Year Of A Million Dreams :)

girlinblackconverse

Earning My Ears
I remember about two years ago, I was at Disney during the "Year Of A Million Dreams" event.

I was (and still am) an avid Disney Pin collector, sporting my pin necklace throughout the Disney parks.

So one day, I was walking down Susnet Boulevard at Disney's Hollywood Studios (MGM at the time) and I spotted a Pin Trading kiosk. I ran over and started browsing the various pins with excitement, my parents and sister trailing close behind.

I was so intruiged by the design of the pins, that I hadn't noticed my parents and sister wander to the other side of the kiosk. I walked over to see the woman at the kiosk grab a cork board out from behind the counter. She told me and my sister (also a pin collector) that they were all very rare pins, and we could both take one each.

I chose one of Chip and Dale fighting over a chicken drumstick on a red and white checkered picnic blanket, while my sister chose one of Minnie Mouse with a parachute. The woman handed us a "Year Of A Million Dreams" certificate and we were on our way to the rest of the park.

The next day, we were at Magic Kingdom. I was having so much fun, that I failed to notice my Chip and Dale pin had disappeared from my pin necklace. When I finally DID notice, we had gone almost halfway around the park. I was so upset. I almost cried. We went back to the Liberty Tree Tavern restaurant and asked the man at the front desk if anyone found it, but no one had.

So we gave up. We sat on a bench outside the restaurant and the rest of my family started to plan where we were going next. I looked down at my feet and started swinging them back and forth, scraping them on the ground.

But then I heard something. I swung my feet again. Rather than a normal shuffling sound, I heard METAL scrape against the brick cobblestone. I turned my foot over and laughed. I laughed so hard and for so long.

There, poking into the bottom of my rubber-soled shoe, was my Chip and Dale picnic pin.

I don't know about any of you, but I find this to be a pure miracle.
Disney truly IS the happiest place on earth.

So I'd like to thank the woman at the kiosk in Disney's Hollywood Studios. For giving me the most miraculous pin I have ever owned! :earsboy:

I remember about two years ago, I was at Disney during the "Year Of A Million Dreams" event.

I was (and still am) an avid Disney Pin collector, sporting my pin necklace throughout the Disney parks.

So one day, I was walking down Susnet Boulevard at Disney's Hollywood Studios (MGM at the time) and I spotted a Pin Trading kiosk. I ran over and started browsing the various pins with excitement, my parents and sister trailing close behind.

I was so intruiged by the design of the pins, that I hadn't noticed my parents and sister wander to the other side of the kiosk. I walked over to see the woman at the kiosk grab a cork board out from behind the counter. She told me and my sister (also a pin collector) that they were all very rare pins, and we could both take one each.

I chose one of Chip and Dale fighting over a chicken drumstick on a red and white checkered picnic blanket, while my sister chose one of Minnie Mouse with a parachute. The woman handed us a "Year Of A Million Dreams" certificate and we were on our way to the rest of the park.

The next day, we were at Magic Kingdom. I was having so much fun, that I failed to notice my Chip and Dale pin had disappeared from my pin necklace. When I finally DID notice, we had gone almost halfway around the park. I was so upset. I almost cried. We went back to the Liberty Tree Tavern restaurant and asked the man at the front desk if anyone found it, but no one had.

So we gave up. We sat on a bench outside the restaurant and the rest of my family started to plan where we were going next. I looked down at my feet and started swinging them back and forth, scraping them on the ground.

But then I heard something. I swung my feet again. Rather than a normal shuffling sound, I heard METAL scrape against the brick cobblestone. I turned my foot over and laughed. I laughed so hard and for so long.

There, poking into the bottom of my rubber-soled shoe, was my Chip and Dale picnic pin.

I don't know about any of you, but I find this to be a pure miracle.
Disney truly IS the happiest place on earth.

So I'd like to thank the woman at the kiosk in Disney's Hollywood Studios. For giving me the most miraculous pin I have ever owned! :earsboy:

Tinker bell works in mysterious ways sometime. I was part of the Dream Squad at Animal Kingdom and she always found the right people for the prizes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter