• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Yikes. Now I'm becoming intimidated

Rajah

DIS Veteran
There's a LOT more to Japanese Gardens than just throwing a couple of green plants in a bed of white stones. Apparently, JG is more a philosophy than "just" gardening. To create a "true" JG (even a small one), it's going to take a *lot* more planning and designing than I originally expected (and probably cost more, too :( ).

On one hand, I'm now intimidated about trying it. On the other, I think it would be fun. I just wish I knew someone with experience in JG (especially in Texas) to help walk us through the beginning stages.

Oh, I think a reasearch trip is in order. If you can't make it to Tokyo Disney, then just head back to WDW and spend lots of time at the WS in EPCOT! :)

Good luck! I'm sure you can modify the garden to your budget and design preference. Remember, our gardens are always growing and changing. Start small and add shrubs and other plants as time and your $$$ allow. Most of all, HAVE FUN!!!

LOL Tig! I wonder if DH would go for that "research" trip..... :teeth:

Considering there's a Japanese garden here in Houston (we should go visit it for ideas...), I doubt he'd go for a research trip to Epcot. :( ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter