Yo Ho Yo Ho a Tipsy Life for Me - A November '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 5/27

img_4435-jpg.294750

It looks so pretty!

While in line I was looking to pick up a 4th fast pass for Primeval Whirl and imagine my surprise when it wasn't available, but Flight of Passage was!

What!?!!?!? No way!!!!!! What amazing luck!

We had about an hour before the FP window so we decided to warm up in my favorite Disney bar: Nomad's lounge. Because we were freezing I skipped my usual cold liquor drinks and went for a nice glass of red wine.

I'm determined to get DH here next trip!

As everyone who has ridden it knows, Flight of Passage defies even the skeptics and is the best ride I've ever ridden.

^^Exactly

The salad looks soooo good, but it does look a little strange on the iceberg. I'm no foodie but it feels like the iceberg is not good enough for the rest of the salad.

Sooo late to your report but loving every minute of it!
:welcome:

Casey is really growing up. Why can't they just stay little a little longer? :confused3
I know right? She'll be 7 next week. Time is flying way too fast

I hear you on the multiple bus stops at the Mods. While I love the theming at the Mods, the better organized bus system made my move to the Values so much easier to take. And those line chains are little wonders. Just like fences make for good neighbours. Keeps everyone happy & respectful. ::yes::
It is definitely an odd choice for Disney to have the most organized buses at the values. We usually don't have issues at the deluxes since they are smaller, but I'd much prefer to wait between chains at any of the categories then deal with the insanity that a bus coming can mean.

What!?!!?!? No way!!!!!! What amazing luck!
I know right! I was thrilled to be able to ride it twice on the trip.

I'm determined to get DH here next trip!
I'm sure your "non" disney fan hubby would love it

The salad looks soooo good, but it does look a little strange on the iceberg. I'm no foodie but it feels like the iceberg is not good enough for the rest of the salad.
It was definitely an odd choice. I don't think I'll be ordering it again anytime soon.

Loving all of your reviews!!
Thanks so much!

Food, Wine, & Feelin' Fine

After a great day in MK, we were ready for some tipsy Ep-A-Cot Food and Wine adventures! We took uber over to the Beach Club to drop Casey off at the Sandcastle Club. Side note shame on Disney for getting rid of the children's activities centers. Casey loved them and we loved having some alone time! I'm sure they weren't a big money maker, but yet another time when guest convenience (and my childless drinking) is less important than the all mighty dollar. Ok rant over.

Speaking of childless drinking, Jason and I walked over to Ep-A-Cot and grabbed our first Food and Wine drink of the evening as we waited for my Disney tipsy spirit twin Ariane (aka @ariane37) and her husband Steve.
IMG_4455.jpg
This was the Blonde Guinness from the Ireland booth, which I didn't think I'd like, but it set the night up on the right foot.

After meeting up with Ariane and Steve we first hit up the France Booth.
IMG_4460.jpg
Where Jason and I ordered the Warm Goat Cheese Pudding with Spinach and a couple of Kronenbourg Blanc Lagers.

IMG_4458.jpg
IMG_4459.jpg
The goat cheese pudding was decent, but it wasn't as "goaty" as I like as the tanginess of the cheese wasn't prominent and it could have used some bread to eat it with. I was a big fan of the beer though which had some nice fruit undertones.

Up next we hit Japan where we indulged in some thimbles of Sapporo and some Wasabi Shumai Pork Dumplings.
IMG_4463.jpg
IMG_4464.jpg
These certainly don't look all that appetizing but they hit the proverbial carb spot! This is also where Steve and Jason were attempting to eat the dumplings, while Ariane and I held them in our laps, and the conversation went south very quickly. #TipsyFriendship

Continuing our journey we enjoyed listening to some Motown Philly from Boys 2 Men as we hit up the Hops and Barley Booth.
IMG_4466.jpg
IMG_4468.jpg
Clearly the darkness of the night, coupled with my tipsiness, didn't make for the best pictures but despite their horrid photos both of these were quite good. The Smoked Beef Brisket and Pimento Cheese served on Griddled Garlic Toast brisket had a great smoky flavor and I loved the creamy pimento cheese. The beer flight was the
New Belgium Brewing Fat Tire White Ale, Anchor Brewing Liberty Ale, San Francisco, CA and Orange Blossom Brewing Foxtail Cold Brew Coffee Pilsner (say that 5 times fast). The "coffee" pilsner was downright disgusting as I'm sure orange blossom, coffee, pilsner, and the poor fox were never destined to meet, but I enjoyed the other 2.

IMG_0122.jpg
Is that a ball in your hand or are you just happy to see me?

Continued in next post....

Food, Wine, & Feelin' Fine
Our next stop was the Italy booth where I decided to mix it up with a Frozen Margarita with Limoncello and Tequila.
IMG_4469.jpg
My face said it all as this bad boy was SOUR!!!

After several beers and a margarita I was in need of more sustenance so we made a stop in Africa where Jason and I split the Spicy Ethiopian Red Lentil Stew with Vegan Yogurt and Quinoa and Berbere-style Beef Tenderloin Tips with Onions, Jalapeños, Tomato and Pap.
IMG_4473.jpg IMG_4474.jpg
Yet another round of gorgeous photos :-) The lentils were one of my favorite items of the festival and were chock full of flavor. The beef was also very good, but despite jalapeños being in the name I wasn't expecting it to be as spicy as it was. Steve may or may not have had a good laugh at my expense as I had a coughing fit and called for water upon eating it. Apparently he'd learned his lesson the day before :P We also washed this down with a South African Pinotage, which fell pretty flat for me.

We meandered around the showcase a bit more and eventually ended up in the Craft Beer "booth" where Jason enjoyed the Zesty Cheeseburger and Cheddar Cheese Macaroni Handwich
IMG_4476.jpg
And we shared the Western Florida beer flight with JDub’s Passion Wheat, Sarasota, Central 28 Trekkerbier Farmhouse Ale, and Cigar City Guayabera Citra Pale Ale.
IMG_4475.jpg
The hanwich was a great alcohol sponge and reminded me of hamburger helper, which I hadn't eaten in at least 20 years, likely when I was also tipsy. The beer was also quite good with the Passion Wheat being one of my favs of the night.

We ended up spending a good amount of time here, so we took some pictures for proof that it happened while Steve regaled us with stories about the Sanitation Department. For the record Steve doesn't work in sanitation, but apparently everyone he meets in Disney from NYC does. He even threw in a few fugetaboutit's, which melted Jason's southern heart. He's so New York!
IMG_4481.jpg

Things get a little fuzzy from here but I believe I picked up a cider somewhere along the way before coming up with the brilliant idea of keeping our evening going at Abracadabar! We'd never been here before and it was a great place to grab some good drinks. Speaking of which, I got the Pepper's Ghost with Ciroc Pineapple Vodka and Habanero Lime.
IMG_4483.jpg
Clearly I hadn't learned my lesson in Africa and thought that I'd see that jalapeño with a ghost pepper. Seriously though, this was really good with a nice mix of spicy and sour.

Jason got the Parlor Trick with Four Roses Bourbon Small Batch, Simple Syrup, and splash of Soda Water.
IMG_4484.jpg
This is so not my thing, but he was a happy boy!

We eventually said goodbye to our fellow tipsy travelers and headed over to Beach Club to pick up our child. Casey had a blast with a visit from chip and dale, baking cookies, making crafts, playing games, and doing some sort of science experiment with a balloon she apparently named "Cankle," Clearly she'd been channeling her Mama's bloated ankles after a night of food and wine :P

Up next, once was definitely not enough....

Last edited:

Up next we hit Japan where we indulged in some thimbles of Sapporo and some Wasabi Shumai Pork Dumplings.
img_4463-jpg.302121

:rotfl: I'm getting a good laugh over Jason and his tiny tiny drinks!

img_0122-jpg.302124

Is that a ball in your hand or are you just happy to see me?

:lmao:

while Steve regaled us with stories about the Sanitation Department. For the record Steve doesn't work in sanitation, but apparently everyone he meets in Disney from NYC does. He even threw in a few fugetaboutit's, which melted Jason's southern heart. He's so New York!

Baha this is wild! And no, I can't picture Steve in sanitation. :laughing:

Casey had a blast with a visit from chip and dale, baking cookies, making crafts, playing games, and doing some sort of science experiment with a balloon she apparently named "Cankle,"

That's so cute! Sounds like an awesome time!

What a fun night at F&W! I was also surprised to hear they were getting rid of the kids clubs - I don’t have kids but seemed like a great idea to me! You were on quite a roll with appetizing photos there. :scared: :rotfl: Some things just don’t translate to film! Glad it all tasted good and so fun to have some partners in crime to hang out with. The handwich was definitely reminiscent of Hamburger Helper. Great idea to head to Abracadabar!

Oh my gosh, what a fun night!

Nailed it!

Our next stop was the Italy booth where I decided to mix it up with a Frozen Margarita with Limoncello and Tequila.
img_4469-jpg.302126

My face said it all as this bad boy was SOUR!!!

Great shot! :laughing:

What a great picture!

doing some sort of science experiment with a balloon she apparently named "Cankle," Clearly she'd been channeling her Mama's bloated ankles after a night of food and wine :P

:rotfl:

What a super fun night! Plus a DIS friend meet up! Yay! Looks like a blast. Looking forward to hearing about your recovery breakfast :D

Side note shame on Disney for getting rid of the children's activities centers. Casey loved them and we loved having some alone time!

I thought of you guys when I saw they were getting rid of them. I'd much rather leave my kid there than with the babysitter or whatever they call them.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun at Food & Wine, and about 8 times more drinks than I would have! :rotfl:

Hi Kari! All that food and wine (beer too) looked amazing! I need to get me back to the Food and Wine Festival sooooooooon! Its been quite a few years...

Now that they are getting rid of the kids' clubs, I'll make you a deal. I'd be happy to join your little outings at Disney and party with Casey while you and the hubs have some alone time. I mean, I'm sure that Casey would end up babysitting me but I doubt we would end up in Disney jail EVERY time. So, I'll let you think about it but the offer is always open.

Love following your food and beverage adventures! I'm usually a lurker... but not the creepy kind.
And JDub peach/mango wheat ale is delish- its perfect for a sweltering day boating and beaching. I'm usually a Stella girl, but I like to change it up with fun finds from the F&W festival (and it's my goal to try as many beers from TotalWine as humanly possible). Hahaha!
The handwich is totally Hamburger Helper- I said the same thing and it's best consumed under drunken conditions.

Well clearly you four had absolutely NO fun. What a shame. :rotfl2: I especially appreciated the tipsy/blurry pictures - a true testament to the evening... I approve! :thumbsup2

Speaking of childless drinking, Jason and I walked over to Ep-A-Cot and grabbed our first Food and Wine drink of the evening as we waited for my Disney tipsy spirit twin Ariane (aka @ariane37) and her husband Steve.
WHOO!!! party: PAR:cheer2:-TAY!!!!
Steve and Jason were attempting to eat the dumplings, while Ariane and I held them in our laps, and the conversation went south very quickly. #TipsyFriendship
When Cathy and I were there last week and walked by the Japan pavilion, I looked at the steps we sat on and remembered those dumplings fondly :D

Motown Philly from Boys 2 Men
You have to move when you read these words :dancer:

The "coffee" pilsner was downright disgusting
Do you remember Steve actually liked that??? He's gross.

Steve may or may not have had a good laugh at my expense as I had a coughing fit and called for water upon eating it. Apparently he'd learned his lesson the day before :P
OMG because your face was too funny!

We ended up spending a good amount of time here, so we took some pictures for proof that it happened while Steve regaled us with stories about the Sanitation Department. For the record Steve doesn't work in sanitation, but apparently everyone he meets in Disney from NYC does. He even threw in a few fugetaboutit's, which melted Jason's southern heart. He's so New York!
:rotfl: I was so embarrassed when he asked that CM if he worked in sanitation! I mean, yes he was Italian and from the Bronx, but so is Steve :sad2: I'm glad Jason enjoyed the NY attitude!

before coming up with the brilliant idea of keeping our evening going at Abracadabar! We'd never been here before and it was a great place to grab some good drinks.
And a wonderful idea it was :thumbsup2 What was that server's name? He was a peach.

What a great picture!
Thank you!

Oh, to be a fly on the wall that night! Looking good ladies!
LOL! And :thanks:

Well clearly you four had absolutely NO fun. What a shame.
None. Not a DROP of fun :snooty: And we won't have any fun this August either when we're there at the same time again :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!