Would you pick VWL or BCV

bcsmom

DIS Veteran
I have the BCV booked, but haven't stayed there in a few years. I'm just nervous reading all the posts with how gross it has become? I haven't been to the WL is awhile either. So I guess the question is, is the WL nicer (cleaner) then BCV?

I haven't stayed at either, but I think I'd go VWL any day. Such a theming masterpiece!

If by "cleaner" you mean "newer", then they are pretty much the same. I think the slightly darker theme of VWL doesn't show as much wear and tear as the lighter colors in BCV.

They are both about the same age and are popular for different reasons. We like both for the holidays, but BCV has a nice kids pool for warmer months. If I remember right the 1bd bathrooms are about the same layout. The shower at VWL wasn't so clean, but harder to tell with the darker tile patterns.

Thanks guys. What concerned me was some reviews on trip advisor saying how disgusting BCV have gotten. Things like the carpet was so filthy in the halls it looked black? I love being close to Epcot, so I think I will keep my ressie.

BCV is one of the resorts we have never stayed at while in WDW. I would really be surprised if it was in such bad shape, seems like Disney keeps on top of those thing for the most part. I am sure it is hard, because a lot of people just don't care and treat things poorly. We are very conscious of how we treat the furnishings etc...in our hotel.

Thanks guys. What concerned me was some reviews on trip advisor saying how disgusting BCV have gotten. Things like the carpet was so filthy in the halls it looked black? I love being close to Epcot, so I think I will keep my ressie.

Take those TA reviews with a big grain of salt. Most of them are whiners. I post on TA a lot and usually give a real review. A hair on the floor isn't a problem. A broken window is a problem that can get fixed easily. Black carpet isn't the truth.

BCV would be my choice of the two as WLV is just not my cup of tea and don't care to stay there again.

Both are really nice. BCV is much brighter. We chose based on location. WL is close to MK, BCV to Epcot and DHS. Which parks do you visit more?

Take those TA reviews with a big grain of salt. Most of them are whiners. I post on TA a lot and usually give a real review. A hair on the floor isn't a problem. A broken window is a problem that can get fixed easily. Black carpet isn't the truth.

Thanks so much I kind of thought maybe people were being overly dramatic. We haven't stayed there in about 5 years, so I'm excited now to stay there again.

Both are really nice. BCV is much brighter. We chose based on location. WL is close to MK, BCV to Epcot and DHS. Which parks do you visit more?

My little girl loves Epcot. She loves those scavenger hunts. So it will be nice to walk to the park.

bcsmom back on the boards :thumbsup2

Stay with BCV IMO. :wizard:

Both...I'd like one Epcot and one MK (at least). Addonitis may bite you too!

I stayed at BCV in December 2011 and VWL in April 2013. I would pick BCV 10 times out of 10. I just found it to be more me.

To me the choice is about location, location, location. We stayed at BCV for two weeks this past May and did not have any problem with the condition of our room or the resort in general. (however we do not bring a magnifying glass into the room and check every nook and cranny either like I think some people posting those reviews do :goodvibes ). That doesn't mean that a guest might not end up in a room that has some condition issues. Those are usually corrected quickly or the guest can be moved to another room.

We love being close to Epcot and HS and our favorite place to stay is BWV. We had an awesome first bedroom villa there in September and it took us 10 minutes to walk to HS and 8 minutes to walk to Epcot from our room. It is hard to beat that. However, we are also planning a stay at WL for next May just to experience what that resort has to offer and see how we like being close to MK for a change.

If it was me I would base my decision on what parks I would be spending the most time at and not reviews. There is no way that Disney is going to let the resort condition deteriorate to the level that people are describing.

BCV would be my choice of the two as WLV is just not my cup of tea and don't care to stay there again.

I thought I was the only one who felt like that. Thanks, RweTHEREyet, for letting me know I'm not alone. For one thing, I don't like the way the balconies are/were. At least the one time we stayed there, all the balconies were open to the others, no privacy walls anywhere. So when you sat on your balcony, you could easily see everyone else sitting on their balcony.

We were at BCV 1 month ago. Didn't notice the problems that some people claim.

In fact, our room was better than our BCV in 2012. In Sept 2012, they were replacing mattresses. We were the last ones to sleep on the one in our room. It really needed it. We also had some issues with house keeping in Sept 2012.

Sept 2013, our mattress was great. Room was clean.
Bathroom did show a bit of wear to the point it could use a rehab, but it wasn't anything that would prevent me from booking.

It’s no secret that VWL would be MY preference, but by the sounds of YOUR preferences, it would seem that BCV is the logical choice. In general, I hear more reports about “poor condition” at BCV than I do any other DVC resort. With VWL, you hear a handful of comments about how “dark” the room / resort feels in general, and “dark” somehow gets translated to “dirty” and/or “outdated”. What some people fail to recognize is that is exactly how the resort was meant to feel (ahem… theming anyone?).

Regardless, as others have mentioned, I take these types of comments with a grain of salt. Whenever anyone has a “problem” – whether real or perceived – you almost always hear about it. When someone is satisfied, they won’t go to the ends of the earth to broadcast it across the worldwide web.

I have only stayed at three DVC resorts thus far (VWL, BLT and SSR), and I can tell you that I have never found cleanliness or room condition to be a problem in any of them. Sure, you can always find a cosmetic blemish here or there, but that goes for just about any hotel worldwide. Perhaps I have a higher tolerance for these types of things than others. On my last trip to Shanghai, I walked into the main entrance of my hotel (Holiday Inn – Pudong… not an “off the beaten path” hole-in-the-wall) only to find the front desk personnel chasing a giant rat around the lobby with a shovel. Until I see that at DVC, I won’t have ANY complaints…

And no… I didn’t eat at the restaurant the following day.

On my last trip to Shanghai, I walked into the main entrance of my hotel (Holiday Inn – Pudong… not an “off the beaten path” hole-in-the-wall) only to find the front desk personnel chasing a giant rat around the lobby with a shovel. Until I see that at DVC, I won’t have ANY complaints…

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Andrew015 said:
On my last trip to Shanghai, I walked into the main entrance of my hotel (Holiday Inn – Pudong… not an “off the beaten path” hole-in-the-wall) only to find the front desk personnel chasing a giant rat around the lobby with a shovel. Until I see that at DVC, I won’t have ANY complaints…

Now that puts things into perspective haha. I hope to never see that :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter