• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would it be worth going to Universal for 1/2 day

interstate70s

DIS Veteran
So my family has decided to fly for our upcoming trip, and our flight gets into LGB at 10am on Mon Sept 24th. We are renting a car to drive to Anahiem and have been throwing around ideas on what to do with extra time that day. I 'm considering going to one of the natural history museum or tar pits, don 't think we 'll do the beach this time, but now am wondering if it would be worth a trip to Universal. Kids will be 7 and almost 10. Both are tall and brave, but am wondering how much we can get done from noon on?

I just checked and the park is only open till 6 that day - and it could take you till past noon to get there from long beach if you're getting a car and checked luggage. It's a good hour away in light traffic. I think all the schools will be in session then though so you MIGHT be able to squeeze in most of the attractions in 5-6 hours - the park isn't that big. So it's a toss-up in my opinion- kind of depends on how much you want to see it. With brave kids -i hear the transformers ride is great and I know the Simpsons is a lot of fun. The Mummy is also good - Jurassic Park to me just an OK.

Mainly what I think you'd be missing is a lot of the live shows. After 6 you could visit Citywalk ( attached - you'll walk thru it to get to the park) for dinner and fun shopping.

If you're jetlagged the drive down to Anaheim will seem long!

Thanks! I think we'll skip it since they close at 6, I guess I had 8 pm close stuck on my mind. We ' ll save it for another time. It would be a lot of money if the park closes that early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter