and I must say, it's a world of it's own. DVC did a good job with their property. :)

OP, you are making me very excited about our upcoming Aulani stay. I have stayed on Waikiki many times but those visits were many years ago. Since then my Hawaii visits have been on neighbor islands. I am looking forward to a return to Oahu, mostly because of all the positive posts about Aulani here on the DIS. So excited that DSis's first Hawaii trip will include Aulani!

DH and I have both been to Oahu previously but it had been awhile and we had plans to do several things during our week at Aulani. Only twice did we leave! :rotfl: We both thought it was great also. I'm excited to go back now that the expansion is complete since they were right in the midst of it when we were there last Dec.

OP, you are making me very excited about our upcoming Aulani stay. I have stayed on Waikiki many times but those visits were many years ago. Since then my Hawaii visits have been on neighbor islands. I am looking forward to a return to Oahu, mostly because of all the positive posts about Aulani here on the DIS. So excited that DSis's first Hawaii trip will include Aulani!
My guess is that you will love it. Aulani is incredible.

DH and I have both been to Oahu previously but it had been awhile and we had plans to do several things during our week at Aulani. Only twice did we leave! :rotfl: We both thought it was great also. I'm excited to go back now that the expansion is complete since they were right in the midst of it when we were there last Dec.

We were the same way. 10 days and 9 spent at the resort (did a North Shore Drive) We felt it was the best deluxe with Cruise ship service. I loved seeing all the same CMs day after day.

7 months and counting….really looking forward to it after having to cancel last year…it will be my 5th time to Hawaii but the first time spending more than 3 nights on Oahu since my FIRST trip in 1990 when I spent 4 n on Oahu. We have never taken the time to venture outside of Waikiki and I was tempted to book less than a week on Oahu just because that's always the way we roll…but all of these positive reviews have me excited and glad we planned a full week. But we will still venture outside the resort. My guys (DH and DS) are not ones to just sit & vegetate on the beach or at the pool all day every day and I don't think we can afford the spa. So we will plan a day for Pearl Harbor / Waikiki and a day for the North Shore for surf lessons & shrimp trucks. Not sure about that Ranch on the other side of the island (where they filmed LOST). That's a possibility too. I think we will want at least 3 days "doing something" for at least half a day. I had wanted to rent a cabana last year too but now that they've raised the prices on those I think we will save that for Maui where they are only $75 / day.

On a side note I wonder if anybody has done any zip lines on Oahu?? Those look pretty darned cool….

Anal Annie......on the days we did venture from the resort to do something we would go very early and return after lunch to enjoy the resort the remainder of the day.

Also, we rented the paddle board one day. You can also rent kayaks. The boogie boards are free and you can keep them the entire day but they only have about 30. You need to get there at 8 am when they open to get one, usually. We got 3 on Christmas day and drove to a beach to do some boogie boarding......so much fun.

My family all received snorkel gear for Christmas so almost every day while at the resort we'd go snorkeling in the cove. Saw tons of tropical fish, crabs on the rocks and even a large sea turtle swimming around.

Because of the time change for us (we're on the east coast) we were up very early and would go for an early morning walk.....some mornings before the sun was even up. If you exit the resort, go to the beach and then go left it is an absolutely beautiful walk. The entire walk there and back is almost two miles. Make sure to take your camera! Then head to the Marriott to see if the monk seals are out.

Anal Annie......on the days we did venture from the resort to do something we would go very early and return after lunch to enjoy the resort the remainder of the day.

Also, we rented the paddle board one day. You can also rent kayaks. The boogie boards are free and you can keep them the entire day but they only have about 30. You need to get there at 8 am when they open to get one, usually. We got 3 on Christmas day and drove to a beach to do some boogie boarding......so much fun.

My family all received snorkel gear for Christmas so almost every day while at the resort we'd go snorkeling in the cove. Saw tons of tropical fish, crabs on the rocks and even a large sea turtle swimming around.

Because of the time change for us (we're on the east coast) we were up very early and would go for an early morning walk.....some mornings before the sun was even up. If you exit the resort, go to the beach and then go left it is an absolutely beautiful walk. The entire walk there and back is almost two miles. Make sure to take your camera! Then head to the Marriott to see if the monk seals are out.

:thumbsup2 I have a new FX DSLR that will be attached to me most all the time we're there I'm sure. I certainly can't afford for it to be stolen so I may buy a Pac Safe bag to keep it in tho while we're at the pool & beach. We have our own snorkel gear that we will be bringing too 'cuz we may do a snorkel excursion other than just off-shore snorkeling. There is snorkeling off the beach where we're staying in Maui too.

Part of the reason we're stopping at DL for a few nights on the way is to help adjust to the time change. I'm hoping the jet lag won't be as severe this way.:goodvibes

Annie: Do yourself a favor and at least get a day-pass to the Kula Wai hydrotherapy garden. One of the highlights of our trip was the time we spent there. A day pass for the spa is $45.

Annie: Do yourself a favor and at least get a day-pass to the Kula Wai hydrotherapy garden. One of the highlights of our trip was the time we spent there. A day pass for the spa is $45.

When did you do this? Last time we checked (April) they had stopped doing this but maybe it was just temporarily during the refurbs?

Asked about the day pass last month at christmas. The lady informed us it was no longer available. She said it was discontinued about a year and a half ago.

7 months and counting….really looking forward to it after having to cancel last year…it will be my 5th time to Hawaii but the first time spending more than 3 nights on Oahu since my FIRST trip in 1990 when I spent 4 n on Oahu. We have never taken the time to venture outside of Waikiki and I was tempted to book less than a week on Oahu just because that's always the way we roll…but all of these positive reviews have me excited and glad we planned a full week. But we will still venture outside the resort. My guys (DH and DS) are not ones to just sit & vegetate on the beach or at the pool all day every day and I don't think we can afford the spa. So we will plan a day for Pearl Harbor / Waikiki and a day for the North Shore for surf lessons & shrimp trucks. Not sure about that Ranch on the other side of the island (where they filmed LOST). That's a possibility too. I think we will want at least 3 days "doing something" for at least half a day. I had wanted to rent a cabana last year too but now that they've raised the prices on those I think we will save that for Maui where they are only $75 / day. On a side note I wonder if anybody has done any zip lines on Oahu?? Those look pretty darned cool….

Annie, are you going out on a catamaran? That was one of our favorite things!
We loved driving north from KoOlina, there are several excellent and I crowded beaches waiting for you there, especially on weekdays. We took a picnic with us and were the only people at one beach. Amazing!

Annie, are you going out on a catamaran? That was one of our favorite things! We loved driving north from KoOlina, there are several excellent and UNcrowded beaches waiting for you there, especially on weekdays. We took a picnic with us and were the only people at one beach. Amazing!

Just returned from our trip the first part was Aulani... oh FUN! four adults, LOVED the lazy river at the end of the day it was empty with generally only 4 other people. Did that after the amazing sunsets, ahhhh. great CMs and generally good weather. wish I was still there instead of here with 0 temp and negative windchill.. :cool1:
JR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter