~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

Race decisions (with the help of my DH).

I’m going to run the W&D half. My wonderful TA had some resorts with a magical deal. I’m 99.99% sure that I’m booked at the Poly for two nights. Still waiting on my confirmation. She took time out of her own vacation to book a room for me so I don’t want to bug her with an email. I saw a credit card charge this morning that looked to be the rate for one night there. It was my third choice on the list she sent me (BC was 1 & BW was 2). I’m kind of excited because if the course stays the same and starts in the TTC parking lot I can walk to my corral and get there nice and early and stake out my spot. I’m sad though because I had planned on eating my way through F&W at the after party and walking back to an Epcot resort.

YAYYY! I am pretty sure I am going to do W&D too! I figured I might as well since I got an AP this year. LOL. (that makes sense, right??)

Makes perfect sense to me! I have an AP. My DH were camper shopping and ended up by WDW yesterday, but I couldn’t come up with a good reason why we should stop by one of the parks or Disney springs.

So...yeah...we are going to buy a camper. Did I mention I don’t like camping? This, my friends, is where you sometimes have to compromise in a marriage. My DH loves the great wilderness more than I do, but he puts up with my Disney nonsense. I do have some selfish requirements though.
  • Two bedrooms - My kids are 14 & 12, yet they still fight over who gets to push the elevator buttons. If they fight I can send the boy to one bedroom and the girl to the other.
  • Outdoor kitchen w/ an extra fridge.
  • Central vac
  • Space for my DS to use his computer - my son has autism. When he needs to get away from the stress of the world he unwinds with his gaming. We have learned the hard way that he needs it to escape the world and do a brain reset.
I may grow to like this. We have always wanted to visit more national parks to hike, fish, etc. It gets expensive when you start adding up flights, hotels, car rentals, etc. Hello Race Vacations!!!!

LOL! We live six hours away so it is not as easy to convince someone to stop by. I'd be there every day if I lived closer. Oh cool! I've always wanted a camper for racecations. I will get one someday! That will be so much fun!

We have a camper (26 ft. travel trailer) and love it. My mom teases me and calls it glamping - I suppose with all of the amenities in campers now, it is rather comfortable! It is definitely a cheaper way to travel. I'm trying to convince DH that we should take it down to Disney and stay at Fort Wilderness, but he isn't too keen on that idea with our current towing vehicle. Anyhow, I think you will grow to like it. :thumbsup2

Loving that alligator carving!! I'm ignoring all the W&D talk. That one is still on my list for a redo, but not this year.

LOL! We live six hours away so it is not as easy to convince someone to stop by. I'd be there every day if I lived closer. Oh cool! I've always wanted a camper for racecations. I will get one someday! That will be so much fun!

I’d be there more, but school and soccer get in the way!

We have a camper (26 ft. travel trailer) and love it. My mom teases me and calls it glamping - I suppose with all of the amenities in campers now, it is rather comfortable! It is definitely a cheaper way to travel. I'm trying to convince DH that we should take it down to Disney and stay at Fort Wilderness, but he isn't too keen on that idea with our current towing vehicle. Anyhow, I think you will grow to like it. :thumbsup2

Glamping is more my thing. One of the campers we looked at has a tv wall that can be viewed from the living area then turned so it can be viewed from the bedroom. It’s reminds me of those secret entrance fireplaces from scooby doo.

Loving that alligator carving!! I'm ignoring all the W&D talk. That one is still on my list for a redo, but not this year.

Oh no! What happened? Was it one of the bad weather races?

Ugh....I am so so so tired. I managed to get to the gym this morning then come home and run. I felt okay when I woke up, but as the day has gone on my throat is sore, my ears keep popping and my nose is runny. My daughter came home early from school because her allergies were so bad due to a lot of pollen and no rain. I’m hoping that’s my issue as well. I haven’t had any issues with allergies in about ten years!

Ugh....I am so so so tired. I managed to get to the gym this morning then come home and run. I felt okay when I woke up, but as the day has gone on my throat is sore, my ears keep popping and my nose is runny. My daughter came home early from school because her allergies were so bad due to a lot of pollen and no rain. I’m hoping that’s my issue as well. I haven’t had any issues with allergies in about ten years!

Fingers crossed for you!

Fingers crossed for you!

Hope you aren't getting sick and it's just allergies.

Took some zyrtec before I went to bed and woke up feeling A LOT better. It's got to be all the pollen. My poor white SUV is coated in yellow pollen. We really need some rain to wash it all away. Central Florida went under a fire watch last night. It's just so dry and we are having windy weather today. The pond in my backyard is very low.

Took some zyrtec before I went to bed and woke up feeling A LOT better. It's got to be all the pollen. My poor white SUV is coated in yellow pollen. We really need some rain to wash it all away. Central Florida went under a fire watch last night. It's just so dry and we are having windy weather today. The pond in my backyard is very low.

Zyrtec and Nasonex (both generic) work really well for me during allergy season!

So I’m not a costume type of runner. It’s just never been my thing. I dislike tutus for running. I wore one during the 2015 princess 10K. If I didn’t pay so much for it I would have left it on the side of the course. I had given it a test run around the neighborhood, but wearing it for 6.2 miles is a completely different situation.

I love Star Wars so I will be dressing up. For the 10K I ordered a Darth tank with a very small cape. I’ll wear that with my black sparkleskirt, black calf sleeves, black arm sleeves & black sweaty band. My goal is to take ALL the pictures. For the half I bought a storm trooper tank. I’ll wear it with black capris. I’m trying to PR during the half so I didn’t want any new clothing combo.

So I’m not a costume type of runner. It’s just never been my thing. I dislike tutus for running. I wore one during the 2015 princess 10K. If I didn’t pay so much for it I would have left it on the side of the course. I had given it a test run around the neighborhood, but wearing it for 6.2 miles is a completely different situation.

I love Star Wars so I will be dressing up. For the 10K I ordered a Darth tank with a very small cape. I’ll wear that with my black sparkleskirt, black calf sleeves, black arm sleeves & black sweaty band. My goal is to take ALL the pictures. For the half I bought a storm trooper tank. I’ll wear it with black capris. I’m trying to PR during the half so I didn’t want any new clothing combo.
I love the idea of a tutu and I have ran with a full on tutu once but I hated it. I like to dress up but not over the top, so Sparkle Skirts are perfect for me. Your Star Wars outfits sound awesome! Can't wait to see them!

I really should pay more attention to course maps. I signed up for a 5K a while back and never looked at it. It's for a good cause. I know where the church is. It's on the corner of two straight roads. Worst it could be is an out and back, right? GAH! I picked up my bib today and saw the course in my packet. This is the WORST 5K course I have ever seen.

Course-Map.png

03/05/18 - 03/11/18
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday - Walked around the neighborhood
  • Gym: Chest & triceps

Tuesday - This was my first "T" paced run. I was really excited to attempt this! I didn't do the Rest Interval after the 4th T pace and moved right to the CD mile.
  • 2 mile WU / 4 x .5 mile @ 10:18 + 1 minute RI @ WU pace / 1 mile CD
  • 12:10, 11:55 / 9:55, 11:56, 10:01, 11:46, 9:56, 13:02, 10:02 / 11:45
  • Gym: Back & Biceps
Wednesday - easy day after yesterday's hard run
  • 4.5 miles @ EA 13:11
  • 12:17 / 12:18 / 12:14 / 12:05 / 12:10
  • Gym: Legs - I kept the weights at a fraction of what I can normally do. I don't want to hit my legs as hard as I used to because I still need them to run!
Thursday - Tempo run! Had a bit of a hard time keeping it slow for the CD portion.
  • 1 mile WU / 4.5 miles @ 10:41 / 1 mile CD
  • 12:35 / 10:34, 10:31, 10:26, 10:24, 10:20 / 11:06
Friday - Rest day & boy did my legs need it after those two harder runs plus leg day at the gym!
  • Gym: Shoulders
Saturday - I broke up today's 6 miles into two runs. I had signed up for a 5K before I had a DBP. This was a fundraiser for one of our local non-profits that helps homeless families as well as families that are at risk of becoming homeless and was St. Patrick's Day themed.
  • Race Recap: My husband and I left the house around 7:15 for an 8am start. The race wasn't that far from my house, but I didn't know what parking was going to be like. It ended up being very easy. They had plenty of parking and volunteers telling us where to park. We were at the race start by 7:35. They had a handful of tents with vendors. I didn't buy anything. Weather was perfect for running. It was around 52 and low humidity. At 7:45 they had did some group stretching. 7:55 was the national anthem sung by a very talented teen girl. At 8am we were off. I hung out at the starting line in the middle of the pack so I could stay out of the way of the fast runners. The instructions asked that strollers and wheelchairs start last, but people didn't listen. Had to dodge those in addition to lots of walkers. If I do this race next year I'll be sure to start closer to the front. The course wasn't as bad as it looked on paper. There were plenty of volunteers directing where to go. I think there were two water stops. I was able to see my husband at the start, during mile 1, mile 3 and at the finish due to the way the course was set up. Even though it was a 5K there was lots of support on the course from residents who lived in the neighborhoods we were running through in addition to family and friends holding signs. My goal was to finish <35:00. I crushed it with a PR of 28:58 (splits: 9:58, 9:20, 9:02, 8:22. First mile is off since I started my watch too soon.)! I could have finished faster, but I started out slow with all intentions of running a tad faster than my DBP prescribed pace so I could meet my goal. That went out the window just like Princess Weekend. I could have pushed myself harder, but I kept reminding myself I had another 3 miles to do later plus a long run on Sunday. They were handing out water with koozies. There was also a tent with more water, coffee, muffins, oranges & bananas. A local Irish Step dancing school did a performance. There was also a kids dash, finisher awards and a raffle. I didn't win anything. This was a nicely organized race and one I'd do again. You can't see it very well, but the finish medal is a leprechaun.
Untitled 4.png
  • 3 miles @ EB 12:20 - Went on the trails at the state park near the house while DH fished with the kids. It was very sandy in some parts, but a nice change! I got lost a couple times. Found out there's a feature on my Garmin that will bring me back to the starting point. Good to know! They didn't catch any fish :(
  • 12:06 / 11:48 / 11:59
DH and I went to the Taste of Oviedo today. Being new to the area we didn't really know what to expect. We were expecting it to be like a mini food and wine of local restaurants. It was kind of a disappointment. It was mostly arts and crafts vendors selling their stuff and just a handful of food tents and not all of them were even restaurants. I did get a new running shirt and some local honey though!!!

Sunday - Long Run!!! I overslept so I got a later start than I wanted, but it was an awesome run. I felt strong the entire time and got completely swept away in my Harry Potter audiobook. I'm now on book 4 The Goblet of Fire.
  • 11 miles @ 11:56
  • 12:06 / 11:48 / 11:36 / 11:48 / 11:51 / 11:55 / 11:42 / 11:45 / 11:46 / 11:34 / 11:40
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've not logged consistently in MFP. I just keep forgetting! I lost 1.4 pounds this week. Slow and steady!

SW: 145
PW: 138.4
CW: 137
GW: 125

Sounds like a great week! Continuing to set PRs along the way is nice as well! Nice to see that possibly training a bit too slow still seems not to be holding you back! Keep up the great work!

Congrats on a great running week and an awesome PR!

Also ... Goblet of Fire is wonderful. Enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!