Yet another ECV on the bus question

emeraldmom

Mouseketeer
I did read the sticky, and understand that the scooter has to be no more than 48 inches long. My father previously used 3 wheeled scooters, and we've not had any big problems getting on and off buses, though maneuvering can be tricky. He has recently started using a 4 wheeled scooter. It is a Golden Companion 4 wheeled model. He is a 100% disabled military veteran and this was given to him by the VA. They also gave him a lift for the car, which is awesome. Anyway, it is 47.5 inches long. While that is less than 48, I'm concerned. Is it going to be extremely tight to get into the spot on the bus? Is the tie down spot only 48 inches, or does it actually give you a little bit of wiggle room? This new scooter is very heavy. With his old one it was pretty heavy, but you could kinda shove it into place a little if you had to. I don't think we could do that now. As I recall he had a little bit of trouble maneuvering the smaller scooter into that spot, I'm very worried about the bigger one. So, what do you guys think, are we going to be in for a rough time of it, and am I making mountains out of molehills?

My dad had a 4 wheel Golden Companion before it died and you won't have any problems with it on the bus.

Thank you, that makes me feel better. I was picturing Dad and I trying to physically wrestle this thing into place on a bus, and it was not a pretty picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter