You don't have to lose your points

Peterd

DIS Veteran
To anyone who has made a resv. for either yourself or someone else, and with the recent events wanted to cancel the resv. , DVC will let you cancel the resv. and bank the points.
We had 11 rooms for Nov 11th, and 3 people canceled last minute because they were concerned about flying etc... I called DVC, and was told if the resv. was made before Sept 11th, and you canceled before Oct 31st, they would let you cancel and bank those points. This wasn't the double secret once in lifetime made a mistake and bank the points deal, this was due to the recent events. My situation may have been different, because I borrowed from next year for this year, and they let me put them back to next year. I'm not sure if it also pertains to points not borrowed. Just thought I would pass this on to anyone who may have gotten stuck with a cancelation.
Peterd

I just had the same experience. I have given 3 nights at OKW to each of my staff members. One of my hygienists, who has a reservation for Nov 11, told me today that her flight has been cancelled and she will now be unable to go at that time.

I called MS and they cancelled the reservation, returning the points (all current use year points) to my account and allowing me to bank those points into 2002 (March use year).

This is valid for reservations made prior to Sep 11 and cancelled by Oct 31, 2001.

I think this is a very generous move by DVC.

This is a very generous policy. I'm glad it's available for those who need it.

With all the complaining about the cutbacks, how about praising for doing such a nice jesture under the circumstances that are facing all of us Americans at this time!!!!

Way to go DVC!!! Thanks

I had contacted DVC recently about my DD's health, and they also told me about the October 31st cancellation date due to the events of 9/11, which gave us a few extra days to see what was going to happen with DD.

BTW...this past Thursday (which would have been our 31 days beforehand to cancel) we got DD's biopsy results, and there's no cancer. :D She does have another incurable but treatable disease, and it looks like we are heading to Orlando on Thanksgiving. :D :D :D :D :D

Congratulations on the biospy report. You must be relieved. Pixie Dust coming your way to help with whatever lies ahead for you and your daughter. Have a wonderful trip! We'll be at OKW. I'm wearing lime green on my ECV.

Congratulations on the wonderful news MaryAnn. Have a wonderful, magical time at the best place on earth!!! Happy Thanksgiving...........

MaryAnn, I don't know you (other than here on the bb), but you just sent chills throughme with your good news "and there's no cancer." Thoughts & prayers to you & your family...

Mary Ann-

We bought into DVC two weeks before our 5 yo was diagnosed with a brain tumor (life threatening, but not cancer). We had just gotten back from DisneyWorld. We had a wonderful time and then our world seemed to fall apart. Anyway, he is doing good and we have been back two more times (one time being his Make A Wish trip). DVC will allow us to go on these vacations we normally probably could not afford otherwise since we do not have to pay for lodging. Disney is so much more special through his eyes. My wish is for him to be able to take his children to DisneyWorld (and may even let me tag along). Congrats on your daughter's good news. I know what it is like to be waiting for those test results. By the way, let the resort know of your good news. We told them ours and he got special gifts left for him the first two days we were there. It was really nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter