Wyndham Palace & Spa, DTD

Mrs Dazzle

<font color=009900>Florida-mad (well, mad full sto
Hello all - I wonder if anyone has any info on the Wyndham Palace at Downtown Disney. We are booked in October, but read somewhere about how noisy the rooms were. We're paying top whack as UK visitors, so want to make sure we make the right choice!

Any views - good or bad - very much appreciated.

Thanks all
:bounce:

We stayed there Jan 4,5,6 2002.....we loved it. It was not noisey. We were in a roomed that gave a view of the fireworks at EPCOT....but we also saw the MK fireworks and we able to tape tehm with the camera on zoom.....
Teh only complaint for us was that the only rest. open late...after 8:00 was the fancy rest. and we didnt want that. However, they do have several menus for Chinese, Pizza and Sub delivery....I think that you will enjoy it.
Mowsearz

We stayed there over christmas week 2001. Great location, rooms were nice bigger than most. We got this on priceline for about 55.00 per night. Great value. No noise at all, we asked for a fireworks view, they gave us the side just over the trees, even priceline bid.

What about the spa treatments there? I have been trying to find out what they are like, prices, etc.

We stayed at the Wyndham Palace in 2000 for a week. We got a great rate through Priceline for $55.00 per night. The rooms were not noisey at all, we loved having the balcony. The restaurants we're pretty good, and the pool was nice. There is a whirlpool, a kiddie pool, a covered area for the main pool. If you have kids there is a nice playground. It was a great walk to Downtown Disney, maybe 10 minutes tops. We didn't use their transportation to the parks, we drove our car. All in all, it was a nice hotel, and you'll have a nice time!

Leah

We got stayed at the Wyndham in March 2001. I got it thru priceline for $35. It was a nice hotel for the price. I wouldn't pay full price for it though. We got a room overlooking the lake and the wedding pavilion that they have. We had a small balcony with two chairs and a small table. It wasn't noisy at all. The bus was slow so we took would walk across the street to downtown disney and take their buses. Short walk--5 minutes. It was a nice little nature walk, saw a family of bunnies. There's the pool with a waterfall that you swim through. They had a little shop off the restaurant that was open late if you wanted snacks or needed something you forgot. Had a fitness center, car rental place, small store that sold souvenirs, a camera shop that you could rent camcorders, and I think even a place where you could use the computers to get on the net. I would join wyndham by request so you can request little things like your favorite drinks, how you like your pillows and little things like that. They also have the Bath and Body works soaps and shampoos. I loved their Juniper Shampoo and conditioner--too bad I haven't been able to find them in the B&BW stores. And the rooms weren't noisy at all. You could hear some hall noise if you were by the sink or was in the hallway when you walked by a room you could hear people if they were shaving, but it was quiet by the bed and as you got into the room more.

Thank you all so much for the information, It sould as though the Wyndham will be just fine.

The only complication now, is that DH has pointed out that with the rate we are paying for Wyndham, plus purchase of Disney Hopper Passes, it would actually work out slightly cheaper if we stayed on site at Caribbean Beach Resort, Port Orleans or Coronado Springs!!! Thanks for the late input, dear!

Happy weekend to you all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter