X-mas Stocking Sent/Received thread *Completed!*

Just waiting for Mary Jo, Jen, and Carol to share what wonderful goodies they received in their stockings, and then we'll be finished with another fun exchange! :cool1: :santa:

We're still waiting for these three, right :confused3 Hopefully they post soon so that everyone can see what their exchange buddies chose for them :thumbsup2

It's actually from the Alice in Wonderland line at Hot Topic...the box was too big for the stocking so I took it out. It's a shimmer stick (I have a collection of these things for nights out on the town :P)
Cool, thanks! Next time I am near a Hot Topic, I'll keep an eye out for one. I love shimmery things!

We're still waiting for these three, right :confused3 Hopefully they post soon so that everyone can see what their exchange buddies chose for them :thumbsup2
Yes, but Jen posted she will post the pics soon. Hopefully Carol and Mary Jo will too. I'll send out reminder PMs. :)

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I'm late to the game. I've been on the go for the past few weeks, and am also getting ready to go on the Podcast cruise, so it's been crazy! :crazy:

Finally, though, I got to open my wonderful package from ImMarcik (Marcie), and I have to say everything is perfect! :goodvibes

I've got a HUGE smile on my face right now!

:santa: Beginning with the card that has Bambi (my favorite character), I love everything! She gave me a Mickey & Minnie stocking that I'm going to take on the podcast cruise & use for my Fish Extender. She also gave me a reindeer cup and reindeer bag full of cocoa, and I've really been wanting to drink cocoa lately, so this is perfect. She also send me shortbread cookies - my favorite at this time of year. :teeth:. I also got my favorite scents, a really cute snowflake dish that I will use, a Merry Christmas hanger that is already hanging, and a Texas ornament. I was born in Texas, and I like ornaments that say something about the person who sent them, so again, perfect! I'm even saving the Texas tissue paper. lol

Thank you again, Marcie. I LOVED my stocking! Pic is below so you all can see my goodies.

IMG_3752.JPG

I posted when I opened my package from Jodi but have not had a chance to get a picture up until tonight. It included a Minnie coffee mug, sticky notes, mints, aloe socks, kaleidoscope, ornament, tissues, hand sanitizer and a Chico bag.

Stocking.jpg

Sorry the picture is so small, I can't figure out how to make it bigger!

A fishextender is a tradition started by several DISers back in 2005 when Disney brought over the Magic for the first time. On the outside of the cabins there is a hook with a fish on it for the stewards to leave notes for the cabin guests.
MyFish.jpg

Well, we hang a bag on the fish hook and different DISers who are participating put gifts in their throughut the cruise. Gifts can be as small as a few candies or as big as a tote bag with goodies (one of my favorites & I carry it to the parks all the time).

Here are some examples of fish extenders:
100_0406.jpg

This one is from our friends from Norway, Yvette & Emiel
4467_174524620315_638730315_6795262.jpg

Here's a picture (kind of small) of the stuff we got on our last podcast cruise. The logo at the front is a big magnet that we all put on the front of our cabin doors since they're metal.
IMG_0444.jpg

Here's a thread where Todd describes the whole fishextender thing:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32651483&postcount=378

If you ever go on a Disney cruise I highly recommend getting into a fishextender exchange. I typically give solo gifts, but there are groups (Nancy/yellowmickeyponchos is in a group) and they pool their $ & gifts to give something bigger. When I went on the Med cruise there were 68 of us. This cruise there are between 195/200 of us exchanging gifts. That's why a lot of people like to get into groups.

Here's an example of what we would find when we came back to our cabins. I think this was Mike Holland's cabin. You can see the tote hanging on the fish hook.

IMG_9274.jpg

This is pretty typical of a DISer cabin that's decorated with magnets & then gifts on her fish extender.

100_2757.jpg

4152_1092650915424_1201051811_30257282_6680611_n.jpg

Wow, that just brought back memories from our one and only Disney cruise. We are doing Royal Caribbean in February but I think I need to try to get on DCL again! Just waiting for a great deal for travel agents....

It IS so much fun. A lot of us also put magnetic message boards and people leave us messages. So much fun. I do recommend the Podcast cruises. We are getting a private concert from Jodi Benson (Little Mermaid) and Bob Gurr & the man who wrote WD's biography will give us talks. There will also be an autograph session with them, a party on Castaway Cay, and live podcast recording. Add to that about 700 DISers, many of whom I know personally (There is a group of us who close down the adult club nightly. It's tradition, lol) -- it's going to be a blast.

Back to the stocking exchange.... ;)

YAY for two more great packages!! :cool1:

Now we are just waiting for Jen to post her pics which hopefully will be today.

I'm going to go ahead and post this exchange as complete, but Jen, we'd love to see your pics or hear about your stocking when you are able. Thanks!!!

And thank you everyone who signed up and played along. Merry Christmas to you all and to your families. :santa: :hug:

Beth Thank You for all your work doing these!! I have so much fun with them! Merry Christmas to you and yours my friend. :)

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I'm late to the game. I've been on the go for the past few weeks, and am also getting ready to go on the Podcast cruise, so it's been crazy! :crazy:

Finally, though, I got to open my wonderful package from ImMarcik (Marcie), and I have to say everything is perfect! :goodvibes

I've got a HUGE smile on my face right now!

:santa: Beginning with the card that has Bambi (my favorite character), I love everything! She gave me a Mickey & Minnie stocking that I'm going to take on the podcast cruise & use for my Fish Extender. She also gave me a reindeer cup and reindeer bag full of cocoa, and I've really been wanting to drink cocoa lately, so this is perfect. She also send me shortbread cookies - my favorite at this time of year. :teeth:. I also got my favorite scents, a really cute snowflake dish that I will use, a Merry Christmas hanger that is already hanging, and a Texas ornament. I was born in Texas, and I like ornaments that say something about the person who sent them, so again, perfect! I'm even saving the Texas tissue paper. lol

Thank you again, Marcie. I LOVED my stocking! Pic is below so you all can see my goodies.

IMG_3752.JPG

I'm glad you liked everything and that you will get to use your stocking on the cruise! I've been on 2 disney cruises they are so much fun!

Beth Thank You for all your work doing these!! I have so much fun with them! Merry Christmas to you and yours my friend. :)

You're welcome. I enjoy hosting them. :santa:

Just popping back in to see if Jen was able to post her pics yet. :hyper:
I'm excited to see what she got. ::yes::

It has been crazy over here with parties, school events, and holiday errands...not to mention my dryer broke so I have been having to do my laundry at a friends house the last week while we wait to get a good deal on a new one. But I digress....lol here are my long awaited pictures!

December2010028.jpg

Just opened it....
December2010029.jpg

Cute Disneyland card from Mary Jo :)
December2010030.jpg

first gift
December2010031.jpg

All my goodies!!!

Inside were:
mint Hershey's kisses....yum!
a book on friendship
a Lenox Sleeping Beauty ornament
a Mickey Santa pen
Sleeping Beauty/Princess pencils
Sleeping Beauty mini puzzle
Sleeping Beauty toy doll
Sparkly socks to keep my tootsies warm
Sleeping Beauty coin purse
Mickey and Minnie mini notebook
a Diva candle that made the whole box smell delicious!
A reindeer pin for my shirt
And the stocking was so cute...it has a little picture frame on it with my pic inside.

Thank you Mary Jo!

I didn't know you could croquet with yarn.....LOL Just playing, my Aunt used to crochet and the yarn she used was thinner then knitting yarn. :) I know that's no help now..... :laughing:

:thumbsup2

:rotfl: I knew I was going to misspell that...

Awesome package Jen!! :thumbsup2

I'm sad the exchange is over. I was enjoying all the suspense and excitement. lol

Happy Holidays everyone! :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter