Yeah and it Smells Like Hotdogs...A January 2017 TR *Completed 10/27*

Day 5: Part 3
Yeah and It Smells Like Hotdogs

We made our way across the park, but on the way the Muppet’s show was going on, so we stopped for that.

I honestly, don't remember anything about this show. I think I'll need to see it again in November.

Our lunch destination was Peco’s Bills. They are offering 20% off to annual passholders, plus we love the condiment bar. There were only 3 people on front of me, but it took 30 minutes just to order. Apparently, the entire resort’s system went down and the CMs were taking all orders by hand and guests had to write down all their information since there was no way to charge magicbands. I don’t remember what we got to eat, but I was just happy to have something in my stomach at that point.

After our lunch, we needed something sweet, so we got two Dole Whips to share.

Since we weren’t going to be able to ride HM (due to the boy's fears), Joe and I wanted to stop into Memento Mori to look around. Joe has been determined to get me something with the tightrope girl on it, since she is my favorite. The CM said she though they has something, but they were sold out. I consoled myself with the three hitchhiking ghost tsum tsums, which I meant to buy the last two trips and kept forgetting. The systems were still partially down, so I couldn’t get my discount, but could use my magicband:confused3. A very nice CM gave DS 6 & 4 HM sticker, which I thought were cool, so I stealthy kept them for myself :rotfl2:. Next up we stopped at the prettiest bathrooms in the world before our last FP.

Our final FP of the day was for PPF, which apparently I have no pictures of. We had to stop at the sword in the stone, bceause DS6 had been begging me for five days to try and pull it out.

0125171351DSC_0391 (2).jpg

No one was chosen.

On our way out, we stopped in the Emporium, but didn’t buy anything. We were leaving and Move it Shake it was making it’s way back down Main Street. You could tell the boys were tired because they didn’t care about the parade at all.

We took the bus back to resort, which resulted in a 20 minute wait. I swear we have bad bus luck, which always reinforces us wanting to rent a car. When we got back to the room we relaxed and napped to recharge us for our evening. At one point I went out on the balcony with DS6, since everyone was asleep, and I was saying how beautiful it was and he goes, yeah and it smells like hotdogs.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
It was so funny that was what he was getting out of the hotel and he loved it. In reference to the hotdogs, it always smelled like campfire, I assume from the fire pit and in his mind that equals hotdogs::yes::.

Last edited:
Apparently, the entire resort’s system went down and the CMs were taking all orders by hand and guests had to write down all their information since there was no way to charge magicbands.
Ugh, what a pain! I had a similar thing happen once, but it was just one restaurant. They had to take the magic band and copy down info - very strange. Glad you got some food!

We took the bus back to resort, which resulted in a 20 minute wait. I swear we have bad bus luck, which always reinforces us wanting to rent a car.
Another ugh! I actually wonder if Disney is purposely making their bus service worse to encourage use of express bus and "minnie vans". For the first time ever, we are renting a car next trip.

32469134002_f74c68675b.jpg
OMG, His face? He looks so interested in what Ariel is saying!

I'm not sure what causing this reaction in this picture.
Only to be out done by this face. I love it! Whaattt?!?!

At one point I went out on the balcony with DS6, since everyone was asleep, and I was saying how beautiful it was and he goes, yeah and it smells like hotdogs.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
So funny. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Great update!

Too bad your boys are scared of HM. But I absolutely would have been at their age, too! In fact, I never even tried riding it until high school. Then I was shocked at what I'd been missing for years.

You must have been exhausted, the boys especially, with such a busy day! But that's so hilarious about where the title of your TR comes from! I've been waiting to find out!

Ugh, what a pain! I had a similar thing happen once, but it was just one restaurant. They had to take the magic band and copy down info - very strange. Glad you got some food!
That's exactly what happened here. Thankfully it didn't impact our day too much.

Another ugh! I actually wonder if Disney is purposely making their bus service worse to encourage use of express bus and "minnie vans". For the first time ever, we are renting a car next trip.
We've never relied solely on their buses because I heard bad things about them from the start. Problem is I want to convince Joe not to rent a car next time, but they're not helping my case. I am not renting a car in November, so we'll see.

Sounds like a good afternoon, except for the systems being down. Haha love the story behind the TR title!
Thanks, my kids always give me the best quotes for my TRs.

OMG, His face? He looks so interested in what Ariel is saying!
He loved talking to all the princesses, I think he liked that they actually talked to him.

Only to be out done by this face. I love it! Whaattt?!?!
Geez mom, why are you taking my picture:rotfl:

So funny. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
This kid kills me, seriously.

Great update!
:thanks:

Too bad your boys are scared of HM. But I absolutely would have been at their age, too! In fact, I never even tried riding it until high school. Then I was shocked at what I'd been missing for years.
I know, it's mine and my DH's favorite dark ride. It was a bummer to miss out. I'm glad you finally hopped on the HM bandwagon, everyone should ;)

You must have been exhausted, the boys especially, with such a busy day! But that's so hilarious about where the title of your TR comes from! I've been waiting to find out!
Kids really do say the darndest things :rotfl2:

Just found your TR and am caught up. I am enjoying reading along.
:welcome:and thanks for following along

Day 5: Part 4
How Many Times Can One Actually Ride Barnstormer?

When we were all rested up, we took the bus back to MK.

We didn’t go in the park and instead took the monorail to the Poly for dinner.

On the way over DS4 assumed that we were having dinner at Chef Mickey’s went we stopped at the Contemporary and he was very upset to find out that was not the case. We had the first reservation of the night, so we had to wait for them to officially be open for dinner.

We were seated quickly and all but Joe got fancy drinks. The boys with their lemonade with Buzz light up toy and me with my Lapu Lapu.

upload_2017-7-29_16-20-3.jpeg

We got the potstickers for an appetizer.

These were really good. Flavorful and light unlike the Ohana fried ones and prefect way to start our meal.
For my meal, I got the California Luau roll.

I was skeptical about the pineapple, but I really enjoyed it the twist on a classic. Joe got Pan Asian noodles with shrimp.

He said was really good, he's pretty easy to please. The kids got traditional kid fare. For dessert, the boys got the make your own sundae which they thought was the coolest thing.

I got the crème brulee.

And Joe the Kona Cone, which he got mostly for the novelty of it.

upload_2017-7-29_16-20-50.jpeg

This was our first time at Kona for dinner, and we loved it. After our delicious dinner, we took the monorail back to MK and got a picture in front of the train.

We had to stop at the jewelry store on Main Street, because we needed to get Joe’s watch resized, which they were unable to do the night before at the Co-Op. I took the boys out to Center Street while he did that.

His newly fitted watch

We got another PP on Main Street. DS6 was making me laugh and so this was the shot we got.

We got a fourth FP for Buzz. There was a commotion at the first tap point with guests who wanted to get on the CM was getting very frustrated with them and it was overall not a great experience, but we finally were able to get in line.

Next we were going to ride the Peoplemover, but it was down again:sad:. I went to use my riderswap for Space, while Joe took the boys to the dance party. DS 6 & 2 had a great time dancing. My ride was great, but the best part is the picture. The girls I was with were discussing where the camera would be and how they would pose, only to get this.

:rotfl2:
I also got this very blurry shot of the highly controversial Tomorrowland tents. I thought the concept was incredibly tacky, but you really didn't notice them there unless you looked for them.

When I got off, I realized I had left my Minnie ears in the pocket, which was sad, they were my first pair of Minnie ears. Joe had taken the boys on the TTA after it had reopened, but went back on it with me to cheer me up.

Next we walked over to Storybook Circus to try and meet the characters over there, but it was already closed. Instead DS2 and I rode Barnstormer again. The older too were still too scared, so DS2 and I rode it three times in a row, while Joe took the other to on Dumbo.

After Dumbo, they went into Storybook treats to wait for us and they were closing up so the CM let them close down the shop and pick out a free candy apple each:hyper:. Those three seemed to be having all the luck this trip. Meanwhile I was having a blast with DS2, my little daredevil loved that ride, it was hard to pull him away. Thankfully Wishes was starting and that placated him.

We didn’t stop for long, Joe had finally convinced the boys to try Haunted Mansion and we started walking that way while Wishes was happening. We made a quick pit stop at Gaston’s for a Le Fou’s brew and watched the rest of Wishes.

Did we actually get them on HM?

To be continued...

Last edited:
YUM! Your dinner at Kona looked delicious- especially the drink! ;)

What are those tents in Tomorrowland?!

What a fun way to spend your evening! I love it that your 2 year old is the one who loves thrill rides! Hoping you made it on Mansion. That's one my 4 year old has never been on...

Your meal at Kona looked great!! We're trying that for the first time this trip! I may try to talk Nathan into getting a lapu lapu even though he doesn't really like rum because I'd love a picture of him with a giant fruity pineapple drink!

Your night at MK sounds pretty good so far, but I'm sorry to hear about your Minnie ears. :( I hope you all get on HM...!!

Sounds like a great dinner at Kona!

Great family photo in front of the train station- the lighting is perfect and theres no one around!

LOL those poor girls, all prepared for the photo and ended up looking the wrong way! I never know where that camera is so i just look straight ahead haha

Free candy apples, awesome!

YUM! Your dinner at Kona looked delicious- especially the drink! ;)
I really loved this meal, tried convincing my DH to go back in Nov, but he wants Ohana :sad:

What are those tents in Tomorrowland?!
There were "cabanas". They were ridiculously overpriced and tacky. Some people were freaking out about them because of the way they looked, but you could barely see them and most guests would walk by and never notice them :confused3

What a fun way to spend your evening! I love it that your 2 year old is the one who loves thrill rides! Hoping you made it on Mansion. That's one my 4 year old has never been on...
DS2 is textbook youngest child, wild and crazy. I can't wait until he's 40 inches and can go on much more.

Your meal at Kona looked great!! We're trying that for the first time this trip! I may try to talk Nathan into getting a lapu lapu even though he doesn't really like rum because I'd love a picture of him with a giant fruity pineapple drink!
That would be fun, I hope you can convince him. I love rum, but I don't think it's super prominent, more fruity than anything else. Also, it might be worth it to ask them to swap out rum for another liquor, maybe vodka?

Your night at MK sounds pretty good so far, but I'm sorry to hear about your Minnie ears. :( I hope you all get on HM...!!
Unfortunately they weren't the only Minnie ear causality this trip

Sounds like a great dinner at Kona!
It was so yummy.

Great family photo in front of the train station- the lighting is perfect and theres no one around!
I know we really lucked out here, it's one of my faves

LOL those poor girls, all prepared for the photo and ended up looking the wrong way! I never know where that camera is so i just look straight ahead haha
:rotfl2:Me either, I don't even bother posing because I don't know where cameras are on most rides.

Free candy apples, awesome!
They were very lucky and me in turn because I enjoyed them too.

Day 5: Part 5
It's Just My Imagination

We got in the line for HM and were just trying to keep the boys calm enough to get on the ride. Getting past he stretching room is honestly the hardest part.

DS6 was very scared of the stretching room, but actually did fine the rest of the ride. DS4 decided that it was all his imagination and therefore not scary. He had picked up what the ghost host says in the stretching room about imagination and repeated that to himself the whole ride.

Afterward he said he liked the ride, but they should get rid of it:rotfl2:. We had pretty much done everything we wanted to do, so we let the boys dictate the rest of the night, that meant heading back to Fantasyland.

We rode the carousel again.

We hadn’t done Philharmagic yet, so we did that next.

Hidden Mickey

Then we did another one of the boys favorites, Buzz. Connor was very upset when he got off, because he didn’t win:rolleyes2. That, and that fact that extra magic hours were ending, was our cue that it was time to end the night. We made a pit stop in the Emporium to get something that had the 45th anniversary on it. I didn’t care for any of it and ended up with a pen, but I was very excited to find a 2017 mug that I loved and an awesome keychain that was on old e-ticket design. Purchases made, we made our way out of the park and onto the ferry. DS2 had a fun time entertaining us and those around us on the way to the TTC.

When we were driving back, Joe missed our turn and ended up leaving Disney property:sad2:. We finally made it back and I tried to do laundry again, but they were all taken. So we all just went to bed.

Last edited:
We got in the line for HM and were just trying to keep the boys calm enough to get on the ride. Getting past he stretching room is honestly the hardest part.

I can see how this would be the scariest part! It's a shame they start with this instead of easing kids in first. Good for them for being brave!

Afterward he said he liked the ride, but they should get rid of it:rotfl2:

Bahaha hilarious!

Yum, dinner at Kona looked great! Love that place.

Looks like you made good work of the evening at MK as well. Love the comment about HM being fun, but should be closed. :rotfl:

When it was time for Elena, DS4 was awestruck. He just stood there listening to her talk.
I'm glad he was able to meet his favorite princess. And give his mama a chance to see some princesses.

After they got their picture, he remember he had something important to tell her, that he loved her.:love:
That's sweet!

I honestly, don't remember anything about this show. I think I'll need to see it again in November.
I enjoyed the Muppet show. Saw it twice, but it was the Paul Revere story both times. It's a fun diversion, but definitely not memorable. It did leave me wishing it were a little bit longer and told more of a story.

Apparently, the entire resort’s system went down and the CMs were taking all orders by hand and guests had to write down all their information since there was no way to charge magicbands. I don’t remember what we got to eat, but I was just happy to have something in my stomach at that point.
Yikes... got to experience this one too. I can't believe this has happened on multiple occasions and they still freak out and don't know how to deal with it.

We took the bus back to resort, which resulted in a 20 minute wait. I swear we have bad bus luck, which always reinforces us wanting to rent a car.
That stinks. I think the most consistently poor bus service I've ever had was staying at AKL.

It was so funny that was what he was getting out of the hotel and he loved it. In reference to the hotdogs, it always smelled like campfire, I assume from the fire pit and in his mind that equals hotdogs::yes::.
Not a bad association to make! Gotta love some hotdogs roasted over a fire!

This was our first time at Kona for dinner, and we loved it. After our delicious dinner, we took the monorail back to MK and got a picture in front of the train.
I'm glad you had a nice dinner there! I've heard nothing but great reviews.

My ride was great, but the best part is the picture. The girls I was with were discussing where the camera would be and how they would pose, only to get this.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I can tell you right now, that's better than anything they could have planned!

Instead DS2 and I rode Barnstormer again. The older too were still too scared
They'll come around eventually...

Getting past he stretching room is honestly the hardest part.
::yes::

Afterward he said he liked the ride, but they should get rid of it:rotfl2:.
:rotfl2: At least they didn't run out the exit crying. I'd call this a win!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter