Yachtsman Steakhouse

ems_mom

DIS Veteran
After listening to the DIS podcast review, I felt compelled to offer my own experience on 9/18. My husband & I stayed at the BCV during FD and I had carefully researched and monitered the DISboards to make our dining choices.

I am a huge beef fan; my husband only mildly so. Nonetheless i persuaded him to order the chateaubriand for two as our entree. We both started with cocktails - for appetizers he had the tuna tartare and I had the shrimp cocktail. Our server (Brandon) was excellent; attentive, but not overly so. The appetizers were excellent.

We asked Brandon's advice when ordering our entree. We like our beef medium rare, but not red (raw in the center). He advised we order medium - pink throughout. However, when the entree was delivered (by food runners), it was definetly well done.

The restaurant was so busy (our reservation was for 6:55 PM) we couldn't fathom trying to find our waiter in a reasonable period of time and truly, we decided we could live with it. Even with the meat overcooked and the accompanying mushrooms oversalted...we were enjoying our "date."

We had each eaten about one slice of the entree and a portion of the sides when Brandon came to check on us. I said we were really enjoying ourselves but he might want to refine or redefine his "doneness" descriptions for the chateaubriand and showed him our entrees.

Long story short; he insisted on replacing our entree, I genuinely stated it was not necessary, yet he insisted again and said he would inform the chef. The chef came to our table, took one look at our beef, apologized profusely, and really insisted upon replacing everything.

Needless to say, we had a lot of leftovers. (Our desserts were boxed to go.) But despite the preparation errror, the service more than made up for it. The Yachtsman is definetly our new favorite WDW restaurant.

Thanks for the review!:thumbsup2 After 4 visits in 3 years, YSH is one of our favorites.

Same thing happened to me on our March 2007 trip. When I ordered my filet medium rare, the server suggested medium, so I agreed. My steak came out well done and charred black. But, our server was not as concerned and simply stated it was served as I ordered. My DH loved his filet mignon, but admitted mine was way over done and blackened. Next time I quess I need to stick to my guns and order medium rare..... or request your server. I do love the atmosphere at the Yachtsman.:confused3

Enjoyed reading your review, thanks for posting.

Glad to hear they made sure you were happy! We dined there twice. Our 1st experience was fabulous, the 2nd not as good. Steak was still great but service was off. It was so wonderful the 1st time we were hoping it was an off night. Thanks for posting! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter