Would someone explain digi scrapping?

tyniknate

DIS Veteran
Would someone explain digi scrapping to me?
Do they print out like pictures? How do you print 12X12? My printer doesn't go that big. Do you buy and download the images to you computer to use forever? Can you mix and match from one set of images to another?
I'm really confused.

Would someone explain digi scrapping to me?
I'll try!:goodvibes
Do they print out like pictures? How do you print 12X12?
Yes, they print out like big pictures. With the right shadowing and texture, you'll have people touching them because they have so much dimension. There are a lot of online places that print out 12x12's prices start around $2.00 a page and go up from there.
Do you buy and download the images to you computer to use forever? Can you mix and match from one set of images to another?
Yes, you buy kits and then assemble your pages much like you would traditional using a program such as PS Elements, CS4 or Paint Shop Pro. Anything that will let you work in layers and add shadows. The best part is you can use stuff over and over (just make sure to use a copy of the item) and hit undo if you don't like something. And yep, you can reuse stuff and mix and match as much as you want. (however, sharing products, even freebies with others is a big no no and proper credit should always be given to the designers)
I'm really confused.
It can be a little overwhelming at first but it is so addicting and so much fun! The best thing you can do is read tutorials for the program you use and collect a few freebies to get yourself started. A good place for DIS inspired freebies is on Britt's Blog: http://brittishdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/07/magical-autographs-album.html You'll have to go through the posts to find the freebies but trust me they're worth it. One of the best places I found when I first started for tutorials for all programs was DSP: http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/university/tutorials/tutorials.shtml Their tuts are easy to understand and grouped by program.
Any questions, all the girls in the Digi Scrap thread are very helpful and if I can be of any help just shoot me a pm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter