You Guys Are Starting To Scare Me....

Desi

<font color=990000>Seek color and ye shall receive
I've been reading these post for HOURS. This is our very first vacation. I keep reading about, stay at this resort, or that one.(we're staying at LIKI TIKI) What if this isn't a good resort? Making reservations 60 days in advance, what if my poor kids don't get to eat at the "popular" restaurants because their mom doesn't know anything? Take a back pack for drinks and food? I'm lazy and my back hurts. (but I'm cheap too) what do I do? I want to take pictures, but where do I keep the camera? I've got frozen drinks in my back pack. If I get the 5 day consecudive Universal ticket, what do I do if I want to rest one day,is my ticket still good, or do I HAVE to go 5 days in a row? (my back is really starting to hurt...my feet too)
I'M TOO SCARED TO GO NOW. WE'LL BE IN A NASTY ROOM, IN A TERRIBLE RESORT, MY KIDS WILL HAVE TO EAT AT MCDONALD'S.
THEY WANT LET ME BACK IN THE UNIVERSAL BECAUSE I GOT TIRED. MY KIDS KEEL OVER BECAUSE I'M TOO LAZY TO CARRY A BACK PACK, AND TOO CHEAP TO PAY 5.00 FOR A BOTTLE OF WATER. NO PICTURES, BECAUSE I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO CARRY A CAMERA.
AND WHAT RESTAURANTS DO YOU GO TO. What if they are bad and don't know it. and now I've spent alot of money on bad food.
OK, maybe I should stay home. (or maybe I really need a vacation)
HELPPPPP :crazy:

LOL!!! I brought all my notes with me to Orlando and didn't do most of what was in them. And I did horrible at Men in Black! I wasn't in the parks for most of the happy hours. I was crabby at my kids for wanting to only please themselves all the time (and I have 4 kids ages 3-15 so there's no pleasing one person all the time...). I have foot problems and my special pad that I bought to put on my foot bugged me. Guess what? We still had a great time...

Try renting a locker to store some stuff in. And have the kids carry waterproof fanny packs with a frozen juice box and a snack in for when they get the mid-morning munchies. My little guy still needs a stroller so we were able to put things in, around, and on the stroller.

Hey Desi the locker idea is good one remember also if buying drinks on park get one refillable cup and pay for refills at greatly reduced prices for all also eating at mc donalds hey last year we travelled all way from Scotland and after doing the parks all day we where very tired and we ended up at Mc donalds a lot the kids loved it also Ponderosa we found very cheap for a good meal but remember its your holiday too relax and enjoy it go with the flow:smooth:

Desi,

Don't worry about not doing everything the way everyone else does. It's your vacation - do it the way you want to!

I don't know anything about the Liki Tiki but do a search on the Orlando Hotels/Attractions board and I'm sure you'll find some reviews. I always just look at a hotel as somewhere to sleep so I'm not willing to pay big bucks for that. However, we're staying onsite at RPR (Royal Pacific Resort) on our trip this year, but pretty much only because I want the FOTL access and I'll pay a little bit more for that. But, we're only going to be there for 4 nights and then the rest of our stay will be at HIFS (Holiday Inn Family Suites) when we're visiting WDW. So when I'm reading the Disney Board and I read about everyone staying at these high-dollar Disney resorts, I feel a bit left out too! But I'm sure our vacation will be just as nice as theirs, if not better since we'll be doing it for less $! ;)

As for the 5 day pass - no, you don't have to go 5 days in a row if you don't want to. The way it works is that the first day you visit the park will count as day 1 and five days later your pass will expire. You can go as much or as little as you want in that time period.

thank you Nicole,
I'm starting to feel alot better. and I also found the reservation line to Mythos! Sooo I think it may be coming together!
Desi

We carried fanny packs that had a beverage container. I would put water in mine and juice or soda in the kids. That way you can pack the camera, cell phone or snacks in the other compartment. You can bring fanny packs on all yhe rides,but some rides require you to use a locker for back packs(MIB). You will have a great time.

Originally posted by Desi
thank you Nicole,
I'm starting to feel alot better. and I also found the reservation line to Mythos! Sooo I think it may be coming together!
Desi

You're welcome, Desi! :D

Make sure you write a trip report when you get back. I want to hear all about Mythos since we haven't been there yet and I want to try it on our November trip!

Have fun and breath easy! ;)

FANNY PACKS ARE THE KEY!!!!..u can store so much in a fanny pack...such as a camera and cellphone and a wallet.....and they will let u take it on the rides....u can put water bottles and juice boxes....ReLaX and eNjoY..its ur vacation!!!!!!HAVE FUN!!!

Jared:bounce: :smooth: :jester: :bounce: :smooth: :jester:

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time; nothing else matters. Not the mortgage or my team, cuz for those 10 seconds or less I AM FREE"-Vin Diesel, The Fast and the Furious

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter