Yet another FLower

Furgus

DIS Veteran
My Wife's Daisies just started to show up so I thought I would take a few pics. This is the best one of the group.
I printed it out and put a white mat around it and placed in a black frame. My wife loved it, now we just need a place to hang it.

What do you think?

0706_Flower007-Edit.jpg

Thanks TD, wow 41 views and one response.....

Maybe I should edit it and put a Mickey in the center of the flower :)

:lmao:

I like it too and think it will be very striking in a black frame.

Ha, I'd like to see the hidden mickey in the flower!

It's a nice picture, how'd you get the background black? Did you put something behind the flower?

Ha, I'd like to see the hidden mickey in the flower!

It's a nice picture, how'd you get the background black? Did you put something behind the flower?

I had a black posterboard I used to get it all black. I actually changed the blacks in Lightroom to make it all black, removed all detail, it was black with some grey in the original. She has some others in the garden that are blooming, might take some more and then hang them all up as a set.

nice photo and in case you haven't seen this i think it's a great idea for flower shots

you take a 5 gallon black plastic bucket( like what contractor's paint comes in, you probably can get one at sherwin williams for a couple $) cut 2 v shaped slits in the top rim and drill a hole in the bottom to insert the screw that is on your tripod. you put this contraption on the tripod, use the v shaped cuts out to hold the flower and stem if necessary so the flower head in inside the bucket which blocks the wind and makes a nice black background...i for get where i saw this but i thought i had bookmarked the link and didn't . :confused: :sad2: :rolleyes:

this isn't the same site as the one i saw but the same idea and probably a lot easier to follow than my directions;)
http://digital-photography-school.com/blog/the-bucket-method-for-photographing-flowers/

Yet another flower ..... and a butterfly ...... and a waterfall.

IMG_6566.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter