WPLJ banned from replaying Eisner Skits

Baileymouse

<font color=teal>Has now been touched by the Tag F
For those of us in the NYC area, a DJ on WPLJ radio had done a series of funny sketches featuring a megalomaniacal Mickey Mouse telling off Michael Eisner. The sketches were a bit out there, with Uncle Remus in the background constantly interrupting and his bluebird fouling up Mickey's office. WPLJ is Disney-owned, and they have been banned from replaying any of those sketches or from creating new ones. Every year the morning DJs get requests for end of year repeats, and they have emphatically said they aren't allowed to play any of these, under penalty of "separation." One of the sketches dealt with the Pooh lawsuit, others with programming decisions. For the most part they echoed a lot of the sentiments expressed in various posts here. I'm sure someone will post copies of the programs on one of the file sharing networks, so if I find them I'll let you know.

Those skits have also been played on the Neil Rogers show in South Florida on WQAM 560am. They're a Beasley broadcast group station, so Disney may not be able to stop them.

I've heard the bits, and they're funny.

There's a Mickey mouse character yelling at Eisner asking him why the ABC ratings are down. Then Remus starts up a vacuum and Mickey can't hear anything on the phone. Mickey yells at Remus to stop and keeps ragging on Eisner.

What's funny about the skits is the way Mickey says, 'Eisner?" over and over. "Eisner? What are you doing to me?"

Remus: "The shelack am shot, boss!"

Mickey: "The SHELACK AM SHOT?!?!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter