Yet another Cricut question....

danilynn19

DIS Veteran
my mom saw the cricut in action (THANK YOU COLLEENG) and noticed how easy, awesome it was and how excited I got....WELL she said if I'm a good girl :laughing: then maybe she will get me one for my 40th. :yay: So one define good. :laughing:

Seriously though, she said someone at her job told her that there are different cartridges out there not made by cricut that are cheapier that you can use with it. I told her I didn't know about that, but I would check here because you guys know EVERYTHING!!! :lovestruc :worship:

What kind would everyone recomend? There are a couple of different ones.

Where can she get the best price? Where can I get the best price on the carts?

How come some have colored ink in them? What's up with that?? :confused3

Hi Dannilyn,

As far as the cricut cartridges, to my knowledge, they are all made by cricut and come in many different designs and fonts. I get some from ebay, some from oh my crafts.com and some from Michaels, AC Moore or JoAnns. i have paid as little as $25.00 and as high as $50 for the Tinkerbell one.

There is ink available that you would use in place of the cutting blade to draw the design instead of cutting it.

As far as the price goes, I am not quite sure who has the cheapest price right now.

Hope this helps. And if you are good :goodvibes , you are gonna love it!

Elsie

I got the personal cricut a couple of weeks ago at Joann's for $99. If you get the Mickey n Friends and the Paper Doll Dress Up you can make all sorts of outfits for Mickey and Minnie.

Hi Dani! Glad to hear your mom is on board with the Cricut plan! (insert not so evil laugh) :rotfl: I've never heard of cartridges not made by cricut. There is a program called Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL). It's not made by Cricut. It's a computer progam that you can hook up your computer to the Cricut and cut any true type font that you have on your computer or can find and download. It makes the number of fonts you can cut endless. I don't have it, yet. Every now and then I think I should get it but then usually another bill shows up in my mailbox :confused3:.

SCAL also allows your to cut SVG files, so you can download any clip art, convert it to an SVG file from a free program like Inkscape and then send it through SCAL to your cricut to cut- thus illiminating the need for cartridges.

MOM GOT ME A CRICUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO excited!!! :banana: :banana: :yay: :yay: AND she's not making me wait till my birthday in August. She got it for $99 with free shipping off of ebay. :cool1: :cool1: I can't wait! Getting caught up inthe excitment I went on ebay and purchased the Disney cart for $25 with free shipping!! :cool1: Is that good?

That's a GREAT price for the Disney cartridge!! Now.... do yourself a favor and go to the cricut website members board and read up. The more detailed the cartridge is, the trickier it can be to use. It's not hard, just sometimes a little tricky- This board is invaluable!! Go here and click on meassage board:

http://www.cricut.com/community/

Your mom got a great deal on the Cricut, and WOW $25 for a Disney cart is a GREAT price. I pre ordered the new beach and the font cart, I forget what it is called I can't wait to get those. Let me know when you get your bug! You'll have so much fun with it. Glad I could be an enabler for a change! :rotfl:

Your mom got a great deal on the Cricut, and WOW $25 for a Disney cart is a GREAT price. I pre ordered the new beach and the font cart, I forget what it is called I can't wait to get those. Let me know when you get your bug! You'll have so much fun with it. Glad I could be an enabler for a change! :rotfl:

YOu sure are an enabler!!!! :rotfl: I can't wait I am SO excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter