• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

You bet! I'm a hoer

nocnurse

Mouseketeer
Just finished weeding the veggie garden. I have a stirrup hoe and it is absolutely the best gardening tool I've ever used. I zip right through my 50 x 50 ft. garden. Anyone else out there have one of these beauties?

Nope, don't have one. Could you post a pic????

The title of your thread, I thought you were calling yourself a nasty name :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: !!

What is a stirrup hoe? I've never heard of it and I have major weed problems. I just can't seem to get motivated with my garden lately.

I'd post a picture of mine, but my skills at posting pictures are nowhere near as developed as my weeding skills. I found this article that has a picture if you scroll down to the bottom. stirrup hoe

Sometimes I use a hoer. If I'm standing up I like the weezil. It's really good at pulling weeds out and turning the soil too.

Yup, another hoer here. I love stirrup hoes, because they disturb the soil and mulch so little, can be used on both the push and pull stroke, and fit in tight places. They're much easier to control, because the cutting blade is in a circle (sort of), and it can be used in tight places without slicing the neighboring plants.

I think I could use this tool. I hate weeding, yet I'm out there every day, Hate the weeds more then weeding.

I use a hand tool, always have a sore back. Maybe this is the answer. This tool might work for open area's like veggie garden. Most of my flower gardens a packed tight with flowers so hand weeding is necessary. I may have to give this a try, Thanks! for the info on this tool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter