xyron machine?

laurafaith

Mouseketeer
ok i need some help! lol. i think i want a sticker maker xyron machine. basically -- my issue is that when i make stuff with me cricut machine or stuff like that i have to use little itty bitty glue dots on the back and i just want to be able to make those into stickers fast. is xyron the best way to go? and which one do u use/like? thanks!!

Yep, love my Xyron. I have the little 'X' which is the 150 and I also have the 510. The 510 is a recent purchase, but I like the idea of being able to laminate as well as make a "sticker." I had the 500 and I wasn't a huge fan- the sticky was all over the place.

I have the 250 and I like it. For some of the smaller pieces the stiucky is on the outside or inside little cut out areas and I have to remove it (either with a pin before I stick it or a glue remover afterwards. I find that anything bigger across than the 2 1/2 inches is larger than I would use that much glue on and I just use my other glues.

Rebecca

I have the 150 and the 500 and love both of them.. it's so great for making those little pieces stick so much easier..and for letters yeah!!! :)

Another 150 and 500 owner here ... when I bought the 500, I was actually looking for the 510 but found it in the clearance are for $5 so I said - who really needs to laminate - not me!

I have the 150, 250 and 510 and love them all. I use my 250 the most since the refills are far less than the 510

I have the little X and the 250. I use both equally, and they have repositionable and permanent adhesive.

Michaels has them 40% off til 11/17.

I like my 250 better than my "X". I think there is less leftover adhesive. I also have a 500 which I use alot for swaps.

I find the same thing Debbie. I just bought 2 refills for my 250 which should get me though my Christmas cards. Now to run to AC Moore to get Cricut blades

I have the 500 and the X. I don't really use them much, except on vellum stuff. There is a trick on the X, that you don't really even need the machine, just the refill. I think both of them leave things too sticky afterward, but definitely the 500. For little cuts, I just use a Zip glue pen now.

I use the X refill - as soon as I pick the small item off the cricut mat or out of the paper, it goes right into the x - then I don't lose the small fiddly bits. At least with the repositionable adhesive, once you stick your bits down, the excess adhesive rolls off if you rub it with your finger.

I use my 150 (refills only - I tossed the actual X awhile ago) all the time, especially for Cricut letters. I solve the problem of the extra stickiness by running a stylus around the letters before I take the top layer off. It adds a few extra seconds but is well worth it.

I also have a 500 cartridge for things that won't fit in my 150. I never did buy the 500 machine - you can just use the refill for that also, you just have to start it a little differently. Instead of the top layer winding up on top of the top spool, cut it so it works like the 150 and leaves the top layer on for you to peel off. Works like a charm. Thriftiness is the mother of invention.

I have the X, 150 and 500 too.....I didn't know you could use the refills without the machine, will have to try it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter