Yoga at sunrise- Castle, 2023

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi
Have you done the yoga event at the castle as part of the rundisney events..? Have you liked?
Any tips for securing a spot? Joining Club runDisney seem to be the best way right?
Thanks!

As I mentioned in your other thread, I think joining club runDisney would be way overkill just to get a spot in the yoga. I'm sure somebody will have the correct information, but I recall those spots being open for at least a couple days after registration was open.

You would have to join gold or higher club runDisney to get early registration and that would be a $500+ investment on top of the yoga itself.

Registration for this year's Princess sunrise yoga sold out in 3.5 hours. Bear in mind that for whatever reason, the yoga registration was not available when registration for Princess weekend opened it, it took place about 3 weeks later. I don't know what impact having yoga registration available at the same time as the races will have on how quickly the yoga sells out for 2023. For the Springtime Surprise weekend, yoga was still available weeks after registration opened. DopeyBadger started a thread called "Historical Race Weekend Sell Out Timing" that has very helpful information as to when each distance/event sold out in past years.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/historical-race-weekend-sell-out-timing.3844193/

My daughter and I did the princess yoga and I think for us it was a one and done event. It was a fun experience to do once, and we enjoyed it, but the mats are very thin and not the least bit comfortable IMO. There are people who just loved it and will do it every time it is offered, so I would encourage you to give it a try if you are interested.

Registration for this year's Princess sunrise yoga sold out in 3.5 hours. Bear in mind that for whatever reason, the yoga registration was not available when registration for Princess weekend opened it, it took place about 3 weeks later. I don't know what impact having yoga registration available at the same time as the races will have on how quickly the yoga sells out for 2023. For the Springtime Surprise weekend, yoga was still available weeks after registration opened. DopeyBadger started a thread called "Historical Race Weekend Sell Out Timing" that has very helpful information as to when each distance/event sold out in past years.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/historical-race-weekend-sell-out-timing.3844193/

My daughter and I did the princess yoga and I think for us it was a one and done event. It was a fun experience to do once, and we enjoyed it, but the mats are very thin and not the least bit comfortable IMO. There are people who just loved it and will do it every time it is offered, so I would encourage you to give it a try if you are interested.
Thanks!

Last edited:

I did it for princess, and it was wonderful.

The mats are exactly what my YMCA had for ages in their yoga classes. I actually use a thinner (no padding at all) Manduka mat for my own practice.

But mats,schmats LOL. We didn't pay for the mats; those were a bonus. The practice was terrific and wonderfully done for a group of literally all abilities and backgrounds. They also had one main teacher at the castle, then other teachers on risers around the area so that even if you couldn't see the main teacher, you could see them. It was fabulously done.

Hi
Have you done the yoga event at the castle as part of the rundisney events..? Have you liked?
Any tips for securing a spot? Joining Club runDisney seem to be the best way right?
Thanks!

In addition to Princess Yoga selling out in 3.5 hrs for the general public, the only other Yoga event was Springtime Surprise. That registration occurred December 7th, and according to my notes the Yoga was still open on Jan 28th (so open for at least 1.5 months without selling out). So, so far we have one event in 3.5 hrs and one event in greater than 1.5 months. I think based on these two yoga events it's reasonable to believe that if you attempt to register for yoga when general registration first opens that you'd be more than likely able to register for it. Certainly nothing is guaranteed. But the data is on your side.

I just did the Springtime Surprise session. I'd agree with the others that joining Club runDisney would be overkill just for this event.
Doing it, it was quite enjoyable but probably won't go again unless I'm already staying at Poly or if they guarantee transportation while signing up. Initially they said no transportation there and then days before say there is, and they did the same for Princess. I didn't want to take my changes so I was able to grab a room at Poly so I could easily walk over as DH was driving so wasn't going to get him up nor want to drive his truck over. So I wouldn't change my resort stay, nor do an additional one night, just for this in the future.

I was in the garden area and liked it there, knowing I wouldn't see the instructors. I had done yoga in the past so I knew the poses mostly. They did do a style that was different than mine so the flow was different. I did like they mainly did all the modifications to truly be all levels but angling more towards beginners. All shapes and ages were there. So it was very nice.

Also I asked the question to RunDisney and they confirmed that this event (yoga) isn’t included in the early registration for ClubDisney.. :) good having the info in advance
Thanks!

@DianaMB333 I know you've popped in on a few threads but just curious, do you have a specific weekend you're aiming for? You mentioned spring, so Springtime Surprise would be the obvious choice if you decided to do this, but Princess is also a good option if you can pull it off. The reason I mention is because both weekends have very different race routes for their longer events. The Princess Half is a race that goes from Epcot to MK and back. The 5k is a loop around Epcot. The 10k started in Epcot and had a small section in HS.

Meanwhile… it’s hard to predict what they’ll do for Springtime Surprise next year. This year featured a 5k in AK, a 10k centered in Epcot, and a 10 miler that had an extensive loop in HS for the first time since Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land opened. Worth noting: no MK. That can change (hence the surprise), but we won’t know what the themes are until sometime in the summer, hopefully before Princess registration opens, so people can make decisions based on what they prefer.

@DianaMB333 I know you've popped in on a few threads but just curious, do you have a specific weekend you're aiming for? You mentioned spring, so Springtime Surprise would be the obvious choice if you decided to do this, but Princess is also a good option if you can pull it off. The reason I mention is because both weekends have very different race routes for their longer events. The Princess Half is a race that goes from Epcot to MK and back. The 5k is a loop around Epcot. The 10k started in Epcot and had a small section in HS.

Meanwhile… it’s hard to predict what they’ll do for Springtime Surprise next year. This year featured a 5k in AK, a 10k centered in Epcot, and a 10 miler that had an extensive loop in HS for the first time since Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land opened. Worth noting: no MK. That can change (hence the surprise), but we won’t know what the themes are until sometime in the summer, hopefully before Princess registration opens, so people can make decisions based on what they prefer.
I don't know LOL.. I have Poly reserved (dvc) for February (princesses) and plan to do so for Spring too .. but it depends on which one I am able to register :)

I just loved the videos that I have seen from this year and past years, the collective energy and enjoying Disney from a different perspective..

I don't know LOL.. I have Poly reserved (dvc) for February (princesses) and plan to do so for Spring too .. but it depends on which one I am able to register :)

I just loved the videos that I have seen from this year and past years, the collective energy and enjoying Disney from a different perspective..
I’d also throw in weather concerns. I was also looking at doing either Princess or Springtime next year and I went with Princess. Springtime is scheduled for mid April, which to me means more humidity and a higher chance of storms. I lived in Texas too and know what spring time means in the south. I finally adjusted to living in Denver and can feel humidity again.

We just attended the yoga at the Springtime Surprise Weekend and here are my thoughts.

We arrived at the bus station early as it seemed there was to only be one bus from our resort and we didn't know if it would hit all stops at that resort (cast members said it would but it turned out it didn't from what I heard). 15 minutes later and no bus. The gal standing next to me left and then a few minutes later she pulled up in a car. She announced she was going to yoga and could fit 3-4 people. Three of us masked up, piled in her car and she drove us immediately to the transportation center where the four of us hopped out and headed in. She was the sweetest gal! We chatted with her the whole way to check in.

There were lines to check in...several of them and they all seemed to be about 20 people deep so we got in line and moved up until we got our yoga wrist band and could board the ferry. Got to the MK and lined up there to get in. They were letting people slowly trickle in and lining them up to the right and left of the train station. We were directed to the right. We stood there and eventually they started taking groups of 50 from each side and they would slowly walk you up the side walk of main street and then stop again. They were alternating letting each side go so when we got there a group of 50 was already standing to the left side. They got to go first, then 50 more took their spot from back at the train station to wait. After the 50 that left when we got there were settled they let our group go find mats. I will say this seemed to be a good way to do it. They continually tried to keep everyone calm by saying the same 50 mats are going to be there when we get to the front so no passing me, no running, no shoving etc. We came in from the left and lots of people were stopping kind of in line with the entrance of tomorrowland but we saw spots in the middle circle between the statue and the castle. We headed that way and immediately grabbed three mats without much thought so we didn't agonize over it lol.

As far as yoga the mat was paper thin but worked just fine. Think of this yoga more like yoga you would find at the community center. It was made for all levels and not challenging. You are not going to get a heavy workout/stretch from it - it's more about the fact that you are in front of the castle with hundreds of your running besties. They announced "hundreds of you" so I'm assuming that meant there were less than a thousand allowed to register.

Some thoughts if you do decide to do it. I would not rely on the bus transportation and just take a ride share to the transportation center (or walk if that is an option). I felt like we got there way before the busses which made shorter lines and less stress. Dress warm! We do hot yoga here at home and thinking of the outside temperatures I thought shorts or yoga pants and a t-shirt would be fine. It was not. We were freezing the whole time. My feet did slide around on their mat so I wished I had brought my yoga towel. Some people brought their own mat but I didn't want to pack mine. We did not bring the mats home they provided. At the end the Dapper Dans sang and there were fireworks which I thought was great and I got some amazing pictures from the event. I wasn't sure if we would do it again but by the end we all agreed we probably would.

**side note flying in on Wednesday, doing yoga at O'dark thirty and then a night run that night was a bit brutal lol.

Sorry this is so long. I hope it helped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter