• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

YIKES! J&P Roses!?!

sorcerormickey

DIS Veteran
About 2 weeks ago, all of my nursery's orders with Jackson and Perkins roses were suddenly cancelled with no explanation from J&P. When we called our J&P rep - he told us there would be 'an exciting new announcement' from J&P coming soon. Huh???:confused: :confused: Well, we read in the newspaper yesterday that Lowe's is now the exclusive brick and mortar seller of J&P roses!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!! Our nursery has been doing business with J&P for almost 50 years now, and they suddenly pull out. I'm sure there are many other nurseries in this same boat. We received an order from them months ago that has been growing in our greenhouses off property - and that will be the last from them.

Is Lowe's all over the country? I'm not sure if they are - but if not, does that mean no one in that area can sell them? Glad I ordered my Disneyland rose direct from J&P. Sheesh!!!

Is Lowe's like a Home Depot, socerormickey? We don't have them up here.

Things must be getting very busy at the nursery! :)

Yes, Lowe's is the same as Home Depot....only nicer (less warehouse-like, IMHO).

We celebrated today at work - our first shipment of Nursery stock has arrived!!!!!!!! Fruit tress and other misc. trees came in...YAY!!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: We also got in our Dahlia bulbs - my favorite. Gotta stock up tomorrow!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter