Yachtsman steakhouse review

littlegirls

Earning My Ears
1-10, I would rate it a 6. For the price $39.99, the Oak-fired Rib-Eye - 16-oz Rib-Eye served with horseradish mashed potatoes and red wine butter. -The Rib Eye was not very tender and had a little more salt than I like. Their was too much horseradish in the mashed potatoes. I rate the waitress a 4. She filled our waters and served our food. thats it.:sad2: I pay alot of money for a "nice" dinner, and got nothing more than average. I am sure someone else had a better experience than me but, I think there are better place for less money. (Kona Cafe)
Abby

I'm really sorry you didn't enjoy your meal! We'll be trying yachtsmans in september, and I'm planning on writing a huge review, so I'll let you know if we do a bit better!

Its amazing what difference a server can make.

I went a couple years ago and had the BEST meal and experience ever and couldn't wait to go back.

Went in February and the whole thing experience was just blah. The service was slow, she brought us the wrong appetizer, ordered the steaks medium and they just walked them thru the kitchen so had to send them back ask for them not to bring it back till it stopped mooing. Just seemed like everyone has just been hired that very day and were still learning the ropes.

I hope it was just a off day. Booked it again for September. Keeping my fingers crossed!

We've been to Yachtsman many, many times, and we've had nothing but wonderful experiences there. I'm sure it was just an off day, and I'd definitely try them again on a future trip. :)

Last there in Jan 08 - loved it!! Great service, excellent food and a very enjoyable, relaxing meal. We had the DDP (deluxe) and used 2 credits, well worth it. It is our first eve meal when we return in Aug 08 (although the kids still favour Beaches and Cream :rotfl2: )

We had a horrible experience last trip. There were four of us and we all ordered rare steaks, they came out barely pink. Of course we sent them back and we had new steaks about 20 minutes later. Those steaks were overcooked also (between medium and medium rare) but we were so hungry and tired, we just ate them.

The manager acted like we were just being "difficult" :headache: Ugh, never going back.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. We had an excellent dinner there the third week of June. 3 of us got strips and the other got a porterhouse. All our steaks were cooked to perfection. The apps were good as well. Our server was wonderful and very attentive. I do agree with another poster who said a bad server can ruin a meal.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your meal at The Yachtsman. We just ate there for the first time in June and loved it. I, too, ordered the Rib-eye - it was perfect. I will agree, though, the mashed potatoes had way too much horseradish in it. But, who am I to argue - they are advertised as "Horseradish mashed potatoes"!

I will agree the server can make a huge difference. Ours was Mark and he was wonderfully attentive!:thumbsup2

Sorry you didn't enjoy your meal at The Yachtsman. We just ate there for the first time in June and loved it. I, too, ordered the Rib-eye - it was perfect. I will agree, though, the mashed potatoes had way too much horseradish in it. But, who am I to argue - they are advertised as "Horseradish mashed potatoes"!

I will agree the server can make a huge difference. Ours was Mark and he was wonderfully attentive!:thumbsup2

I thought I read somewhere that you can select(mix & match) any potato and sauce that is on the menu with your steak, is that still the case?

I thought I read somewhere that you can select(mix & match) any potato and sauce that is on the menu with your steak, is that still the case?

Hi Kathy! :wave2:

You know, I've always found Disney restaurants to be very accommodating as far as substitutions go so I wouldn't doubt that. It's just that I've had horseradish mashies before and have always liked the extra "zing" it gives them; but these were really over-powering. Now, w/ DD's filet, our server said I could switch out the red wine sauce if we wanted; she didn't want to and it was delicious!

Hi Kathy! :wave2:

You know, I've always found Disney restaurants to be very accommodating as far as substitutions go so I wouldn't doubt that. It's just that I've had horseradish mashies before and have always liked the extra "zing" it gives them; but these were really over-powering. Now, w/ DD's filet, our server said I could switch out the red wine sauce if we wanted; she didn't want to and it was delicious!

Thanks Cammie!:goodvibes

We ate there a few weeks ago and I ordered the same thing. My steak was good and I loved the horseradish mashed potatoes. That was my favorite part of the meal! I guess different people different tastes. Our server was wonderful too.

I'm sorry about your experience, that is a real bummer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter