You can't book 2 weeks at one time?????

Kurby

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou
I was reading another post and read that if booking 11 months prior your arrival day you have to book one day every day they don't just book 14 days in one booking

is that right?????

that makes no sense at all - you're planning a vacation and have to call 14 times and make 14 reservations? somethings not right there.

Debbie wrote this

"I always do day by day for my BWV early December trip (bw view) and it's never been a big inconvenience. If you want a room that is in low supply, that's the best way to get it. Otherwise, you take the chance that the room will already be gone by those who booked before you."

here's the link to the thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1395132

For those who are trying to book a reservation for a popular set of dates in a popular but low availability room, they will often book day by day to be assured of getting that hard to get booking. For example: Standard view BWV rooms are hard to come by past the 11 month booking window. If someone is wanting a 2 bedroom standard view during the food and wine festival or another really popular DVC time, they would want to book one day at a time to be assured of getting that standard view. There is a possibility that they might not get all the days they want if they wait until the 11 month window from the checkout date.

That being said...We RARELY book day by day, but we own at OKW, which is a large resort, so unless we are trying to book a GV, there isn't much need to book day by day. We usually call 11 months from the checkout date and go from there. We like to make sure all our ressies for our home resort are made prior to the 7 month window opening up though. The resorts where day by day booking are most necessary are BCV and VWL because they are both small DVC resorts. BWV standard view is in that same catagory, and GVs anywhere would be there too.

It's not that you HAVE to do it that way but early Dec is a busy time for DVC due to low points requirments. During busy DVC times in generally makes more sense to call in day by day- particularly for certain views or GVs. Otherwise you call in 15 days later than the rest of the owners for that resort have been calling in all this time and the room type or view you want may already be gone - even at 11 months out.

I'm explaining this badly - I'm sure someone else can be a little more coherent than this~

------
EDIT
What Diane said! LOL~

Not sure if this is better - here goes:

If you wait until 11 months from your checkout date, you are actually reserving your check-in date 10 months and 2 weeks ahead. You can ABSOLUTELY do this...

However...

During those 2 weeks, it is possible for people to jump in with 1 day, 4 day, or 1 week reservations making your desired room type unavailable.

So...

For the inconvenience of calling everyday for 14 days you are reducing the chance of others jumping in... Make sense??? :confused3

Hopefully this helps...;)

Chris

I've always booked my vacations a week at a time with no problem, including Memorial Day week at BCV, BWV standard during Thanksgiving, BWV-BWview during December. Once I forgot about Christmas and booked it 2 weeks after the 11 month window and still was able to book a 2 b/r and studio. I'm not saying you won't get locked out if you don't book day by day, but up to now I haven't had any problems. Once we had to w/l, but it came through in less than a week. HTH

ohhh ok - gotchya

makes sense - not exactly how we've been booking our trips in the past but i guess with so many DVC'ers and so few resorts the book up fast.

i guess the good thing for us is that we can vacation pretty much anytime so we can go during the low seasons.

thanks everyone for filling me in

i guess the good thing for us is that we can vacation pretty much anytime so we can go during the low seasons.

thanks everyone for filling me in

Just so you are aware, it is often the low point seasons that book up the most quickly. Early December is very tough, January is becoming harder, but Sept still appears to be relatively easy to book. Best of luck -- Suzanne

We're going 12/25-1/2/08 and I book our GV at BWV starting at the eleven month window day by day. I had no problem getting our res's everyday.

Just to illustrate why it is sometimes necessary, as you quoted above I booked Dec 1 to 7 day by day. When I called for Dec 1 (Dec 2 check-out) on Jan 2, I forgot to call first thing in the morning and called around 2:00pm. The CM said I got one of the last boardwalk view studios for that night and advised me to call earlier in the day for the rest. If I would have waited until Jan 7 there's no way I would have got all my nights. On the other hand, if I was willing to take preferred pool/garden view, I probably would have got it because there are more of them and they are less popular. But it was worth 5 minutes of my time each day to get that boardwalk view.

Keep in mind that day-by-day booking is only required for those extra hard to get accommodations. Like getting a standard view studio at BWV for New Year's Eve.

If you're after an average unit during an average time, you do not have to book day-by-day.

At 11-months, you are only competing for accommodations against the others who have the same home-resort. So in the above example, only BWV owners can even call at 11-months for that NYE studio room.

I would guess that 90% of the time you can call and make the entire reservation at once. This is especially true for the larger resorts.

Okay, so we are looking into becoming DVC members and we're going back and forth as to what we would like our home resort to be. We would like to buy into either BWV or SSR. My question, after reading this thread, is how difficult is it to book at 7 months, as opposed to 11 months? Because if we buy into SSR, I know we'll want to stay at BWV and/or BCV at some point. Keep in mind we'll most likely be traveling in September or October.

We bought at SSR and have our first 3 trips planned. We can use our annual pass all 3 times and maximize our points! We have booked SSR in May and BCV in September! I am so excited! We will then go to OKW in April 08 to get our 3rd annual pass trip! (Our points reup in April ...so our third trip will be next years points but we can use the annual pass because we are purchasing it this May). It was very easy to book BCV in September. We are going September 9-16.

Okay, so we are looking into becoming DVC members and we're going back and forth as to what we would like our home resort to be. We would like to buy into either BWV or SSR. My question, after reading this thread, is how difficult is it to book at 7 months, as opposed to 11 months? Because if we buy into SSR, I know we'll want to stay at BWV and/or BCV at some point. Keep in mind we'll most likely be traveling in September or October.

From what I've read on the boards -September is not too much of a problem. October however is the International Food and Wine Festival at Epot. Both BVC and BWV are reported to be very very difficult to get into. If you don't care about what view etc and are willing to waitlist you do have a chance but it's probably best not to count on getting in during that time.

I own at SSR and AKV. Our trip in June is at VWL and BCV. Our trip in Oct. is at BWV. I had no problem getting into BWV in Oct. I did get preferred view and I am wait listed for Boardwalk view. I had a Boardwalk view once in Sept. and it was wonderful. Now I have always booked right at seven months out for a different resort. If getting standard view or Boardwalk view in Oct. is important to you then I would buy at BWV.

I own at SSR and AKV. Our trip in June is at VWL and BCV. Our trip in Oct. is at BWV. I had no problem getting into BWV in Oct. I did get preferred view and I am wait listed for Boardwalk view. I had a Boardwalk view once in Sept. and it was wonderful. Now I have always booked right at seven months out for a different resort. If getting standard view or Boardwalk view in Oct. is important to you then I would buy at BWV.

What is the difference between the views at BWV? I mean, obviously, I get Boardwalk view. :laughing: But what exactly is the difference between Standard and Preferred?

For the most part standard views oversee the drive into Boardwalk. Preferred views can be garden or pool. As a BWV owner I love my standard view since it is less points. Preferred and Boardwalk views are the same points.

Cyn

that makes no sense at all - you're planning a vacation and have to call 14 times and make 14 reservations? somethings not right there.
I don't believe the bolded part of your question has yet been answered. You aren't making 14 reservations, just one. When you first talk to MS, they will note the day you're planning on checking out. AFTER all the days have been added to the reservation, then they will send out the letter for your 1 reservation. Also, it won't be 14 calls, because MS is closed on Sundays. The Monday call(s) will be for 2 nights.

We only go to WDW during F&W and early December. I do call day by day for BWV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter