Yeah and it Smells Like Hotdogs...A January 2017 TR *Completed 10/27*

I'm kinda with you on Disney Springs, but I'm also not much of a shopper at all. Dug really likes it because of the ambiance - live music, etc.

That Holiday Sandwich is Dug's favorite too! Yum!

Very nice D&B - glad that your family was able to gift you with something that makes you happy.

Great visit to Disney Springs and great to hear you both got something you really love!
Me too favorites souvenirs so far.

I couldn't agree more. I mean it is nice to see the Disney touches and I do enjoy Jock Lindsey's, but I find it hard to dedicate much (if any) time from our trip to go there when we have the theme parks at our disposal.
I agree, I don't like giving up time at the parks to go there.

Awesome! I'm glad you both found something for yourselves. And there's nothing wrong with spending some money on yourself from time to time! Especially if you have gift cards.
I know but that could have paid for two meals, mom guilt follows me everywhere. But I do love it and do not regret it at all.

Congrats on your Dooney purchase! It's lovely! I've also been talking myself into one for a long time now.
They're so pricey, but if you use it a lot it would be worth it.

I agree. It's nice, but it doesn't scream "Disney" to me or anything, so I still prefer all the old shops.
Agreed, I love wandering the Disney shops but I can go to those other stores pretty much whenever I want.

Cute PJs!
Thanks, gotta love the Disney Store pjs

SOunds like you and DH each bought something pretty nice at Disney Springs!
We did, no more souvenirs for us this trip :scared:

I'm kinda with you on Disney Springs, but I'm also not much of a shopper at all. Dug really likes it because of the ambiance - live music, etc.
It is nice in that regard, but still just a glorified mall to me.

That Holiday Sandwich is Dug's favorite too! Yum!
Oh man I love that sandwich so much that I will make a trip to DS just to get that again

Very nice D&B - glad that your family was able to gift you with something that makes you happy.
Definitely :D

Day 5: Part 1
From Jedi to Beast: This Kid Does it All

Once again, my body told me that I can’t sleep at Disney by getting up at 4:30.

giphy.gif

I got caught up on Facebook and with my trip report notes and then got everyone else up at 7:00. We drove over to Magic Kingdom and got a nice space up front. We took the monorail this morning and got to MK by 8:30.

The park was still pretty empty, at least it seemed that way. There is something to be said for having all those people spread out among Main Street and the hub.

I got coffee at Starbucks for Joe and myself and then we got a spot in the hub to watch the welcome show.

Time for the show

After the lackluster, IMHO, welcome show, we avoided the masses heading toward SDMT and went to Enchanted Tales with Belle.

DS 6 & 4 both gave rousing auditions to be the beast.

beast.gif

The CM first started to go toward DS4 with the cape and then changed her mind halfway there, which was disappointing. The good news is that she instead gave the cape to DS6, who she claims was louder. I was sad for DS4 because he really wanted to be the beast and DS6 has been the beast before, but he took it in stride and became Maurice instead.

They both did a great job in their parts.

That face :lovestruc

At the end, the PP CM asked if DS2 wanted to meet Belle, which he was very excited about. They had such a cute interaction and Nicholas just loved her.

After EtwB, we continued on our princess themed morning.

Last edited:

31778944184_858ed023b0.jpg

Love this family photo! <3

The CM first started to go toward DS4 with the cape and then changed her mind halfway there, which was disappointing. The good news is that she instead gave the cape to DS6, who she claims was louder. I was sad for DS4 because he really wanted to be the beast and DS6 has been the beast before, but he took it in stride and became Maurice instead.

Disappointing for DS4, but fabulous they both got to play roles and did so well! I'm personally quite proud of my own rendition of the Wardrobe from a few years ago. I mean I know I look young for my age...but I was like 19 at the time...I still totally sold it!

What a sweet photo! So nice they let your littlest go meet Belle! Side note: I also really like this particular friend of Belle!

Enjoying your TR! I had to comment that the picture of your DS2 with Belle is the cutest thing!

After the lackluster, IMHO, welcome show,

I haven't seen the new welcome show yet because nothing about it makes me WANT to see it lol. I like the idea of being allowed on Main St. but I know I'm going to miss the old welcome show. Planning to catch it next month just to say I've seen it............

Love the pictures of the boys with Belle!

Love this family photo! <3
Thank you

Disappointing for DS4, but fabulous they both got to play roles and did so well! I'm personally quite proud of my own rendition of the Wardrobe from a few years ago. I mean I know I look young for my age...but I was like 19 at the time...I still totally sold it!
lol, that's awesome. I would love to join in on the fun.

What a sweet photo! So nice they let your littlest go meet Belle! Side note: I also really like this particular friend of Belle!
Yeah, I thought it was nice that anyone could meet her even if they didn't participate. This friend was really good, glad we got her.

Enjoying your TR! I had to comment that the picture of your DS2 with Belle is the cutest thing!
Thank you

I haven't seen the new welcome show yet because nothing about it makes me WANT to see it lol. I like the idea of being allowed on Main St. but I know I'm going to miss the old welcome show. Planning to catch it next month just to say I've seen it............
I am totally with you on that. My mom saw it the first day when we were still in Crystal Palace and she said it was good, so I thought maybe they made it better after the premier show I livestreamed earlier in the month. But nope it will still sucky.

Love the pictures of the boys with Belle!
Thanks, they all loved her

Glad the boys enjoyed themselves at ETWB, such great pics of them with Belle!
Thanks, some of my favorites from the trip.

Day 5: Part 2
So many princesses, so Little Time

After EtwB, we walked on Under the Sea.

Their faces in this one :rotfl:

Then we on to meet Ariel, which James was not thrilled about. He was pouting up until the other two were seated with Ariel and she invited him up and then he was all too happy to join.

He even ended up getting a kiss blown to himpuckerup:. Next up in our tour of FL, we rode Winnie the Pooh.Joe was excited to get a red card.

After that James was in a bad mood, so he had a time out with Joe while I took the other two on the tea cups.

I'm not sure what causing this reaction in this picture.

I let the boys do the spinning and they actually got it going pretty fast. :sick: After the Tea Cups, everyone was in good spirits and we decided to celebrate by going on the happiest cruise that ever sailed.

I just love the hippo with the lazy eye:lovestruc

After iasw, it was Nicholas’ turn to be cranky, which Joe once again took him for a breather, while I took the other two on the carousel.

Nicholas was still out of sorts after the carousel so he had to skip the next attraction, meeting Elena and Cinderella. DS4 loves Elena and has been asking to meet her for months, so I made sure to get a FP for this one. First we met Cinderella where the boys learned how to pose like a prince.

When it was time for Elena, DS4 was awestruck. He just stood there listening to her talk.

After they got their picture, he remember he had something important to tell her, that he loved her.:love:

After, DS4 used the last of his souvenir money to but Elena’s scepter, and DS2 had calmed down. We were all ready for some lunch, so we made our way across the park in search of something.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/y...tr-updated-7-17.3575257/page-10#post-57946405

Last edited:
Love all the classic rides in Fantasyland! What cute pictures with the princesses! I loved meeting Elena as well.

The park was still pretty empty, at least it seemed that way. There is something to be said for having all those people spread out among Main Street and the hub.
Will be interesting to see what that's like. So different.

They both did a great job in their parts.
Yay! :cheer2:

Wow, this photo really caught that twirl!

Aw, very sweet!

Nice photo!

When it was time for Elena, DS4 was awestruck. He just stood there listening to her talk.
After they got their picture, he remember he had something important to tell her, that he loved her.:love:
Awww, so cute! :lovestruc

Great trip. Staying at AKL in December and can't wait.

After iasw, it was Nicholas’ turn to be cranky, which Joe once again took him for a breather, while I took the other two on the carousel.
Love how Joe deals with all the time outs :rotfl2:

I'll go check out your PTR as soon as I have a chance!

Love all the classic rides in Fantasyland! What cute pictures with the princesses! I loved meeting Elena as well.
She was really fun, glad we go to do it. I'm not sure I'll be able to get away with princess meets much longer.

Will be interesting to see what that's like. So different.
It is nice to be able to hang out in the hub that's for sure. I just wish they could have modified the original welcome show for the castle. That show had so much heart and this one is so blah.

Wow, this photo really caught that twirl!
I know we had a really great PP this time.

What a great morning in Fantasyland, you all were getting a lot done!
I love mornings in MK, it;s so peaceful compared to the rest of the day.

Great trip. Staying at AKL in December and can't wait.
I am sure it will be so beautiful around the holidays. Hope you like it there as much as we did.

Awesome dark ride photos! :)
Thank you, I upgraded my camera lens before the trip so I could get some better low light pictures.

How cute is this!?? Very charming princes, they are!
When they want to be :rotfl:

Precious! How cool that your DS got to meet a princess he's so enthralled with!
I know, I was so happy that he finally got to meet her after months of asking.

Love how Joe deals with all the time outs :rotfl2:

I'll go check out your PTR as soon as I have a chance!
He is such a good husband, he doesn't want me to miss out. Though I think we have a pretty good balance overall, this morning he took the brunt of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!