Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek

drag n' fly

Sassy, salty and sweet....
Haven't been on the boards much over the last couple years. Can someone clarify all the different Bonnet Creek names? Is one a ts and one a hotel or are they two different places all together?

One is a timeshare and the other is a hotel. They are located at the same spot (around a lake), but the hotel rooms are in a single building while the timeshare makes up multiple towers.

The timeshare is where we always stay. I stayed in the hotel once about 5 years ago before I knew about the timeshare portion of the resort. We have been going back twice a year ever since.

The Wyndham Grand is a hotel -- the last property built around the lake. The hotel shares all amenities with the timeshare resort, which consists of six towers around the lake and a main building. The hotel has its own parking garage and shuttle to WDW, but guests have access to all Wyndham pools and other benefits.

Is their any downside to staying at the hotel?
Many people confuse this with the timeshare side of the resort. This is a luxury hotel with regular hotel rooms, it is not like the timeshare side, which has much larger units.

When pricing the hotel, just make sure you are aware of the resort and parking fees. These don't exist on the timeshare side of the resort.

...and if you are looking for a full-service hotel experience, the Hilton and Waldorf across Chelonia Parkway might be better bets.

Do you want hotel or do you want "condo" style with full kitchen and laundry?

Share all the pools/amenities around the lake which is nice but ...
at hotel you pay a nightly resort fee and parking fee,
so in the end hotel may cost more than condo.

I believe hotel bus shuttle to parks is free, while condo has to pay if that factors in.

We've wandered the hotel while staying at "condo" and it's a beautiful hotel.

But we are Hilton folks so I'd likely stay at BC Hilton if I wanted hotel in that area,
and pay resort & parking fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter