• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

(X) LC - Frosty

dizneegirl

Loves the Mouse
DG's Frosty

3/8 cup heavy cream
3/8 cup half and half
1/8 cup SF chocolate syrup
1/4 cup Egg Beaters
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 packets Splenda

Mix all ingredients together, and pour into freezer mug. Cover mug. Stir every 15-30 minutes (depending on mug, freezer, etc.) until desired consistency. Then, eat it straight out of the mug... Yum!

Approx. 7 grams of carbs for the whole thing. It's rich though, so you can easily split it into 2 servings.

Notes: I got hungry for ice cream, but didn't have an ice cream maker (and no SF stuff in our grocery stores, either!) So I played around and came up with this... it's good, and you don't need any special equipment to make it (though you do need a couple of hours to stir & freeze). It's not quite ice cream, more of a Frosty or frozen hot chocolate from Dairy Queen. I used Atkins' Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup, and I think it caused little ice crystals, but with the flavor, I really didn't mind the texture!

Use Egg Beaters or equivalent (use 1 serving), since you're not going to cook this before you freeze it... they're pasteurized - better than a raw egg (though, if you'd rather use a raw egg, you can).

Get one of the freezer mugs you find at Walmart, etc... the ones with the liquid in it.

I covered the mug with an old margarine lid. Covering it is important (it wasn't freezing up without it)... and I don't know if Saran Wrap would be enough.

You may be able to cut down on the Splenda, this is just what I used. It makes a VERY sweet mix, but isn't excessively sweet once it freezes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter