Yee Haw Bob Sexual Harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
I saw this on the twitter verse and thought it was important to boost to a wider audience. The screenshots are taken from a Facebook post; because I don’t have the permission from the person, I covered up the last name and profile photo (if anyone knows the woman and can say it’s ok to post will full name, let me know).

68EACFF4-794F-4B0B-80B4-4E1A5F56C60B.jpeg 278E1C7A-AB96-4158-A355-A012C8881C14.jpeg 369FC99F-673A-4C84-B578-4636B78B37AB.jpeg F9B8B561-9631-4BF5-97AE-4FF86A3F0E11.jpeg

I know this could be a heated topic, but I for one believe the victim. And I don’t believe she “owes” us any photos or other proof.

That's really shocking. Admittedly, I've only caught the show once, but nothing untoward went on to my knowledge at that show. I like to err on the side of believing the (alleged) victim and I hope that Disney addresses this. How awful.

I saw this on the twitter verse and thought it was important to boost to a wider audience. The screenshots are taken from a Facebook post; because I don’t have the permission from the person, I covered up the last name and profile photo (if anyone knows the woman and can say it’s ok to post will full name, let me know).

View attachment 282925 View attachment 282926 View attachment 282927 View attachment 282928

I know this could be a heated topic, but I for one believe the victim. And I don’t believe she “owes” us any photos or other proof.
Thank you for sharing this. I'm not apart of the running scene, but may I ask who YeeHaw Bob is?

Wow, this is shocking. Both that this happened and just as disappointing, though not surprising, Disney just swept it under the carpet.

Thank you for sharing this. I'm not apart of the running scene, but may I ask who YeeHaw Bob is?

He’s a popular singer/piano player who performs at the River Roost at Port Orleans Riverside. He puts on a sing a long show and gets everyone involved in the show. It’s a lot of fun.

He’s a popular singer/piano player who performs at the River Roost at Port Orleans Riverside. He puts on a sing a long show and gets everyone involved in the show. It’s a lot of fun.
Oooh, so he's not in the running scene per se - thank you for clarifying.

I, too, am shocked that Disney didn't do anything, however, it's as if they didn't want to publicize it. Problem is that they've now put his (and their) feelings over the safety of potential victims. That's not OK. I'll make sure I don't stand anywhere near that guy, because he would get elbowed very quickly.

Wow. I just don’t know what to say. We have stayed a few times at POR and have always enjoyed his show. Ive had photos with him, and so has my daughter. Multiple times thru the years. Maybe I don’t want to believe this, but I’m not ready to throw him under the bus on the basis of one post.

Wow. I just don’t know what to say. We have stayed a few times at POR and have always enjoyed his show. Ive had photos with him, and so has my daughter. Multiple times thru the years. Maybe I don’t want to believe this, but I’m not ready to throw him under the bus on the basis of one post.

That's sadly one of the biggest reasons victims don't want to come out with their stories. People don't want to accept that someone they like might not match up with that image they've created. Even if it was "totally innocent" in the past, it doesn't excuse touching another person's behind (or any other "private" part) without permission. Both male and female can be preyed upon, as we can well see with other stories. Nothing is gained by denying the truth.

Disney probably didn't fire him because they didn't want the controversy and he is very popular, so unfortunately, as usual, the $$$ comes before anything else For Disney.

That's sadly one of the biggest reasons victims don't want to come out with their stories. People don't want to accept that someone they like might not match up with that image they've created. Even if it was "totally innocent" in the past, it doesn't excuse touching another person's behind (or any other "private" part) without permission. Both male and female can be preyed upon, as we can well see with other stories. Nothing is gained by denying the truth.

How do we know it’s true? Poster was just reposting something she saw on twitter, it wasn’t a first hand report. Just because something is posted on the internet doesn’t make it true. I never believe everything I read. There is a lot of false info on the web.
I’m not saying what the person on Twitter posted was false. But we don’t know it’s true either. We shouldn’t be tar & feathering someone and ruining his reputation before he’s proven guilty, on the basis of one tweet from an unknown person. It’s a slippery slope.

How do we know it’s true? Poster was just reposting something she saw on twitter, it wasn’t a first hand report. Just because something is posted on the internet doesn’t make it true. I never believe everything I read. There is a lot of false info on the web.
I’m not saying what the person on Twitter posted was false. But we don’t know it’s true either. We shouldn’t be tar & feathering someone and ruining his reputation before he’s proven guilty, on the basis of one tweet from an unknown person. It’s a slippery slope.
Just wanted to throw out that this isn't an unknown person. Michelle Scribner MacLean is a co-host of the Mickey Miles and More Disney related podcast along with Mike Scopa who used to be on the WDWToday podcast and a writer for Allears.

I am not giving my opinion on the subject just want to give some background.

I'm speaking more generally, about victims speaking out. And this reaction is why people don't speak out. It's some "random person's" word against someone else who is well known. Why are they less valid? The truth I speak of is "People don't want to accept that someone they like might not match up with that image they've created." If it's untrue, he has legal recourse which will be just as public.

Edit in italics

Just wanted to throw out that this isn't an unknown person. Michelle Scribner MacLean is a co-host of the Mickey Miles and More Disney related podcast along with Mike Scopa who used to be on the WDWToday podcast and a writer for Allears.

I am not giving my opinion on the subject just want to give some background.
Thank you for the info.

I'm speaking more generally, about victims speaking out. And this reaction is why people don't speak out. It's some "random person's" word against someone else who is well known. Why are they less valid? The truth I speak of is "People don't want to accept that someone they like might not match up with that image they've created." If it's untrue, he has legal recourse which will be just as public.

Edit in italics
I just believe people are innocent until proven guilty. I’m not going to be the judge and jury.

This is a disgusting response. There is truth to the need to not jump to conclusions but in this case Disney was provided a picture. It is on them to be transparent about it. They can say she's lying and there's no picture or admit fault.

The onus is now on them, not the victim.

Your attitude is why sexual harassment is so widespread.

I just believe people are innocent until proven guilty. I’m not going to be the judge and jury.

And that's the way it should be in a legal setting. But before it goes to a judge or jury, people have the right to say what's happened to them. I don't think it should stop her or others from speaking out about their experiences in hopes to inform others.

This is a disgusting response. There is truth to the need to not jump to conclusions but in this case Disney was provided a picture. It is on them to be transparent about it. They can say she's lying and there's no picture or admit fault.

Was the picture posted on twitter too? If not, the pp is saying that he/she doesn’t believe everything he/she reads. That has nothing to do with if wdw believes the person if they were allegedly showed a picture. But unless there was a picture posted for the pp to see too then his/her opinion not to believe unless there is more proof would likely be the same.

There is no need for rudeness. You know nothing about me.

And that's the way it should be in a legal setting. But before it goes to a judge or jury, people have the right to say what's happened to them. I don't think it should stop her or others from speaking out about their experiences in hopes to inform others.
Of course, ppl can say what happened to them, but ppl also ppl can choose to wait for more proof or not. Ppl say what do they have to gain by lying? It’s not that sexual harassment or worse isn’t widespread or that it didn’t happen in this case, but there are ppl who do things just for attention. Not saying that is the case here at all, but it’s not accurate to say that all ppl should be believed just b/c it doesn’t make sense that they would say something that’s not true. There are ppl who don’t seem to understand the difference between positive & negative attention. I’ve had the experience of working with clients like this who couldn’t make this distinction. And, while I do think it is widespread, I think we also need to be careful that as a society we don’t end up on a witch hunt.

Of course, ppl can say what happened to them, but ppl also ppl can choose to wait for more proof or not. Ppl say what do they have to gain by lying? It’s not that sexual harassment or worse isn’t widespread or that it didn’t happen in this case, but there are ppl who do things just for attention. Not saying that is the case here at all, but it’s not accurate to say that all ppl should be believed just b/c it doesn’t make sense that they would say something that’s not true. There are ppl who don’t seem to understand the difference between positive & negative attention. I’ve had the experience of working with clients like this who couldn’t make this distinction. And, while I do think it is widespread, I think we also need to be careful that as a society we don’t end up on a witch hunt.

Of course, but again this attitude of "they're doing this for attention" is another way to discourage people from speaking out. I'm not saying "believe everything" far from it. But we got here because the person I quoted said "I don't want to believe it's true" so at what point are people convinced? The original facebook post did say the woman's friend submitted the picture and spoke to WDW officials about the incident. Later they cut her a check for $500 so clearly it was investigated somehow. I thin people are missing the point in that she was not only bothered that this happened but it just seemed brushed aside by the company. I don't know if she cares to "prove it" to people on the Internet as that just leads to more goalpost moving. At the end of the day, she put this out there, people can come to their own conclusions I suppose. But people should feel like they can speak out, bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!