Yachtsmen Steakhouse Aug 2015

jim61vik

Earning My Ears
A father/daughter supper at the Yachtsmen in early august 2015.

My daughter (12) and I ate twice at the Steakhouse on our early august trip. We did get reservations for the first visit and were able to make last minute reservations later in our trip to eat there again. It was not very busy on either visit.

It was pretty hot out when we stopped on our first visit and were wearing shorts and t-shirts they did ask me to remove my cap in the dining room otherwise no problems with our attire. Several people were nicely dressed but it was still casual. I felt a bit underdressed but after 6 hours of walking around Epcot in August, it really wouldn't have been practical to change before hand (we were staying at Pop Century).

We were on the deluxe dining plan, but passed on the appetizers. My daughter ordered the NY strip steak and I ordered the filet. This was the best steak I had during our trip. (tried california grill, Le Cellier and several others). My steak was very flavorful and well prepared. I dreamt about this steak it was so good. It came with a large serving of mashed potatoes which were also good. My daughter loved the mashed potatoes and ate a fair amount of mine. I had creme brulee for desert which was standard for disney and good.

My daughter was much less enthused and did not appreciate the quality of the meal, she only ate part of her steak and would probably been happier with pizza at the pop century LOL!! The server was great and asked us repeatedly if there was anything she could get for my daughter that she would like better. They did bring us an interesting desert for my girl, it was white chocolate with edible paints (food coloring) which she really enjoyed playing with and eventually eating.

Made a deal with my daughter to come back for a second meal later in the week (had to eat at Tony's at MK and there steak was NOT as good but my daughter loved their spaghetti....sigh). Our second meal was just as great as the first so it is no fluke and I wish I could go back tomorrow.

It's pretty expensive if not on the dining plan, but certainly a high quality meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter