"Wow... those people must be REALLY hungry" - our 13 day eating extravaganza! **Updated 9/30**

I would love to try that pizza but don't think I could get the rest of my family on board with melon on a pizza. I should just get my own pizza. I love your silly face picture on Spaceship Earth. So much fun!

Via Napoli is one of my faves!!! The pizza is amazing (even to my New Yorker sensibilities lol), and the prosciutto and melon is my go to! That sundae though is something I have yet to try. I haven't been able to snag a VN ADR for my Nov trip but I've still got my fingers crossed. What a lovely first meal for your trip!

That eclipse photo!! :rotfl:

Also - the melon & prosciutto pizza is SO GOOD. I've been dying to have it again ever since I first had it in June 2016.

Can't wait to see what else you had on your trip!!

pizza-jpg.269066

Large Pizza: Half Pepperoni, Half Prosciutto e Melone
Oh this looks so good! The prosciutto and melon is one of my favorites, but i haven't had it in years. Can't seem to be able to tear myself away from the artichoke and truffle one to actually have it again.

vn-dessert-jpg.269074
vn-dessert-view-2-jpg.269075

Coppa di Brutti Ma Buoni (Ugly but Good Sundae)

Oh SO good!!! Vanilla gelato with amerena cherries and toasted almond cookies, covered with chocolate shavings! The cookies have almost the texture of a meringue, but they are softer and chewier. We love this dessert almost as much as we love the pizza here! Sadly, we were both extremely full and decided to share this beauty as well.
Wow! How did I not know that this existed???? Maybe one day we won't gorge ourselves on pizza so we can actually try it. My daughter and hubby would be in heaven.

When we finished, I managed to get a great picture of the eclipse over EPCOT:

eclipse-jpg.269080
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Following along!

I'm a fellow Texan, and wasn't in town for Harvey due to work. I was able to come home that Thursday and it was heartbreaking.

:welcome:

I'm glad you were out of town during Harvey as well! I hope you and your family weren't affected too badly!

Am I reading it correctly - pizza at Via Napoli is $47?

No, the pizza itself was $36. Sounds pricey, but considering it can feed 2-4 adults - it's almost cheaper than a Quick Service meal! **Disney Math at it's finest** :rotfl2:

following

:welcome: Glad to have you along!!

Looks good so far, looking forward to the rest of your reviews.

:thanks:

OH my Goodness! The prosciutto with melon pizza looks so good.... and that sundae:jumping1:

That sundae is one of my favorite desserts... ever! So dang good!! :worship:

I would love to try that pizza but don't think I could get the rest of my family on board with melon on a pizza. I should just get my own pizza. I love your silly face picture on Spaceship Earth. So much fun!

My DH thought it sounded too weird the first time, but now he loves it! Maybe if you get a small one for yourself, your family will agree to have a bite and fall in love with it!

The silly face pictures make the end of the ride so funny! I can't remember the last time we took 'normal people' pictures there :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Enjoying your reviews and looking forward to reading more. Thanks for sharing.

:thanks: I'm hoping to be able to get a few more done this week!

I'm usually just a lurker, but finally decided to speak up! Can't wait to follow along! Looks so good so far!

:welcome:Welcome fellow lurker!! Thanks for speaking up and joining in - glad to have you here!

Sounds yummy!

BTW - did u pay OOP for Via Napoli?

Yes, we decided to pay OOP for Via Napoli since we were going to skip appetizers and share dessert.

Via Napoli is one of my faves!!! The pizza is amazing (even to my New Yorker sensibilities lol), and the prosciutto and melon is my go to! That sundae though is something I have yet to try. I haven't been able to snag a VN ADR for my Nov trip but I've still got my fingers crossed. What a lovely first meal for your trip!

**Fingers crossed** for you getting a Via Napoli ADR for your November trip!! VN is a Must-Do for us, every trip!

Wow, can't wait to read more

:thanks: I hope to be able to post a few more reviews this week!

That eclipse photo!! :rotfl:

Also - the melon & prosciutto pizza is SO GOOD. I've been dying to have it again ever since I first had it in June 2016.

Can't wait to see what else you had on your trip!!

:jumping1: Yay - somebody thinks my dorky sense of humor is funny! :jumping1:

wow! looks delicious!

:thanks:

Love your eclipse photo, wish I had thought of that!!

:jumping1: It was actually a big coincidence! DH wanted a piece of gum from my purse after lunch, while we were peeking at the Solar Eclipse. As I was putting the gum away, it dawned on me :idea::idea::idea:

The pizza looks soooo good. Looking forward to more

The pizza is amazing! I hope to have a few more reviews up this week!

Oh this looks so good! The prosciutto and melon is one of my favorites, but i haven't had it in years. Can't seem to be able to tear myself away from the artichoke and truffle one to actually have it again.

Wow! How did I not know that this existed???? Maybe one day we won't gorge ourselves on pizza so we can actually try it. My daughter and hubby would be in heaven.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I was SO tempted to try the artichoke and truffle pizza because of your reviews! But in the end, I couldn't tear myself away from my two favorites.

The sundae is amazing - definitely worth the tummy ache you get for stuffing yourself!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Rose and Crown
We spent the day roaming around EPCOT, riding lots of rides, and wishing that Universe of Energy was still open so we could take a nap. But you're here for Dining Reviews - so you don't care about that! On to the food!!!

Rose and Crown is our first night tradition. I always make an ADR for 8:00ish, so we can enjoy dinner and some drinks, then watch Illuminations from our table. We arrived at 7:35 for our ADR at 7:50. When we checked in, DH requested an outdoor table, and we were given a pager that works anywhere in the UK pavilion. After about 20 minutes, our pager went off and we were led to our table on the upper level of the outdoor patio. Perfect!

Now I have to admit, as far as variety, this review is going to be pretty boring. DH and I ordered the exact same appetizer and entree. But our drinks and dessert were different... so there may be hope for this review, yet!

DH started with:

Scotch Flight.jpg
Irish Whiskey Flight
This was the last of the Scotch flights on the R&C menu for him to try. It also landed up being his least favorite of the flights... probably the reason it is the least expensive. There was Tullamore Dew, Jameson, and Bushmills 16 yr. I love the way Scotch Flights are served here! If I was more crafty, I would try to make some of these trays... of course, then we'd have to start drinking more at home. :scratchin :drinking1Anyway, according to DH, one of them was "okay", one of them was "pretty good", and one of them was "ugh - but I'll drink it anyway". I had a small sip of all of them, and they all tasted horrible to me. But my opinion of actual alcohol shouldn't really matter... because I like my booze like this:

Felishia's Drinks.jpg
Welsh Dragon and Earl Grey Iced Tea
That's right, I like my alcohol brightly colored, full of sugar, and (ideally) served with a glow cube. :laughing: The Welsh Dragon is made with peach schnapps, melon liqueur, Crème de Menthe, orange and pineapple juices. On this very hot day/evening, it was very fruity and refreshing. The sweetness did get to be a bit much for me by the end, so I may have left a few sips. The Earl Grey Iced Tea was delicious!

For appetizers at Rose and Crown, there is really one choice:

Scotch Egg.jpg
Scotch Egg
(DH's looked exactly like this, so no pic of his)
Okay, so there are probably other choices on the menu - but Scotch Eggs are one of our favorites! Rose and Crown's do not disappoint! Perfectly cooked (no ugly grey line around the yolk) hard - boiled eggs, wrapped in nicely spiced sausage, lightly breaded, and deep fried! The egg is served with a nice little frisee salad. Under the frisee is a delicious mustard sauce that really brings the whole dish together. My only complaint is that there could stand to be a bit more mustard sauce. I'm sure if I asked, they would have brought more out - but the plate was clean before I thought about it. So I guess I didn't need the extra mustard that badly!

For our entrees, we both ordered:

Steak and Fish.jpg
Grilled New York Strip Steak and Fried Fish
Served with Yorkshire Pudding, Green Beans and Peppercorn Sauce
(DH's also looked exactly like this)
SO good! Each of our steaks were tender, well seasoned, and cooked to our liking (Medium Rare for me, Medium for DH). The green beans were great, the Yorkshire pudding and mashed potatoes were good, but the real stand out on the plate was the fried fish! That fish was sensational!!! The outside was crispy and the inside was hot and fluffy, it almost had a buttery, melt-in-your-mouth texture. The tartar sauce was homemade and perfectly balanced. I would have happily skipped the rest of the plate for another piece (or two) of that fish... and that's saying a lot, because I'm a steak-eater at heart (as you'll see from my reviews).

StickyToffee Pudding.jpg
Sticky Toffee Pudding
Steamed cake with warm vanilla custard and Hot Butter-Rum Sauce

Jaffa Tarts.jpg
Jaffa Tarts
Orange Cream-filled Cakes with Chocolate Ganache, Raspberry Sauce, and Orange Jelly
(Sorry, I only seem to have this one terrible picture!)
I asked our server for her dessert recommendation, and she said that "No proper English meal is complete without Sticky Toffee Pudding"... so how could I order anything else?! The cake was moist and delicious and the combination of Hot Butter-Rum sauce and vanilla custard was terrific! I would order this again in a heartbeat!

DH had the Jaffa Tarts. Sadly, I don't know much about how these actually tasted. I am not a fan of chocolate and orange together, so I didn't try them. When I asked DH how he'd liked them he said, "They were okay, but I probably would have liked something else better." Well alright then...

To further indulge in complete gluttony, we were also given:

Anniversary Cupcakes.jpg Signed Menu 2.jpg
Vanilla Cupcakes with Raspberry Sauce and a signed dessert menu

So really, it had nothing to do with gluttony, but was to celebrate our Anniversary. The cupcakes were great - better than the standard Disney cupcake. We ate one and took the other back to the room for later.

We were able to enjoy Illuminations during dessert, one of the main reasons this restaurant is our first-night tradition.

Fireworks from R&C.jpg
As we sat there, holding hands, watching Illuminations, I was a bit overcome with emotion. Tears welled up in my eyes as I recognized what a wonderful life I've been blessed to have...

Enough with the sappy stuff... let's wrap this up! After Illuminations, our server came over with our check:

R&C Receipt.jpg
It looks like DH also had a Black Velvet at some point during dinner, but I didn't get a picture of it, so you'll just have to imagine what a pint of half Guiness/half Cider looks like. Pretty much like this: :drinking1

We used 2 Deluxe Dining plan credits for this meal, which took care of all the food, and used our Tables in Wonderland card for our drinks.

In addition to being our First-Night tradition, Rose and Crown has become one of our favorite restaurants in EPCOT. We've had consistently great service, food and drinks!

Up next, Skipper's Canteen.... and where I got the title for my Dining Report...

I'm so glad to read about Rose & Crown! It's been on my list of restaurants to eat at ever since I studied in London. It's my taste of my home across the pond! I'll be getting dinner there in February and am getting SO excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter