Yachtsman Steakhouse - A Review

Wazzo

DIS Veteran
Yachtsman Steakhouse
DSC02035.jpg

DSC02033.jpg

DSC02034.jpg

This restaurant has a lovely atmosphere. We were seated in the round window area looking over SAB.

Our waiter was amazing... he was very friendly and a lot of fun. He was very accomodating to our table, since it took us SO long to figure out the wine to order, and then our meals.

They brought out two types of yummy bread, along with some roasted garlic:
DSC02036.jpg

We started with two appetizers, which were both DELICIOUS, but the portions were quite small.

The Ahi Tuna Tartare – soy-honey sauce, Asian salad, wasabi caviar and crispy wontons:

DSC02039.jpg

The Seared Maine Diver Scallops with frisee and shiitake mushroom salad, warm smoked bacon vinaigrette:

DSC02038.jpg

I only tasted the scallops, and they were perfectly cooked. The warm vinagrette was an excellent compliment to the scallops. I just wish the portions were bigger! My Uncle had the tuna, and he said it was absolutely delicious as well.

The lack of size in the appetizers was made up for in the entrees! My Mom and I chose to share the Oak-fired 16-oz Rib-Eye served with Horseradish Mashed Potatoes and Red Wine Butter:

DSC02040.jpg

They brought out the plate, and we thought that it would definitely be enough to share! Then, they brought me out a second identical plate... they had already split it up for us on two plates! Now there was definitely enough! :laughing: The mashed potatoes were really good. The horseradish flavour was very interesting... and was a yummy compliment to my steak. The steak was also very good, and cooked perfectly. (We have learned to order "up a level" according to doneness... we like medium rare, so we order medium when at Disney, and it's perfect!) It was cooked perfectly and had a very nice flavour as well. We both ate every bite!

My Uncle and his girlfriend had the 24 oz. center cut porterhouse, served with fingerling potatoes and roasted garlic butter:

DSC02041.jpg

They loved it as well. They had to split it up themselves, but they didn't mind at all. They had it cooked medium rare, and enjoyed it very much. They were also happy that they shared.

The desserts looked amazing, but we were already too full. The prices were a bit high, but since we shared, it wasn't too bad. Overall, the service and food were amazing. We will definitely return! :goodvibes

Rating:
steak.gif
steak.gif
steak.gif
steak.gif
(four steaks out of five - the only deduction being for the small size of the appetizers)

thanks for posting your review. love the steak rating system!

YUM YUM!!! Love my steak RARE!!! Looks like I oughta try it next time! Thanks for the review. No desserts??

Those steaks look sooo good. I'm going to make an ADR for Yachtsman Steakhouse for my trip next year.

Wazzo, great review and great pics! We had dinner there during our August trip and it was fabulous.
Aren't those onion rolls yummy? And addictive? lol
Our steaks were cooked perfectly and tasted great. And like you our service was outstanding.

I can't wait to return there next May.

Great review! I might have to go over there...we are staying at the beach club in May.

We went last week. I'll have to post my review. I had forgotten about the excellent onion rolls until you mentioned them. Perfect with the roasted garlic!

Great review! Thanks for posting.:thumbsup2

Thank you for the great review. Your pics are beautiful! I love Yachtsman. :woohoo:

Great pictures! Thanks for the review, I'm definitely hungry for some steak now. :thumbsup2

We ate there during our Marathon Weekend

I have to add the pic we took of the garlic!! Roasted garlic in olive oil --
IMG_3955.jpg

The steaks - do know tey take their steaks serious, they know exactly how to cook what you order - I always order medium rare - but I really want it medium (pink not red in the center!!) the classier the place the better chance I have to get the right steak!! they reccommended strip steak - strip steak to me is tougher than filet - servers recommended the strip - I want to go back and try the filet!!

we caved and ordered the desserts (not the appetizers tho) We split it - I had the chocolate and asked to swap out the mint chocolate gelato for the regular chocolate gelato :thumbsup2

Yum! We love the Yachtsman! Our only problem the last time was that our waitress told us(and this is no joke), that she had accidently put peroxide in her eyes instead of her eyedrops. When we asked her how that happened, she really couldn't tell us. It was absolutely the most interesting meal we ever had at Disney.:lmao: The food was still incredible though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter