Yachtman's Steakhouse - it was OK at best.

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
I was super pumped to go to YSH on my trip that I just got back from. We went last Wednesday night and while the service was great, the food was pretty lacking for the price.

My husband had the scalops and said they were good, just not his thing. I just ate the bread and while good, it was not amazing. It was bread.

I had the Fillet which was good but you needed the sauce to make it taste a bit better. The sauce was served on the side and was a red wine sauce. I don't know that it normally comes on the side or if they put it on the side for me because I am pregnant. I NEEDED the sauce for the steak. I tried to eat it without but it was not good. I got it well done and it was, but it also was charred and there were bites that actually tasted like just burnt food. My DH got the NY Stip and said it was pretty good but not excellent and for the price he was expecting more.

For sides I got the mac and cheese and DH got the rainbow carrots. He only ate a couple of the carrots and we both only had one bite of the mac and cheese. It was terrible!

For dessert DH had creme brule and said it was good. I had the sorbet trio minus the champange. For us, dessert was the best part of the whole meal.

So for $200.00 out of pocket cost, I think this meal was HIGHLY overpriced for the quailty of the food.

Kristine

We had the totally opposite experience there. We both ordered the filet, medium rare and it was so tender that you could cut it with your fork- really! We did not have any sauce on the side nor do I remember it having any on it but it might have. I think for this cut, you really have to order it more rare otherwise it comes out bad. Since it has the least fat of any other cut, you really need the natural juices from the meat to give it its flavor. Fattier cuts can be cooked more and still retain their flavor but not filet.

The filet there was much, much better than what we had at both California Grill and Le Cellier.

A filet should never be ordered "well".....you might have ordered a shoe leather and saved $$$! :scared1: That's why you needed the sauce, as no fat combine with no juices = tough and tasteless. Sorry you had a bad experience, but the *BEST* restaurant couldn't make your order spectacular.

I have to disagree. I have been to MANY steakhouses (captial Grill, Manny's, Murry's, Ruths Chris) and even Outback and ordered the fillet and it was done exactly like I asked and tasted wonderful. This one, was not.

Kristine

Was a little worried when I read the title but after reading two other replies saying it was good I feel a lot better. I plan to have my birthday dinner here.

To me, a well done steak is a wasted piece of meat. You can't be too picky if you're ordering a hockey puck IMO.

I'd like to do a blind taste test for people who normally order their steaks med well to well done with some med rare to med and I guarantee most of them would convert. They're just paranoid over the site of it more so than anything.

That said, I ate at the Yachtsman just along with Le Cellier and a few others and found Le Cellier's steak to be better for a 1TS meal vs a 2TS meal.

To me, a well done steak is a wasted piece of meat. You can't be too picky if you're ordering a hockey puck IMO.

I'd like to do a blind taste test for people who normally order their steaks med well to well done with some med rare to med and I guarantee most of them would convert. They're just paranoid over the site of it more so than anything.

That said, I ate at the Yachtsman just along with Le Cellier and a few others and found Le Cellier's steak to be better for a 1TS meal vs a 2TS meal.

I always order my steak medium well to well done and I have rarely had a problem. The one time it came out pink I did eat it because we were a large group and I did not want to delay everyone eating by sending it back. I know excactly why I order medium well to well done...just don't like it medium rare or medium. Sorry.

I had the same reaction to Yachtsman. The food was decent, but not great. For that kind of money, I want at least something I eat to blow me away and make me say - we MUST come back here. We left thinking that we would not spend the money or dining credits again there. I have enjoyed all of the other 2 TS places more.

We don't have PH tickets so we are limited to the park we are visiting (AK), resorts, & DTD so what you suggest for 1 TS credit for a nice b-day dinner? Keep in mind we are somewhat picky eaters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter