• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

(X)Vegetable Foccacia - WW

ohMom

Kids Get Arthritis Too!
2 to 2 1/4 c bread flour
1 pkg (1/4 oz) quick-rise yeast
1 tsp salt
1 c warm water
1 TBSP olive or canola oil

Topping:
3 plum tomatoes chopped
5 medium fresh mushrooms sliced
1/2 c chopped green pepper
1/2 c slice ripe olives
1/4 c chopped onion
3 TBSP olive or canola oil
2 tsp red wine or cider vinegar
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tsp cornmeal

In a mixing bowl combine the flour, yeast and salt. Add water and oil; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 mins. Cover and let rest for 15 mins. NOTE: I made the dough in my dough cycle of my bread machine and it was fine.

Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the tomatoes, mushrooms, green pepper, olives, onion, oil, vinegar and seasonings.

Coat an 15 x 10 x 1 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with cornmeal. Press dough into pan. Prick dough generously with a fork. Bake at 475 for 5 mins or until lightly browned. Cover with veggie mixture and bake 8 - 10 mins longer or until edges of crust are golden. Yield: 12 servings

121 calories; 5 g fat; 1 g fiber; 3 g protein
1/12 of pan = 2.5 pts

Light & Tasty April/May 2003 issue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter