Xyron 500 issues

123SA

DIS Veteran
I got the xyron 500 for Christmas and so far I hate it. It leaves glue boogies on everything. I spend more time cleaning up the excess adhesive than I would just using a different adhesive altogether. Is there something I am missing? With the little X, I press down on the outer plastic film and then use a stylus around the objest. There is almost no residue. Since the 500 doesn't have that outer layer I can't do this. Thoughts?

I take a piece of saran wrap and put it over and then trace around the things with a stylus. Accomplishes the same thing as the X with the film.

DUH!!! and I knock myself in the forehead.

Thank you Hope. I was ready to pitch it in the trash.

Wow! That's a shame. I wasn't too happy when I first got mine that the film was removed for me. I thought it would cause the exact problem you're talking about; however, I don't ever run into that! :confused3 Of course I have some excess adhesive in holes in the piece (like in a capital A) but I just use my adhesive remover square before I peel it off the sheet.

Susan, are you using the repositionable adhesive by any chance? I remember reading that is more of a problem with adhesive boogers than the permanent - at least for the little X, but I assume it's the same for all sizes. I only use the permanent kind.

I use the permanent. I tried the saran wrap and that worked pretty well. I also tried the adhesive remover eraser thing directly on the wax sheet like you just suggested. That is better too than trying to remove it after you have it in position. I am using the xyron for the bows from the birthday presents on the cricut celebrations cart -- I have about 30 of them, so it is much more frustrating than if I just had one or two to remove the adhesive from.

I am really surprised by how little I actually need to use the xyron 500 -- that little X takes care of almost everything!

I can tell you what I do - I don't have the 500 machine, but I have the 500 refill. I cut the clear layer so it doesn't roll onto the "trash" roller, and instead simply stays attached to the "output feed", allowing the 500 to function exactly the same as the little X!

I can tell you what I do - I don't have the 500 machine, but I have the 500 refill. I cut the clear layer so it doesn't roll onto the "trash" roller, and instead simply stays attached to the "output feed", allowing the 500 to function exactly the same as the little X!

I can't quite figure out what you mean, but I am sure I can get DH on this.
Thanks! I love this board...I can always find an answer to my questions.

I KNEW it had to be the repositionable for my 500! I had been using the permanent, but grabbed a repo to try it out.

I have gotten boogies on my photos!

Thanks for letting me know that I am not alone, or losing my mind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter